Which restaurant did you not like that everyone raves about?

The most over hyped for me are:

Earl of sandwich. Nothing special at all. I put it on the same level as Quiznos.

Beaches & Cream - burger is too thin and floppy. It was decent but not the best burger in disney! Not a chance.

Le Cellier - My steak was tasteless and fatty. cheese soup was meh. Never again thank you.

Posted from DISboards.com App for Android

I also want to add Ohana dinner. It was ok but not the best meal ive ever had in disney. The famous sticky wings were good. My son loves wings and noodles but didnt care for them for some reason.

Hi
Boma was terrible. The food wasn't hot, just lukewarm, and a lot of it was sweet. The rice had raisins in it. One person in our group liked the prime rib.
Also, I loved Calif. Grill the first time. I had a veggie lasagna the next time and it was inedible. Yuck!!

Overhyped? O'hana, just doesnt live up to its rep. Tasty asian side dishes accompanied by dry meat = not worth the $$$ IMO. Just as a heads up for anyone reading this though, I don't eat chicken, so I don't take the wings into account. Ive heard those are good but the dumplings were OK dumplings and the noodles/salad/bread/desert was good, and I STILL think its a meh.

Just plain out BAD? ABC commentary. I agree with someone who said they tossed their food. We had the salad and curry and both were so awful we ate a few bites and got a carrot cake cookie a the writer's stop instead.

I enjoyed eating at LeCellier a few times, but feel it is WAYYYY over-hyped.

My other one is not a place but a food item. I totally don't get what the hype is over a Dole Whip. It's okay, but nothing that great. :confused3

I enjoyed eating at LeCellier a few times, but feel it is WAYYYY over-hyped.

My other one is not a place but a food item. I totally don't get what the hype is over a Dole Whip. It's okay, but nothing that great. :confused3

Love a dole whip. Maybe because it is something I can only get in WDW. And I love pineapple.

Kona for me was the worst. The food was boring and not at all interesting.

DITTO !! tried it 2 different trips because so many people rave about it, we just don't get it :confused3

I'm also adding Biergarten, we thought the food was ok at best

Chef Mickey! We thought it looked old, dirty and the buffet was on par with school cafeteria food. We were shocked.

I will say the staff & characters were great as my DS got ill and they magically took care of it like it never happened.:goodvibes

50's prime time to me was discusting. I had the meatloaf and my daughter had the pot roast and both were unediable. We skipped this meal...

I have never been there. But I have to say Tangerine cafe. One of our fave CS. :)

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards

I agree!! In 10 days I will be eating here!

Hate is a strong word, but I hated LTT for dinner. :scared: My grandsons, who love Kraft or store brand mac and cheese, or home made mac and cheese refused to eat it there. I don't blame them, it was awful! Also the beef was tough and cold, the turkey was really salty, like lunchmeat and the pork was really fatty. The dressing was good! lol

ABC Commissary has food that is inedible. My daughter got something there she liked our first trip, insisted on going there on other trips, but finally gave up a few trips ago. I would go to Starring Rolls, bring my lunch back and people throwing trays of food away, were asking me where I got my food. :rotfl2:

Le Cellier

our table was right by the bathroom, so constant people moving past it.

Our server was awful!!

my steak was bloody... ask for medium to well done. and it was cold.

we have not been back since.. better steaks at Kona!! (or Longhorn and its a lot cheaper!!)

goofyintoronto said:
I also want to add Ohana dinner. It was ok but not the best meal ive ever had in disney.

I agree. I was really looking forward to it and found it to be just average. Service was very good, but all the meat was tough and dry. The bread pudding was pretty good though, but not anywhere as good as the one at Raglan Road.

I am going to have to agree with 'Ohana. That being said, we are trying it again this trip. I think it was just a combination of things. Our waitress was having personal issue, we were tired, my DNephew was being horrible and in a boot, the kids only wanted the shrimp and couldn't peel it themselves. A veritable perfect storm.

This time, just my family. DS is now a much more adventurous eater. And if he wants shrimp, he can peel it himself.:thumbsup2

I didn't care for the food at Biergarten very much, so I don't think I'd be too quick to return there. I wouldn't have minded the sitting with others part had we been put with more sociable people. I did enjoy the entertainment though :goodvibes

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter