Which resort did your 3 or 6 year old like the best?

Our first trip, my son was 6. He absolutely loved Pop Century. He's big into retro stuff (video games, movies, etc.) and always has been, so it was fascinating to him. We have stayed at AKL and he was bummed that it wasn't Pop, but he got over it once we arrived. He's 12 now, and after a couple of trips off-site, he's just excited to get back on-site.

My kids got spoiled and we were upgraded to the Poly from POR last year. They loved it. This year we are going to POR for the Royal Rooms and then a 2 night stay at BWI ( I have always wanted to stay here) I would go for the WL but I am not a campy type person and the theming to me isn't appealing. But, now reading how many kids enjoy it I am second guessing my BWI ressie :confused3

My boys are now 7 and 9 and we've stayed at several resorts (see below). They have consistently loved whatever resort we happen to be at. Last year we started the first few days at ASMo and they were sad to leave (we did split stay with CBR). But once they laid eyes on the pirate pool, CBR became their "favorite". We are still in the early planning stages for this summer, but it's looking like AKL may be in the cards. With your kids so young, I think that any WDW will be magical. Have fun!

My 5, 7, and 10 year olds LOVED and still LOVE the Poly. They love the pool and watching the fireworks on the beach with us while building in the sand. Relaxing for us and fun for them. The monorail is awesome for kids, and the boat ride over to the MK is just so relaxing. Watching the castle change colors is magical.

My DD likes POFQ because of the boat ride and pool but then she liked every other resort we've visited too, I don't think there's any resort kids wouldn't like so I wouldn't worry book the one that appeals to you, the kids will love it.

I don't think they cared all that much about the resorts, but they LOVED the dragon slide at POFQ when they were little.

My kids have loved every resort we have stayed in (see below), with the exception of Pop. We have no experience with WL or AKL because they only sleep 4 to a room. We are planning to stay at the WLV at some point though.

We stayed at OKW when my kids were little. I think the twins were three. They absolutely loved it (and they have upgraded the pool area since). We were in a 2 bedroom, so there was plenty of room to run around, the kids could nap in a separate room, we had groceries delivered (so I knew they were getting some healthy food that they liked) and there was a lovely balcony to enjoy some adult beverages while they napped or after they went to bed.

I think that you will probably love whatever resort you choose. When I try a new resort, I always think, it is Disney. No matter what it will be fine and if it isn'y my favorite, that is ok too. I'll just try somewhere else the next trip. :goodvibes

I'm not sure if you said how long you are staying, but if we are there for 7 nights or more, we like to do split stays. Double the fun! :banana:

We stayed at the grand Floridian when they were 3 and 6. They talk about it to this day....especially Cinderelly being in the lobby one time...and we were accosted by the step sisters three times during the week long stay. Plus they also remember the club level snacks, the cinnamon rolls to be precise. That hotel is magic

I would go with what interests th 6 year old more. We were there when my son was 3, and he was happy as long as there was a pool and buses to ride. As a bonus we could see some of the Epcot fireworks from our balcony, and he loved that, too.

We stayed at POP when our DD was 4 then 5 and she loved it. When she was 6 we got an upgrade to OKW and she also loved that resort. I think little kids will love any resort. Now that our DD is 11 she is a resort snob, we stayed at POR last year instead of a deluxe to save $s and she didn't like it. She is very excited to be staying at CR this year and is dying to stay at GF sometime.

When they were little they adored POP. It was their Disney *home*.
Now they are older (9 & 10) and they LOVE AKL.

My kids have really enjoyed every stay, but now they are 13 & 9 they love the Poly. So I'd say that would be their 1st choice. We are doing POR and YC in Feb. we visited POR last trip and they both like it and said they want to stay there so we'll see how they like it. Poly will spoil you can't beat the location it's gorgeous and I feel like I can relax there go to MK for a couple hrs then hit pool but $$$ .Your kids are so young they will enjoy any resort, you should go where YOU will be happy cause a happy mom makes a happy trip:goodvibes

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter