Which resort has awesome pools, slides, lazy river?

lilou

Earning My Ears
Hi all- this is our second trip to Disney and we're planning where to stay. Last time we stayed at Wyndham Bonnet Creek- on property but not a Disney property. We loved the lazy river and organized events at night. Is there any Disney property that has a lazy river, multiple pools, slides, etc...? I've checked out a couple resorts but they just looked 'eh,ok'. There may not be what I'm looking for and we'll head back to Bonnet, but if there is, I'd prefer to try a Disney property this time. We really like that when we're not planning a day at the park, we feel off-site and can chill the other days.

Advice??

Both moderate and deluxe resorts have slides, although some are pretty small. SAB has a lazy river, sandy bottom, and whirlpool-type area...lots of fun stuff. It can be hard to keep track of kids at SAB though, because it's pretty spread out.

We're staying at Coronado Springs in February. No lazy river, but a huge hot tub, giant pyramid with a waterfall that goes into the pool, and a decently long waterslide that passes under a spitting jaguar. It's a moderate. It also has a really cool playground next to the pool.

All of the moderate and deluxe resorts have slides, I think.

Beach Club/Yacht Club are the only Disney resorts that have a lazy river.

Not Disney, but on property, is the new Four Seasons. It apparently has its own water park.

Stormalong Bay at Yacht/Beach is the most extensive Disney pool I'm aware of outside of the water parks. It is really nice, especially if you have smaller kids as they have a huge sand bottom kids pool and lots and lots of lifeguards. My older kids like the slide (there is a small slide for little kids) and the pool & ping pong tables, and my younger one loves the daily pool parties. They also show a movie down on the beach at night, something they do at most Disney resorts at night which is fun. Beach club is right on the boardwalk and you can walk into Epcot easy and a little longer to Hollywood Studios, so a little less separation from the parks at night if that is important to you, but it can be fun to see the fireworks from your hotel and being able to walk back quick after a long day is great. Saratoga also has a couple of nice pools, two with slides and kiddie play areas, but no lazy rivers. It does feel like "coming home" to me versus some of the other resorts, very peaceful setting but you can walk over to Downtown Disney easy. Most of the rest of the resorts have the same types of pools, big with a slide and usually a quieter pool or two. Think they all have pool parties in the afternoon too, with games and prizes. If we want a serious water day we hit blizzard beach or typhoon lagoon in the AM before the crowds; by noon (or 10 in the summer) we have done all the rides we want and head out as the crowds head in. But that's only worth it with a water parks and more ticket. Good to hear Bonnet Creek was nice, been debating a stay there!

The Stormalong Bay lazy river is more like a lazy puddle. It barely goes anywhere.

But it is really deep, about 8' deep. And it has a swift current. And a really small loop instead of a long flowing river. I'd rather go to Typhoon Lagoon and use that lazy river instead.

All resorts have pool activities and movies. Mods and deluxes have slides, CSR, POR, CBR, OKW and SSR also have quiet pools. As PP have mentioned SAB is the only one with sort of a lazy river. We have yet to stay off-site and really have no desire to, but I know there are a couple off-site places that have more activities to do at the resort then does Disney.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter