Which dvc studio would you choose for a mother/daughter(9yrs) 2 week vacation?

Is there a reason you are not considering the Poly? The split bath strikes me as very convenient.

I would probably not choose BLT, because it is so small, and the space is not particularly well-configured even given that.

It's actually become my favorite configuration. Well, although I do like the PVB shower.

I wouldn't mind it being larger of course but once they moved the bathroom sink into the bathroom I've really liked it. Perfect for 2!

(never mind, it's awful. No one should book them.)

It's actually become my favorite configuration. Well, although I do like the PVB shower.

I wouldn't mind it being larger of course but once they moved the bathroom sink into the bathroom I've really liked it. Perfect for 2!

BLT studio is my fave studio layout too! Just wish it were a tad larger. But I love the galley kitchen area that divides the front door and sleeping space. But, wait, they are way way too small and noisy...so, folks, don't book there!!!! :thumbsup2

Split stay BLT/ BCV Being able to walk to MK is the best. After fireworks you are back "home" while others are still waiting to get on a bus/boat/monorail. BCV has a super pool if swimming is important.

Yes BLT studios are small, but for two, they are fine. Again, I'd rather not deal with transportation if at all possible. As far as the studios only having paper plates in the room. That's what you're eating off of from every CS. I'd start looking at threads for simple meals to cook in a studio. Microwave mac and cheese, that sort of thing. Not saying you are going to eat every meal in the room, but we always eat breakfast in the room for most of our trips. We also bring a couple of microwave meals like beef stew. Just in case the weather is awful awful and we don't feel like getting drown just going out to eat dinner.

For Thanksgiving time and renting, you probably can forget about GFV. Very few GFV owners rent out their points and there is a lot of competition for the studios at 11 months out. They are often booked up exactly at 11 months out in the morning when booking begins. BLT standard is also going to very difficult; you might be able to get Lake view. Maybe BCV and BWV as well. AKV - not value villas - might be easier to get.

I'd consider OKW for the two real beds - one for you and one for your daughter. You can take the boat to Disney Springs.

Thanks everyone for your input! I am open to doing a split stay if necessary, I just really don't want to have to change resorts more than once if possible.

A split stay is so fun and lets you really explore while cutting down significantly on transportation. Disney makes it so easy. Your options may be a tad limited so keep an open mind and don't get too attached to a single option. A savannah view at AKL for example isn't that much more (if at all more?) than a standard view at VGF. See what you can get and pick two that are in different resort areas. It sounds like you're going to have an amazing time, no matter what you pick!

I agree with the split stay. I think finding someone that you can rent two weeks from at the same place is going to be difficult. In fact you are going during one of the busiest times for DVC bookings and in all honestly what will be available to rent will probably make the decision for you.

Polynesian - besides being a beautiful resort it also has some of the best transportation options. I've said this before but one night at the MK the monorail was down or closed and the small boat to VGF/Polynesian was packed with people waiting. Easy. The ferry to the TTC - which is practically on Polynesian property - was a walk on.

Plus, easy access to Epcot.

For a nine year old I would choose one of the studios with the murphy bed. I bet she would love it and it makes for quick clean up. Also, I would definitely choose one of the MK resorts. Just not for easy access to the park but for the ability to hang out at all the other resorts and Fort Wilderness. So many options.

Actually, 2 weeks in a studio isn't really a gigantic amount of points. I frequently see people listing points on the rental board here that could cover that. In general it's equal to 1 week in a 1BR or less than a week in a 2BR and there are definitely people who have bought for those lengths of stays.

VGF, BLT, VWL and BWV
I can't speak towards VGF, never stayed there before.
BLT, if you want to spend a lot of time at MK would be my choice. You can walk to the gate within 10 mins. The amenities are great when combining The Contemporary. Also, lots of choices of eats via the monorail as well as the boat to Wilderness Lodge and Fort Wilderness. So these things alone put BLT at the top for me.
We own at VWL and BWV. Here are my arguments for them. VWL, theming, atmosphere, relaxing, peaceful. Its the smallest villas on property(in amount of rooms)therefore, its a little more intimate.
BWV, proximity to 2 parks, both a walk or boat ride away. Lots of eats around this area without having to go into a park.
One thing to consider, maybe breaking up the 2 week trip into 2 resort stays, if choosing 2 helps.

And here I thought I was the only one who prefers that configuration!!!!
I'm staying in a Polynesian studio in early Dec...with a friend. After being with her for a week in a stateroom, I was looking forward to being by myself at SSR, but when she got the Polynesian for 3 nights, I caved...really want to try those studios out!! The two bathrooms was the tipping point for me!!! I will amend my original thought....I would go with a week at the Polynesian and a week at either BCV or BWV.

Given your dates, I would also be flexible. Depending on how you are renting, flexibility will be key. VGF in December can be difficult, and don't budget for the cheap Value or standard rooms at BWV, AKV or BLT.

I agree with the split stay. If you've never done it before, it's super easy. The day you are set to change resorts, you pack up your bags and take them to bell services and ask them to transport them to your new resort. Then go out and play for the day. When you are ready to check into your new resort, you just head there and check in. Stop at bell services at the new resort and ask them to get your bags for you. They will either bring them out to you or deliver them to your room. You have to be in your room for them to deliver them though.

My recommendations for split stay would be BLT and BWV. BLT - great location to MK. The rooms will be perfectly fine for the two of you. I also like the shopping/dinning concourse at the Contemporary. I just like the atmosphere. BWV - Great location to EP and HS. I love the Boardwalk area, especially at night. It's all twinkly and lit up. I think you DD would enjoy it.

Have a great trip!!!

split your stay. Two weeks in one place would get boring. I would even consider splitting it 4/4/5. Have to stay in the EPCOT area and the MK area to get the total experience.

Is there a reason you are not considering the Poly? The split bath strikes me as very convenient.

I would probably not choose BLT, because it is so small, and the space is not particularly well-configured even given that.

I really like the Poly, but for some reason my DD really does not! Lol, I have no idea why she is determined not to stay there! I think it may just come down to the availability at that time, but I am thinking we will do a split stay.

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter