Which resort did your 3 or 6 year old like the best?

BensWife

DIS Veteran
Just wondering. We have booked OKW, but we want to book something the kids would like better. Thanks!

I think I've posted this before in another thread, but my 2yo and 4yo absolutely LOVED Wilderness Lodge.

They were crazy about the bridge and spring in the lobby, and wanted to see the geyser every hour. And they are still talking about taking a boat to the Magic Kingdom. They thought that was super cool. They weren't nearly as impressed by the monorail. :confused3

Our first trip onsite was when our DSs were 7 & 9. We stayed at CBR and our boys loved it!! We just had a regular room as there were no pirate or Nemo rooms then (2002), but they loved the pool (which has since been redone) and the food court was great with alot of variety. I think both kids (even the 3 y.o.) would love the pirate pool. After that trip, we tried a deluxe and haven't stayed anything but deluxe since and although the Poly is their favorite and they are alot older now, CBR is sort of a "favorite" of theirs as they always talk about that trip and how much fun they had at the pool, etc. I think most young kids would love any resort, but CBR was a big hit for us and if we stayed at a mod again, we wouldn't hesitate to book there. If you're looking for a deluxe, I think the Poly and WL are great choices for young kids as the pools are fun, but not overwhelmingly large that it's hard to keep an eye on them. The Poly pool has the beach behind it with a view of the castle in the distance and the WL has the geyser that goes off every hour. Good luck deciding, but I think your kids would love any resort you choose :goodvibes:.

In all honesty, I think kids that young will like anything. It's more about the parks to them. Especially if they don't know what they're missing at another resort. I'd pick something you like.

My kids really enjoyed All Star Movies. They loved the statues and the theme. We weren't there enough to care about the amenities. If I could, I'd head to AoA this upcoming February trip, but we're trying POR since we've got 5.

Our DD is 22 now but growing up she lived WL for the boat ride to MK, the pool, and we would rent bikes and ride around FW. Also we would stay here in the winter so she loved the rocking chairs in front of the huge fireplace. She also loved ASMo, she felt it was more disney with all the huge icons, loved the choices at food court, and lots of children at pool to play with. As she got older she loves BC since it has "the best pool slide ever". Let me add that there was never one she didn't like but these were her favorites. Oh and I forgot Cont, she also loved watching the monorail go thru, the pool, and just so much to do there.

We stayed at OKW for the first time in October and LOVED it! Our kids are older (11 and 9) but the things they liked, younger kids would like also. DD loved the pool and DS loved the sandy area near the pool. We all enjoyed the two meals we had at Olivia's. While it's not in-your-face-Disney, you definitely know you are in Florida. We didn't do it, but you can take the boat to DTD, and I'm sure the kids would enjoy that.

That said, we also stayed at the WL the year before and we really loved that also. The kids loved the lobby and the boat ride to MK. We had a bunk bed room and that was a big hit, although I definitely slept better in our 1 bedroom at OKW.

my 6year old LOVED LOVED LOVED Wilderness Lodge...he loved it MORE than the parks actually!!! he was obsessed with the geyser, loved the bridge in the lobby and the Disney Totem Pole, and the pool and pool games and hot tubs. He loved the boat to Magic Kingdom, watching the fireworks from our balcony in our pajamas, watching the water parade on the beach at night. I am actually a bit worried about our next trip since we have to downgrade to a moderate. I think we'll have to take the boat over to visit from magic Kingdom and eat at Roaring Forks again!

We went with my parents to the Wilderness Lodge and had two rooms next to each other. We had looked at Villas but they were pricey. We ended up loving having our own space to have a break from each other. The bunkbeds were fun too! We were lucky enough to have a 30% off public discount when we went. We just kept saying over and over how happy we were to have chosen Wilderness Lodge. The adults and kids both loved everything about it!

Good luck deciding!!!

DD6 and DS3 loved All-Star Sports! The theming was awesome. They enjoyed it so much that they started calling it out Disney home! I am afraid the will be disappointed when make our first DVC stays at BLT and AKL Jambo.

My sons favorite was AKL saying wake up giraffes every morning and pulling open the drapes. He also loved all the monorail resorts because the monorail drove by our room. I liked the Poly the best due to the zero entry pool and monorail access. Pick what is easiest for you. Not having to unpack the stroller mad me aone happy mama. My vote is for any monorail resort.

Just wondering. We have booked OKW, but we want to book something the kids would like better. Thanks!

When DD was 4, DH and I took her on a trip to WDW. We stayed in the Polynesian Resort, and she LOVED it. There was so much to do! The pool was great, there is a luau on select nights, a character breakfast with Lilo and Stitch, and of course...the world famous monorail! The only con is that the rooms were a bit outdated and the furniture was old and scratched up. DD didn't care, though! One thing I'd like to warn you about--this resort can be pricey for the quality of rooms. Overall, this is DD's favorite resort and I found time to enjoy myself too! :)

DS(5) loves hotels, in general.

Most recently, we stayed in AoA in a Cars suite and he was in heaven. He absolutely loved sleeping in the murphy bed, and he was so thrilled with the theming and all the little details.

We have also stayed at Coronado Springs, OKW and CBR with him, as far as on-site properties. He didn't seem to have much of a preference with those.

my 6year old LOVED LOVED LOVED Wilderness Lodge...he loved it MORE than the parks actually!!! he was obsessed with the geyser, loved the bridge in the lobby and the Disney Totem Pole, and the pool and pool games and hot tubs. He loved the boat to Magic Kingdom, watching the fireworks from our balcony in our pajamas, watching the water parade on the beach at night. I am actually a bit worried about our next trip since we have to downgrade to a moderate. I think we'll have to take the boat over to visit from magic Kingdom and eat at Roaring Forks again!

We went with my parents to the Wilderness Lodge and had two rooms next to each other. We had looked at Villas but they were pricey. We ended up loving having our own space to have a break from each other. The bunkbeds were fun too! We were lucky enough to have a 30% off public discount when we went. We just kept saying over and over how happy we were to have chosen Wilderness Lodge. The adults and kids both loved everything about it!

Good luck deciding!!!

Your report made me feel good that we decided to go to the Wilderness Lodge with our grandchildren, age 3 and 5. I even sent a copy of what you said to our daughter. :) We are in separate rooms, too.

CR is our kids favorite plus mine. I feel like a kid everytime I (kids too) see the monorail come through the hotel. The kids also love going to sleep and feel the monorail gently shake our room as it travels through.

DD loved the POFQ. If you ask her favorite part? Walking to get drinks at the food court with daddy.

This may sound funny but when I had 3 & 6 year old kids (any age for that matter) the loved whatever resort we were visiting. Now that they're older they talk about how much they liked Wilderness Lodge but their fondest memories are of Pop Century, that's where they want to take their kids. The only one they didn't care for was Saratoga Springs :confused3

I've stayed at BWI twice now with my girls (2 and 5, then again at 3 and 6). They loved it both times, and the boardwalk was an excellent way to wind them down after a long day. My eldest DD has a favourite performer on the BW too, and asked him to sign her autograph book! We'd walk around at night waiting for him to set up, and watch his show two or three times per evening. I know this isn't usually classed as a 'kid friendly' resort but really, how many kids get to WDW and complain about the curtains?

We're staying at WL this December because my husband is joining us and he is TERRIFIED of clowns (the pool at BW is freaky), and I've heard that is an excellent resort for little ones (as tons of people have already pointed out).

My kids love wherever we are staying. We have only stayed at Pop on Disney property, but really.. any hotel we ever stay at is fun for them. It's the trip, the excitement, that gets them loving it. I don't think they would ever say that they don't like a certain resort.

They are only 7 and almost 4 though. So still young.

As long as it's not home, it's fun! :) LOL

I'm in the "whatever resort they were at" camp. :thumbsup2

My kids have been 3 times thus far, there ages/resorts as follows:
1st trip: 3 and 5 - POP
2nd trip: 4 and 6 - CBR
3rd trip: 5 and 8 - WL

So far, WL has been their favorite, but they have been happy everywhere...I guarantee that once we stay at YC in April (they will be 6 and 8), that will be their new favorite. :thumbsup2

As my DD8 says "It's all Disney, it's all good". Wise little girl.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter