Which park do I only need one day at?

jennifur25

Mouseketeer
We will be spending 7 days in the park, June 6th-12th. I'm planning on two days at Magic Kingdom, two days at Hollywood Studios, but I'm not sure which other park to spend two days at- Animal Kingdom or Epcot?

My children are 6 years old, if that helps, and not huge thrill riders.

We will be spending 7 days in the park, June 6th-12th. I'm planning on two days at Magic Kingdom, two days at Hollywood Studios, but I'm not sure which other park to spend two days at- Animal Kingdom or Epcot?

My children are 6 years old, if that helps, and not huge thrill riders.
I would spent those two days at AK to allow you to linger, which is the best way to take that park in because it's less ride-centric. With your boys being so young, EPCOT may be a little dry for them.

I'd recommend not making a final decision until you've experienced both. After doing EPCOT and AK once a piece, ask your kids which one they'd prefer to do a second time.

I say do EPCOT....The boys can color Duffy in each country allowing you time to look through the countries. Also there are rides, great dining options, and of course characters...

My son loves Epcot and is 11 BUT when he was 6 he also liked it a lot as well, which to be honest was a huge surprise to me..

Good luck!

I would say that Hollywood and Animal Kingdom would be the one day parks. It is all basically a personal preference. Epcot is huge and will take at least two days to take it all in...unless you don't like visiting the world showcase.

You'll get a million different opinions on this, none are wrong. For example, many on these boards don't think AK is a full day park - I personally disagree and think it's a 2 full day park (admittedly with some ride and attraction doubling).

I believe you can make 2 full days in any of the parks without problem.

Since you asked, given 7 park days and 2 6 year olds, I'd do 2 MK, 2 E, 2 AK, 1 HS

Another option - if you haven't already, consider picking up an additional park day for departure day and scheduling late flights home (if flying). The added park day will be really cheap for the whole family and it would allow you to visit your 1 day park for another half day at least.

Since you asked, given 7 park days and 2 6 year olds, I'd do 2 MK, 2 E, 2 AK, 1 HS
Agreed. If the two days at HS is negotiable, then make it your one day park and put two into all of the others. There is just so much to see at EPCOT and AK that it's hard to take it all in in one day.

I'd play it by ear once you get there and see what the enjoy best. But, I'd consider 3 MK days. And probably just 1 at HS than 2 at either AK or Epcot depending on which they prefer.

Are your kids more interested in art/movies, nature/animals, technology, or foreign stuff?

Not doing thrill rides, how long you spend at a park will depend mainly on how much time you spend on things that you'll want to repeat or spend a lot of time doing. Those would most likely be:

AK: Spending time at the Conservation Station/vet area, spending time on the two animal observation walking stations. If your kids are the type who can spend hours petting animals or starting at tigers and elephants, make this a 2 day park.

DHS: Doing the animation academy, watching the stunt shows, taking part in Jedi Training, doing the backlot tour--if your kids really like to draw, or are fascinated by stunts or movies, make this a 2 day park.

Epcot: Doing the interactive games in the Mission: Space and Spaceship Earth postshows and Innoventions, watching the sea life in the Nemo postshow, doing the Kidcot stations at World Showcase countries, doing the new Agent P secret missions. If your kids like technology and games, foreign languages, or Phineas & Ferb, make this a 3 day park (it should automatically be a 2 day park--Epcot is huge!)

If none of those applies, but your kids like swimming and waterparks, consider making both DHS and AK 1 day parks and spending a day at one of the waterparks--you are there in June, after all!

When I was 6 years old, given my love of tech and games, and how cool I would have thought the Agent P missions were, I'd have probably done 1.5 days MK, 3 days Epcot, 1.5 days DHS, 1 day AK.

I think both AK and HS are one day parks. However, with kids that young I would do what a PP suggested and visit each one once and then let your kids decide which they would like to return to.

My kids love Epcot and always have, even when they were 3 and 4. We usually take one day to do the front exhibits, and one day for the World Showcase/Kidcot stops.

I think both AK and HS are one day parks. However, with kids that young I would do what a PP suggested and visit each one once and then let your kids decide which they would like to return to.

:thumbsup2 This. With the possible exception of MK, which kids that age tend to LOVE no matter who they are.

My girls at this age would have picked 2 days at MK; 2 at Epcot; and one day split between AK and DS. Any leftover days, they would have loved Seaworld or just staying at the hotel pool.

Everyone is different, and only you will know what works for your family! I would suggest a visit to each park BEFORE you decide how many days at each. You may find you enjoy one more than another and which park you like more may surprise you.

For us, HS is usually a one day park unless we miss Fantasmic - then we make it a point to go back at night. (DD-6, DS-16 & not a thrill rider) AK can go either way depending on our trip, in the past it's always been a 1 day, but I think we may make it 2 this time. EP is always at least 2 days for us and MK we hop in and out of during the day/night depending upon where we're eating/playing. We always get hoppers so that we have maximum flexibility.

Enjoy it no matter what you do!

Another vote for 2 MK, 2 EP, 2 AK, 1 HS.

If they don't do thrill rides, there is just no way HS is a 2-day park, IMHO.

But really, I'd probably do 2 MK, 1 EP, 1 AK, 1 HS, and then leave the other two days open so they can decide where they want to go.

I'd say Epcot is a two-day park because it's really big. Some kids are a bit bored with its more "educational" aspects; many absolutely love it, even really little kids. When my family went on trips when I was a kid, EPCOT Center was always both my and my brother's favourite of the parks, and the first time we went, he was four and I was seven.

I haven't been to WDW since AK opened, though, so all I know about that is what I've heard other people say -- you can go for a half day and still hit all the "highlights" you'd want to if you use a good touring plan, or you can take a longer time, going slowly, and spend more time watching animals and experiencing details of the park you wouldn't have noticed otherwise. It depends what your kids' interests are, I guess.

EP is either 2 or 0; I can't see how it could be 1 since you will never see it all in one day. So you must decide if that particular park suits your family's needs/interests. If no, then 0. If yes, then 2.

HS and AK are both one-day parks.

I've always done AK as a 2 day park...if it were me, time permitting, I'd try for two days at every park accept for DHS. Don't get me wrong, I really enjoy that park but I've never even spent a full day there, let alone two. I also find that I'm never quite satisfied with a single day at Epcot. Either way, I'm sure you and the kids will have a blast!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter