Which double stroller is best?

*mama2aislinn*

Earning My Ears
I will be going in June 2006 with my family to WDW! YAY! :cool1: I'm so exited! I will be taking my Aislinn who will have just turned two and my boyfriend's little sister who will be four and a half then. Which kind of double stroller will work best, a side by side stroller or a front to back stroller? I know many of you have had double strollers there. I'm just thinking about getting on the monorail, getting into doorways without taking other peoples's space, KWIM? Thanks so much!

::MinnieMo

Bianca

Hi there, I am going to WDW in late Oct 2205 and I just got the Combi lightweight side by side. It is AWESOME!! It weighs 21 pounds no joke! My Graco double is 40 lbs so this is a snap to carry. It folds in half and there is a strap to carry it like golf clubs! it has sun shades, baskets for your stuff and trays for the kids. Go to onestepahead dot com and you will see it!! It is almost $300 but trust me it is worth it. I have like 5 strollers and this is the best!! Good luck, Vanessa

Our stroller is a Graco DuoGlider. The seats are one in front of the other. I absolutely could not live without it. It maneuvers easily, easy to get through doorways. I have twins and this stroller gives me freedom to take my babies places by myself. It is a matter of personal preference. I recommend "test driving" strollers in the store. See how well it fits through aisles and different spaces.
Good luck! ~*~Kim~*~

My kids are now 4 and 2, and since my youngest was born, I've owned 5 double strollers (always in search of the perfect one). My favorite is the Maclaren Twin Traveller, but now that they are a little, its honestly is "more stroller" than we really need. For WDW, I'd recommend a lightweight side-by-side w/a compact fold. Lots of manufacturers make them: Combi, Peg Perego, Maclaren, Inglesina, and Jeep to name a few. I prefer them over the front-back kind b/c they are significantly lighter when carrying them on busses and I find them much easier to steer. The only benefit to the front/back is that you can fit them in any monorail car. With a side-by-side, you have to go to the handicap car. We've never had an issue getting in the handicap car, but technically, if there was a wheelchair-bound guest, they would get priority and you'd have to fold it up. Good Luck!!

Leslie

I have a Peg Perego Twin Aria, and I love it. My children weigh 35 and 25 pounds, but it's really easy to steer with them in it. It folds up very small (wide, but thin), and it's comfortable for them. I wouldn't recommend a tandem stroller (front and back). They're so heavy and don't fold small at all. If you're only going to use the stroller for this trip, I'd probably go to consignment sales and get whatever side by side you can get. The Jeep and Kolcraft versions are the cheapest, and they fold really small, but they are harder to steer.

We have to have a tandem (front to back) because my middle DS is very territorial--he will not share space when not in the mood. Our oldest DS can handle himself when DS#2 is in a mood, but the baby needs to be protected.

I just got the babystyle catalog today, and they had a great looking, compact Maclaren twin that holds up to 55 pounds. I love my Maclaren, and if I needed a twin (which I will in the Spring), I am looking at those first.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter