Which is cooler?

Another option is to wear "manties" (men's microfiber fitted boxers)under your skirt/dress. They are cool, comfortable and much lighter weight than bike shorts. And they usually don't have too much bulgy fabric in the front.:thumbsup2

I'm glad you suggested this! I was going to but didn't have a good word for them. Manties. Love it. :)

I agree with the other posters. There are a couple of problems with skirts:

1) Getting on and off rides. You don't want to worry about flashing people! Some rides, you have to really take a big step over the side of the car. It just doesn't seem worth it to me.

2) Chaffing. I wore a cute denim skirt in California a few years back. After a couple of hours, I was searching for a drugstore so I could buy some stick deodorant for my inner thighs. How painful! It wasn't even that hot, and I don't have large thighs -- but they did get sweaty, and thus, the chaffing. Never again. It's skorts for me!

I've read that some women wear bike shorts under skirts and dresses to prevent chaffing -- but what's the point of wearing a skirt if you have to put a hot layer underneath?

Last June I wore a skirt (to my knees) and a tanktini bathing suit every day. I had no problems with the rides. I would suggest trying it for a day and see how you like it.

I have done sundresses at disneyland (We have passes every year) and never had problems. I spent a great deal of time on the boards here before my last trip and everyone seemed to like the scooter ideas because they don't have the shorts butt look but they don't have your things rubbing together as much either. I bought a few from target out of the workout gear section and loved having them with me. I did use the glide sticks, but for my feet on my sandal straps so I didn't get blisters. I find disneyworld in the summer is no joke and comfy sandals are the best thing EVER!

I like a loose, flowy skirt or dress with a cotton slip and exercise shorts. I wouldn't wear the exercise shorts without something over them, but find the whole outfit very cool and comfy.

I think it really depends on the fabric. I just got back and the weather was unseasonably hot and humid for May. I was most comfortable and coolest either in yoga shorts and tank or in sundresses that were made of a soft, thin & breathable fabric.

I know American Eagle often has some really cute and practical sundresses. Given rides like space mountain where the ride restraint is between your knees, I think it is important that your sundress is of a decent length (kneelength) and that some black boy-shorts are worn!

Overall fabric is key though!

Costco has great skorts for 10 bucks! I am not a skort wearer...but they are made to be worn like a tennis skirt. Luckily they are not very short, think more of a golf skirt. They are super comfortable. Warning they run big. I normally wear a 10 & purchased a medium & they are not at all tight!

This is a bit TMI...

But my sister sells adult romance items. And there is this sheet spray called silky sheets. I am not sure if I am allowed to post a link to it, if anyone is interested PM me and I will send you the link. Here is the TMI adult content part..just a warning..but you spray it on your bed sheets before you *clears throat* you know what I mean...and after you umm..*clears throat again*

ANYWAYS, there is a purpose for spraying it on your sheets but I cant think of a nice way to put it and i dont want to get kicked off of here or offend anyone. I can give more details (or better details) in PM.

BUT if you spray it under your bo*bs it will help keep your bo*bs from getting sweaty. If you spray it on your legs it will keep your legs from chaffing (and other body parts too), you can also spray it in your shoes to kill foot odor, and it helps keep your feet and socks dry. AND it smells REALLY good. Unlike ointment where you will end up smelling like a babys butt. :laughing: Its comes in different scents, I have the pear scent.

I really recommend this stuff! Especially for sweaty bo*bs..:) I always buy a can before Summer. lol

I'm thinking of wearing a skirt (not a skort) instead of shorts to the parks this summer. Do you think it will be cooler? Any cons to wearing skirts in the parks?

I like to wear skirts just make sure your skirts tucked under your legs if you go on any rides thats all :] I find them quite comfortable and cooler cause their nice and breezy. Plus they feel all pretty and stuff haha right now is a good time to go find nice light fabric skirts flowy skirts are much better for the parks.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter