• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Which resort???????????

cksmm5

Earning My Ears
Help! I am stuck between Coronado Springs, Carribbean Beach and Port Orleans Riverside. Which one should we pick and why? Also, is AKL worth an extra $268?

We've stayed at all the moderates and we LOVE CSR!!! :goodvibes The resort is wonderfully themed and beautiful, the pool and slide are lots of fun, bus service is for CSR only so it's fast, and it's in a great location, only a few minutes to all the parks. Some say that it's a huge resort and it is large, but we've stayed in the very back of the resort in the ranchos section and it's only about a 6 - 7 minute walk to the front of the resort. We love to walk around the resort at night - it's just beautiful!!!

AKL is a great resort and we enjoyed our stay (we paid $129 per night a few years back), but I wouldn't pay $268 a night for it.:sad2: We find that we spend so little time at the resort that it's just not worth it to us. We do go and have dinner at Boma or Jiko and spend some time looking around.

Have a great vacation wherever you choose!!! :)

Help! I am stuck between Coronado Springs, Carribbean Beach and Port Orleans Riverside. Which one should we pick and why? Also, is AKL worth an extra $268?

Well, I'm not sure if AKL is worth $268 because I've never stayed there! I would like to someday though.

I would rank your three choices: Caribbean, Riverside, then Coronado.

CBR is my favorite! The theme is great--it's so bright, fun, and tropical. The main pool was just renovated, and so were the rooms (they now have nemo and pirate themes). Plus, while it is a very large resort, it is the only one of your three choices to offer an internal shuttle-- so if your room is far away, and you don't feel like walking to breakfast, you can just hop the bus to take you there! Plus CBR has at least six quiet pools! It's a great resort.

POR would be my next choice of the three-- I do like this resort, but it's not a favorite. I like that it offers the boat to Dowtown Disney, plus the food court here is great! The theme is a little boring for me though, and it is a large resort but does not offer an internal shuttle like CBR does. Riverside is not a bad choice by any means, I would definitely return there, but it just wouldn't be my first pick.

CSR was a problem for us-- We found the Pepper Market food court to be very expensive (we were not on the dining plan) and inconvenient. From our experience, we found the workers to be very rude. And we just didn't care for the whole feel of the resort-- it seemed to be lacking that Disney magic that all of the other resorts we've stayed at have.

Good luck with wherever you choose, and have a great trip!!

Well, I'm not sure if AKL is worth $268 because I've never stayed there! I would like to someday though.

I would rank your three choices: Caribbean, Riverside, then Coronado.

CBR is my favorite! The theme is great--it's so bright, fun, and tropical. The main pool was just renovated, and so were the rooms (they now have nemo and pirate themes). Plus, while it is a very large resort, it is the only one of your three choices to offer an internal shuttle-- so if your room is far away, and you don't feel like walking to breakfast, you can just hop the bus to take you there! Plus CBR has at least six quiet pools! It's a great resort.

POR would be my next choice of the three-- I do like this resort, but it's not a favorite. I like that it offers the boat to Dowtown Disney, plus the food court here is great! The theme is a little boring for me though, and it is a large resort but does not offer an internal shuttle like CBR does. Riverside is not a bad choice by any means, I would definitely return there, but it just wouldn't be my first pick.

CSR was a problem for us-- We found the Pepper Market food court to be very expensive (we were not on the dining plan) and inconvenient. From our experience, we found the workers to be very rude. And we just didn't care for the whole feel of the resort-- it seemed to be lacking that Disney magic that all of the other resorts we've stayed at have.

Good luck with wherever you choose, and have a great trip!!

CBR is also the only one of the 3 where you can pay for and be guaranteed a room that is not so far out.

If AKL is only $268 more total, I would be very tempted to do that-although I have never stayed there.

Other than that, if we knew a little more about your situation (kids, ages, activities, etc.) it would be easier to give suggestions. :goodvibes

If it is only $268 more total for AKL--go for it! If not, CSR is our favorite Disney resort (AKL is the ONLY resort we would give up CSR for). Next on our list would be POR, CBR is last--we have no interest in it (we have no children that travel with us and the theme does not appeal to us at all).

I agree if it is $268 total for the week more than a mod then yes, AKL is so worth it! It is really a special place. None of the mods can compare IMHO.

From your choices we have stayed at all but the Caribbean Beach. AKL wins hands down. If I had to choose between the mods I would go with CBR in the new pirate themed rooms. They look really cool even though they are far away from the main building.

To clarify...My husband and I are celebrating our 15th anniversary there (we honeymooned at CBR 15 years ago!). We will be there for 5 nights and have been quoted $1729.68 for POR or CBR and $1988.46 for AKL. This price includes a 5 day parkhopper and dining plan.

To clarify...My husband and I are celebrating our 15th anniversary there (we honeymooned at CBR 15 years ago!). We will be there for 5 nights and have been quoted $1729.68 for POR or CBR and $1988.46 for AKL. This price includes a 5 day parkhopper and dining plan.

Then I would say go for AKL!!!!
Happy Anniversary!!:goodvibes

I would personally go with CSR over the mods. its has more features to it than any of the other resorts since it is a confrence center...
But I do think that AKL is worth the extra money for sure the rooms are absolutely breath-taking and mod. to deluxe is deffinately a big step I would go for this for sure :)

Then I would say go for AKL!!!!
Happy Anniversary!!:goodvibes

I agree! AKL all the way!!! I promised my DH that if we take an anniversary trip in the future we would stay at least part of the trip at AKL! If you can get it for only that much more for the entire stay live it up!

If you decide on the moderate resorts I would reccomend Riverside personally- very romantic atmosphere!

There is NO doubt in my mind that AK lodge is WELL worth that money.

DEF stay there if u can. GREAT resort!

First choice-AKL
Second, CSR or POR depending on which theme you like better. I stayed at CSR twice, and never had a problem with rude CM's. We liked the choices at the Pepper Market (we were on the dining plan so cost was not an issue). I like the grounds at CSR, and the renovated rooms look great.
I stayed at POR once, the rooms were nice and very clean. The theme just did not appeal to me that much.
CBR looks nice but I have never stayed there.
Good luck deciding and happy planning

For an anniversary, then definitely AKL. We celebrated our 25th anniversary at the Coronado, but we're paying two college tuitions and I couldn't justify the expense of a deluxe for a shorter time when I could do my moderate for a few extra days and still save money. But for that price, AKL all the way!

And, Happy Anniversary!

DH and I are staying at POR for our 15th anniversary. We decided to stay there since we are staying at WL in July. I am excited. We never went on a honeymoon so this is kinda our honeymoon (even though when we go on it we will be married 15 yrs and 6mos.)
CBR might be kinda romantic too since that is where you honeymooned. But if you can swing it, I would go ahead and stay at either AKL or WL. They are usually priced the same. They are super resorts.
I really don't think you can go wrong with any resort. I'm just happy to be going anywhere with DH. We have never been anywhere without the kids. Before we had kids we had no money. Now we spend all our money on them so we have no money for ourselves.:rotfl:
Guess I'm not much help.:confused3

Go for AKL. I would definitely do the extra $268 for the week. As far as transportation goes, are you driving or doing Disney transporation? The answer to your last question depends on your choice of transporation.

We are dependent on Disney transportation while we are there.

Also, I just crunched some numbers and the cost of adding an extra night, for a total of 6, to a CBR or POR reservation is $20 less than 5 nights at AKL. Aaaarrrggggh! Now what should I do??????

One concern we have is distance to the parks. How long will it take us?

Transport will roughly take around the same time between the mods and AKL. Yes, AKL is further away but it's only a couple minutes by bus so it doesn't matter too much. Staying at AKL and CBR, it'll take you a little longer to get to MK than it would at POR. But AK will be right next door at AKL, HS will be close to CBR, Epcot is closer to AKL and CBR, but not my much.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter