• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Which resort???????????

We are dependent on Disney transportation while we are there.

Also, I just crunched some numbers and the cost of adding an extra night, for a total of 6, to a CBR or POR reservation is $20 less than 5 nights at AKL. Aaaarrrggggh! Now what should I do??????

Well, I still say AKL but you should really just take a second to think of the resort you actually want to stay at, they are essentially similar in price... I say, pick the one you'll truly be happy at. Read some FAQ and resort threads about these, check out the resort photo forum, go onto the WDW website and read up on them....

To clarify...My husband and I are celebrating our 15th anniversary there (we honeymooned at CBR 15 years ago!). We will be there for 5 nights and have been quoted $1729.68 for POR or CBR and $1988.46 for AKL. This price includes a 5 day parkhopper and dining plan.

I would definitely go for AKL if the price difference is that low. :goodvibes AKL is really lovely and unique, and also very quiet and peaceful. It has the main pool and two hot tubs, and since the hot tubs are secluded they aren't over run with kids. If you don't want to go for AKL then my second choice would be going back to where you first honeymooned for your anniversary. You can always go over to POR for one of the those romantic carriage rides! :thumbsup2

We are dependent on Disney transportation while we are there.

Also, I just crunched some numbers and the cost of adding an extra night, for a total of 6, to a CBR or POR reservation is $20 less than 5 nights at AKL. Aaaarrrggggh! Now what should I do??????

I would still go for either AKL - it a good deal price wise and would give you a very lovely anniversary stay!

The bus system at AKL is excellent. The buses come frequently, and I haven't had anything over a 10 minute wait. The longest two rides are to MK and DTD (But then where is there a short bus ride to DTD! :laughing:) I would definitely go for AKL!

Good luck and congrats on your upcoming anniversary! :)

I have never stayed at AKL but would love to. POR is very romantic. We have a great picture of the four of us in the gazebo in Magnolia Bend near the river. It is one of the best pictures of our family.

We love CBR too. My kids get a kick out of the pool.

I;m sure though, whatever you pick will be a great time.nn:banana::banana:

My DH and I love CBR! :lovestruc We enjoy the spacious, quiet, relaxing, beautiful grounds, the friendly CM's, the lake, the food court, the excellent bus service, the central location, and the new pool is the best! :thumbsup2 We also enjoy laying on a hammock by the lake in the evening watching IllumiNations! :cloud9:

POR. The resort is very relaxing and has great food. The bus service is also very good as well. If possible definitly do AKL it is incredible. The food is exotic and delicious, the bus service is great, the savannah is amazing, and the theme is very well put together it is the best resort I have ever stayed at

AKL no question.

The resort is amazing, CBR, CSR, and POR don't come close.

Make sure you get a reservation at Jiko, it's agreat restaurant.

Okay...so we decided to go with AKL. I called my travel agent and she said that The Wilderness Lodge was available at the same price. Now I'm confused again! Which is better?

Okay...so we decided to go with AKL. I called my travel agent and she said that The Wilderness Lodge was available at the same price. Now I'm confused again! Which is better?

I am glad you picked AKL! You won't regret it. I would stick with it and not the Wilderness Lodge. Don't get me wrong it's a beautiful resort and we like it but it's no AKL.

I have not stayed at WL...it is more conveniently located, I believe...but the buses were not a problem when we stayed at AKL (many years ago)...

The WL is like going to a national park...well, I've been to Yosemite, my ILs live in a wood house in the Smokey mtns...

However, I don't usually get to wake up with a zebra outside my balcony...that is worth the extra money to me...the location of WL would not be worth it for me...but there are many who would disagree

I think that AKL is darker, quieter, and very relaxed compared to many other places...it was more romantic for us

Wilderness lodge is very similar to AKL, the same architect designed them both (I think) or if it wasn't the same architect, wow, could have fooled me. Both hotels are beautiful.

Wilderness Lodge does not have animals.

Wilderness Lodge is located right across (well on the other side of Bay Lake) from MK, and you can reach MK by boat, it is also near Fort Wilderness, which has lots of fun stuff to do there.

If I had to pick from a standard view at AKL or a standard view at WL, I would pick WL mainly for location. MK is our favorite park and we spend the most time there, AKL is somewhat remote.

Now I would choose a Savannah View at ALK over the WL.

Note: My wife wanted to stay at AKL. She cried when she saw the Disney video on the property. However, when I reminded her of her allergies, that convinced her another property would be a better choice.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter