Which is the most beautiful beach on St. Martin?

Tonya2

Earning My Ears
Which beach did you find, or have heard, to be the most beautiful(blue, blue water and white, white, sand) on the island of St. Martin? Thanks for all the opinions!

Orient Beach
**** warning - it's a clothing optional beach ****
But if you get dropped off in the "family" section of the beach, there will only be a few women topless and just a couple of totally neked people on the beach.

***** warning - It's NOT playboy - gravity happens and so does skin damage with to much sun ****
so the nudity isn't something to be concerned about. We had kids ages 8 to 15 with us and none of them have turned out to be perverts or sex fiends: The dad's on the other hand ... well maybe they were before hand:smooth:

We LOVED Dawn Beach. There were a few topless ladies wayyyyyy down at the far end (DH reported this after taking a walk:p ) but where we were, there were very few people, small rest/bar with rest rooms, chairs/umbrellas for rent. I don't remember exact prices, but it seems cab to the beach(2 adults 2 kids), chair rental(2 chairs 1 umbrella), cab ride back was apx $50.00
It was a great day, and we would do it again.

Could you rent snorkeling equipment at Dawn Beach?

we did the french riveria beach excursion...not sure what beach that is though..:confused: That is our favorite beach on any excursion! It's so beautful....have waves...great blue water...and nice and warm....ohh and the sand is like silk between your toes!!...:cloud9: :cloud9: Ok...I want to go now! :crazy:

This beach is also clothing optional....not just topless.
Disney has a specific area for there guest but did warn you could see some nudity. We did see an old man naked....:scared1: and a few women with no tops on....other then that....they were mostly in speedos...:o

We got a few laughs out of that day. The kids around us didn't seem to even notice.

Travis

Jimbo...yes, there is a place to rent snorkel stuff. It is NOT the best snorkeling place. From what I was able to learn about St. Martin, they don't have anything like St.Thomas/St. John for snorkeling. We brought our own snorkel stuff to Dawn Beach, but you had to go quite far out to get to the area where there was anything to see. The adults did snorkel, but it was too far for the kids.
The reason I recommended this beach was for the water and sand, the"beautiful beach" the OP asked about.

We loved Dawn Beach also. We didn't give ourselves enough time though. In our planning of the day we tried to do too many things and only told our driver we would be 90 min. Big mistake!!!!

We did snorkel. We brought our own, it is worth the hassel since
we use it on CC and even took the mask with us on a snorkel excursion at St. Thomas. The snorkeling was good but you do have to go pretty far out.

It started to get wavy later in the day so it was getting harder to snorkel. We didn't have vests so you have to make sure to not go out too far. The waves (not very big while we were there) were fun to play in.

There are a few ladies selling things, but not bothersome after you tell them no.

There is a fresh shower where they drop you off. But remember fresh water is kind of a luxury.

Lorie

Also, Great Bay beach at the dock looked beautiful. We had planned to go after shopping, but we were just too tired!! It just killed me to walk past the beach, especially since it was deserted!!! We went in June and the Magic was the only ship in that day.

We were amazed at how clear and blue the water was. Even the rocks along the docks were clean. So clean that dh even took a picture of it!!!

Lorie

Originally posted by O&WMOM
which end is considered the "family" end?:blush:

Thanks
I don't know, just ask your taxi driver to drop you off there. I may not be so much a "family" section, but there is a section (at the south end I think) where EVERYONE is buck neked:scared1:

We went to Greay Bay Beach. The beach was nice. I still prefer CC. We took the ferry from the docks ($5.00 per person for all day use) Rented 2 beach chairs and umbrella ($20.00) We stayed at the beach until 2:00, went back to the ship to change, then we went back into town for a few hours to do shopping. I thought the shopping was a waste of time. I wished we had stayted at the beach longer.

I'm doing the Disney Happy Dance.

:cool1: :cool1: :cool1: :cool1: :cool1:

Copied from Cruisecritic.com.

Beaches
Best Beach for a Half-Day Visit: Mullet Bay.

Best Beach for the Dedicated Beach Bum: Orient Beach, aka Baie Orientale, technically, is located in St. Martin but it's an easy taxi ride from Philipsburg. The beach has a section for nudists as well as more crowded areas for plain-ol' beach bums. You can rent water gear and beach lounges, and there are numerous bars and food shacks. Windsurfing is good here and you can rent equipment.

Best Beach for Active Types: Dawn Beach for snorkeling and body surfing.

Secluded Beach: Cupecoy Beach, which has caves and rock cliffs, has lots of private nooks and crannies and Dawn Beach for snorkeling.

Here are two other sites that might give you some information:

http://www.st-maarten.com/

www.everythingstmaarten.com

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter