• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Which plan is better?

Ashley24

DIS Veteran
Right now I have a two night ressie at CSR at the end of December after our cruise. We haven't been to DW in a looooong time so I am wondering if it would be better to come back when our school has their spring break (first full week in April) instead.

Pro's to Dec:
less costly because won't have to pay for airfare again
less costly due to shorter time
Christmas decorations
Get to go sooner!

Cons to Dec:
Rushed!
Weather
Shorter time with crowds

PRos in April:
weather
longer time

Cons to April:
Have to pay for flights, longer hotel stay, and more tickets
?Crowded (IT won't be Easter week though)

What would you do? This vacation would be for me, dh, dds 13 and 9. We haven't been to DW since younger dd was 4 or 5.

If it's possible, make 2 trips out of it. After that many years away, you're going to want plenty of touring time.

When is your cruise? If it isn't surrounding Christmas, then I would definitely go in December. You will get so much more done than during the busy spring break time. Early December is my favorite time to go! In two days you can fully cover three parks. I do it all the time by doing one park a day for two days then adding a MVMCP to it one evening. You don't have to be rushed. And, you know, you can always come back again at spring break, but as long as you are there why not take advantage of the two days you have! :thumbsup2

I would easily choose December over April. As for the weather, my understanding is that weather is FL in December is great. Why would you be more rushed in December than April?

I would do December too if it isn't right near X-mas. I would avoid Spring break, espcially if it is anywhere near Easter (which is in Mar next year). That is the busiest time. Perhaps just pick a different time altogether to go. Like May.

I would do December also! Is there a way to add another day in December? Have you already bought your airfare? December is a better month to go than April. Perhaps go to WDW before your cruise to avoid the Xmas crowds?

Our cruise is Dec. 23-29. I am a teacher so I can only get down to Florida a day early or stay after the cruise for a few days before I go back to work. Option two is our spring break which is not Easter week. I would be rushed after the cruise because I would only have a few days for WDW vs. a week in April.

Can you buy the tickets for december and increase to the non-expiration option? It would save you on the costs of the tickets both times, then if you can go in April, you can stay off-site and get cheaper hotels, and your tickets would be paid for.

I would also pick Dec. We were there Dec. 06 and loved it. Small crowds and lines, holiday decorations and shows, beautiful weather....everything was perfect. Could not have had a better time!

Well, if my choice was 2 days in December vs 6 days in April, I'd pick 6 days in April. Whenever I go, however long I go, it's never enough! Seriously, it's never enough! So, I would go for the longer visit if your sure your able to get back.

If it was 6 days in December or 6 days in April, I would in doubt pick December!

Hope that helps!

Knowing that your only December options are a day before the cruise or a few days afterwards (during the Christmas madness), I would have to change my recommendation to April. Being a teacher means you're kind of stuck going at the busiest seasons, so better to enjoy a longer stay rather than only staying a day or two. Good luck!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter