Which is cooler?

Ellajoan

Mouseketeer
I'm thinking of wearing a skirt (not a skort) instead of shorts to the parks this summer. Do you think it will be cooler? Any cons to wearing skirts in the parks?

I think a skirt would be nice and cool. My mother and I bought some sun dresses the other day to wear at Disney.:goodvibes

We're locals and I always wear a sundress when we go to Disney. It's so much better and more comfortable with the heat!

I wore a long sundress in August with spaghetti straps thinking it would be fine, after walking around Downtown Disney for about 2 hours I got very hot. I think if it had been knee length it wouldn't have been so bad.

The only con I can think of is if you're going to watch the parade and you scored a great spot up front and you have to sit on the curb so you don't block the people behind you.

Other than that, a skirt is a great idea. I'm actually going to wear one this saturday when we take dd to MK for her birthday. It's been so hot the past few weeks. I remember this time last year, it was actually cooler (well, in Miami it was).

I would highly suggest body glide. You may fortunate enough not to have this issue, but my thighs would be very irritated by the end of the day. This is TMI or just good advice?:confused:

I would highly suggest body glide. You may fortunate enough not to have this issue, but my thighs would be very irritated by the end of the day. This is TMI or just good advice?:confused:

:rotfl2: That is the first thing that came to my mind too!

TMI, but good advice. We just got back last week from Disney. It was hot.
I wore a skirt one day and couldn't believe what had happened by the end of the day. My inner thighs (yes, I know, TMI) were so raw and red I was in agony. My 'thunder thighs' had been rubbing together all day. With the heat and sweat, the rash was unavoidable. For the next few days I used baby powder and stuck to wearing capris.

TMI, but good advice. We just got back last week from Disney. It was hot.
I wore a skirt one day and couldn't believe what had happened by the end of the day. My inner thighs (yes, I know, TMI) were so raw and red I was in agony. My 'thunder thighs' had been rubbing together all day. With the heat and sweat, the rash was unavoidable. For the next few days I used baby powder and stuck to wearing capris.

I wore a sundress in WDW a few years ago and this is exactly what happened to me. I would stick with shorts or capris.

I have the same problem with my big thighs (I know, TMI probably) but Monistat Brand makes an AWESOME anti-chaffing powder-gel that works wonders. It's about $6 a tube at Target, and a little goes a long way. It's in a blue tube over in the section with all the other Monistat products. Enjoy your trip!! :cool1:

Be careful getting in and out of rides and watch out for any windy days.

Other than that and taking the Body Glide/Anti chaffing meds advice, I think you'll probably be cooler and comfy.

I have the same problem with my big thighs (I know, TMI probably) but Monistat Brand makes an AWESOME anti-chaffing powder-gel that works wonders. It's about $6 a tube at Target, and a little goes a long way. It's in a blue tube over in the section with all the other Monistat products. Enjoy your trip!! :cool1:

If you do get this rawness good old diaper rash ointment/cream will heal it usually by morning. I just started working out again and get an awful rash from a pair shorts, it is uncomfortable!

OP here, NEVER even thought about possible chafing--great suggestion about the body glide. Love the tips you get on the DIS!

I have worn a skirt( knee length and floaty) to WDW, but only in the evenings, for dinner and walking around at Epcot. I personally would not wear a skirt into the parks, getting in and out of rides, possibility of getting wet or soaked on a ride or the Florida random afternoon showers. I love my skorts I have worn them into the parks no problem. I do use the body glide daily while in the parks.

I would not wear a skirt for the chaffing and I would not wear a tank top or spaghetti dress because for some reason when my armpits are exposed my deoderant doesn't work as well. i think the cotton of t-shirt absorbs some of the moisture keeping away that not so fresh smell.

Another option is to wear "manties" (men's microfiber fitted boxers)under your skirt/dress. They are cool, comfortable and much lighter weight than bike shorts. And they usually don't have too much bulgy fabric in the front.:thumbsup2

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter