Which dining changes do you wish they would reverse?

Discussion in 'Disney Restaurants' started by aristocatz, Jan 4, 2013.

1. si-am

si-am DIS Veteran

Get rid of the princesses at Akershus, even for at least one meal.

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. emilyindisney

emilyindisney DIS Veteran

I agree with everyone else who said they wish the DDP would include tip again. I'm working on budgeting our meal tips out now and its such a pain. I would rather have the price of DDP be higher, and not have to worry about paying out of pocket while I'm there!

4. PrincessMe

PrincessMe Mouseketeer

My dream plan is three meals a day with entree and beverage. You also get an appetizer OR dessert OR adult beverage with meals other than breakfast. If you choose to forgo dessert, drink, or appetizer, you get an extra snack credit for later. Plan will still have the standard 1-2 snacks a day.

5. aristocatz

aristocatz DIS Veteran

Aww, the Empress Lilly!:lovestruc I went there as a kid-wasn't it a character meal?

Loved the Handwiches too!! I think I read that they now have them in Carsland in Disneyland.

6. Lyn-CA

Lyn-CA DIS Veteran

Bring back beavertails and ring cakes from Kringla. These were so popular and yummy, makes you wonder why they were discontinued.

7. anelson81993

anelson81993 Mouseketeer

I'd like to see back...

Oreo Bon Bons, salt water taffy, and real Salad Bar (as in, make your own salad with topping and dressing choices) at Cape May Cafe

Fresh caramel corn in a bucket at Sleepy Hollow in the Magic Kingdom

Unique resort mugs that change every year

DDP with gratuity and appetizer (never actually had this; didn't start using DDP till long after it was gone, but it sounds awesome!)

Spaghetti and meatballs at POR's Riverside Mill (I love the make-your-own-pasta-bowl, but I used to love their spaghetti and meatballs there even more, and the make-your-own just isn't the same)

Characters at LTT

8. Cadyrose

Cadyrose Mouseketeer

I have to second this. My hubby does serving on the side near a major sports arena. He had a party of 30 guests that he shared with another server and neither server had any additional tables sat. Their bill was over $400 dollars but the party was from Canada and tip $40. So that was $40 split and then in his restaurant he has to tip put bartenders, bussers and hostesses. He walked away with $15. It certainly wasn't that it was bad service as the party complemented both servers to the manager. They just tip differently and the party thought they were leaving a good tip. D

So I could definitely see how with so many international tourists, the waiters' tips could get affected.

I liked that the tip was included as well because you didn't have to budget extra.

We also miss the hot dogs at Casey's and dare I say after all the starbucks branding controversy....I miss the McDs fries in the Parks. I loved that you could get one of those huge things and split it...definitely felt like smack credits went longer that way. And they were always so fresh...best tasting McD fries anywhere.

9. tinkgurl

tinkgurl DIS Veteran

I miss the Concourse Steakhouse at the Contemporary! It was where the Contempo Cafe is now. It was probably our favorite place to eat. :sad1:

10. DEA

DEA DIS Veteran

Bring back the reserved seating deal for the Finding Nemo Musical at Tusker House. Not dining, per se, but I really liked that option and could do without the characters at lunch.

11. Jenntx

Jenntx Mouseketeer

Love the idea of having TS Breakfast @ BOG for people with ressies!

12. monarchsfan16

monarchsfan16 <font color=green>Holy smokes, the DIS is a big pl

Get rid of the dining plan.

Go back to making ADRs closer to the actual trip.

Diversify the menus again.

No more holiday pricing for buffets/character meals.

13. LisaBi

LisaBi DIS Veteran

THIS!!! And at the carts in the parks too. DS only wants Sprite, but I don't him having the sugar. And I only drink caffeine free/sugar free. Light Lemonade and flavored water get old.

14. LisaBi

LisaBi DIS Veteran

I love the idea to give an option for forgoing dessert and getting a snack instead. I don't always want dessert right away.

But back to OPs original question...I want Figaro Fries back. Actually, I want dining overall back to the variety it was before the dining plan. It just seems like so many of the best and unique items are now gone or "neutralized."