Which DVCs have extra bath in 1 bedroom?

itutorfortravel

I tutor high school math to pay for my travel addi
If we decide to do DVC we will likely book a studio for most trips...however, I can see our wanting to book a larger unit maybe every other year in the summer in order to allow our DD to bring a friend. One absolute must (on my husband's list) would be to have a separate bath for the girls. I understand that some one bedroom units have an extra bath so I'm curious which resorts those are at?

My initial thinking is to buy at VWL because mist of our trips have been and will likely be around Christmas and I love the theming they have for the holidays. However, would I be wiser to buy at a resort with the one bedroom units with the extra bath and try to book VWL for the holidays 7 months out? I guess what I'm trying to determine is what will likely be harder to get at 7 months out...a unit for Christmas at the VWL or a 1 bedroom unit for the summer at a resort with the extra bath?

Thanks!

One bedrooms with two bathrooms are available at BLT, VGF, and AKV Kidani. For summer, I know that most of the time you will likely be able to book Kidani at 7 mos. However, VWL at Christmas is pretty tough at 7 months. We have never tried for BLT since we are AKV and VWL people but I would assume a standard view would be difficult.

If we decide to do DVC we will likely book a studio for most trips...however, I can see our wanting to book a larger unit maybe every other year in the summer in order to allow our DD to bring a friend. One absolute must (on my husband's list) would be to have a separate bath for the girls. I understand that some one bedroom units have an extra bath so I'm curious which resorts those are at?

My initial thinking is to buy at VWL because mist of our trips have been and will likely be around Christmas and I love the theming they have for the holidays. However, would I be wiser to buy at a resort with the one bedroom units with the extra bath and try to book VWL for the holidays 7 months out? I guess what I'm trying to determine is what will likely be harder to get at 7 months out...a unit for Christmas at the VWL or a 1 bedroom unit for the summer at a resort with the extra bath?

Thanks!

BLT, AKV Kidani, VGC.

One bedrooms with two bathrooms are available at BLT, VGF, and AKV Kidani. For summer, I know that most of the time you will likely be able to book Kidani at 7 mos. However, VWL at Christmas is pretty tough at 7 months. We have never tried for BLT since we are AKV and VWL people but I would assume a standard view would be difficult.

VGF only has 1 bathroom in a 1 bedroom.

https://dvc.disney.go.com/members/destinations/vacation-club-resorts/grand-floridian-rooms

Note that the 1BRs at AKV Kidani and BLT, which both have the extra bathroom, are larger rooms (about 100 sq ft larger) than the other WDW resorts except for OKW and VGF. Moreover, be aware that your plan to stay in studios most of the time and do 1BRs once in a while can go awry once you stay in a 1BR. As many have mentioned, once you stay in a 1BR, you won't want to go back to a studio.

If you want something other than OKW, SSR or AKV standard or savanna view at Christmas holiday time, you should own at the particular resort to get the 11 month booking window because at 7 months there can be serious difficulties. If fact, that is true for much of the time between end of Sep and the Monday after Marathon weekend in January, DVC's highest demand quarter of the year by far (the rest of the year, including all the holidays during the rest of the year, are like off-season in comparison; also VWL is usaully open until shortly before Thanksgiving and then it gets blocked out during that high demand quarter from there). It is usually easy to get AKV savanna or standard view, BLT lake view and usually BLT theme park view during the summer at 7 months out; likewise BWV pool/garden view, anything at VWL, and often the same for BCV. Be aware, however, that there are certain categories of rooms that can be difficult to get 7 months out many times throughout the year: AKV club level and value, BWV standard and boardwalk view, and BLT standard view and if you want to regularly get one of those you should own at the particular resort so you get the 11 month reservation window.

Be aware, however, that there are certain categories of rooms that can be difficult to get 7 months out many times throughout the year: AKV club level and value, BWV standard and boardwalk view, and BLT standard view and if you want to regularly get one of those you should own at the particular resort so you get the 11 month reservation window.

This is all good advice and true in most instances. I just want to mention that 1 bedrooms are usually the last to book up. My DD has been able to get BWV standard 1 bedrooms during F&W at 7 months the last 2 years in a row.

The VGF is a one bathroom design consisting of two connecting rooms and it is the same basic design for the two-room master baths used in BWV, BCV, VWL, SSR, and OKW, all of which are considered one bathroom and all of which are accessible from either the living room or the bedroom. BLT and Kidani have a large single room master bath with vanity, tub, shower, and toilet (with the toilet given its own little room within the bathroom) accessible only from the bedroom, and a separate bathroom close to the front entrance with a full bath with shower, vanity and toilet, and those are the only ones considered to be two bathrooms.

The VGF is a one bathroom design consisting of two connecting rooms and it is the same basic design for the two-room master baths used in BWV, BCV, VWL, SSR, and OKW, all of which are considered one bathroom and all of which are accessible from either the living room or the bedroom. BLT and Kidani have a large single room master bath with vanity, tub, shower, and toilet (with the toilet given its own little room within the bathroom) accessible only from the bedroom, and a separate bathroom close to the front entrance with a full bath with shower, vanity and toilet, and those are the only ones considered to be two bathrooms.

It may be considered as 1 bathroom at VGF but doors separate the 2 areas and for some having 2 areas, one with a tub and vanity and another with a vanity and shower may be important.

:earsboy: Bill

Agree and. like VGF, a door separates the two areas in BWV, BCV, VWL, SSR, and OKW. The AKV Jambo 1BR is the one at WDW that has a single bathroom in which everything is one room and there is only one door to the room.

VGF 1 bedroom has a bathroom with a vanity, shower, and toilet and another separate bathroom with a vanity and tub.

Which is pretty much identical to all the other DVC resort one bedrooms. Separate jetted tub and vanity from vanity, toilet and shower.

Which is pretty much identical to all the other DVC resort one bedrooms. Separate jetted tub and vanity from vanity, toilet and shower.

FYI, the jetted tub is actually a bubble tub and it will do a couple of automatic purge cycles, blowing water out of the air holes after you drain it. Some have reported that it caught them off guard and they called for help. :goodvibes

It may be considered as 1 bathroom at VGF but doors separate the 2 areas and for some having 2 areas, one with a tub and vanity and another with a vanity and shower may be important.

It's a 1 bathroom and a throw back to the design of most of the 2042 resorts but with current fixture designs. In practical use it is no different than the bathroom in the 1BR at VWL (or BWV, BCV and part of OKW).

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter