Which dining changes do you wish they would reverse?

Get rid of the princesses at Akershus, even for at least one meal.

I agree with everyone else who said they wish the DDP would include tip again. I'm working on budgeting our meal tips out now and its such a pain. I would rather have the price of DDP be higher, and not have to worry about paying out of pocket while I'm there!

lemondog said:
I wish they would come up with a dining plan somewhere in between regular and deluxe. With the regular we still end up having to pay for food out of pocket and the deluxe is simply far too much food! Surely there is a nice balance somewhere in there.

My dream plan is three meals a day with entree and beverage. You also get an appetizer OR dessert OR adult beverage with meals other than breakfast. If you choose to forgo dessert, drink, or appetizer, you get an extra snack credit for later. Plan will still have the standard 1-2 snacks a day.

Character dinner at LTT
Bonfamille's
The Empress Lilly
One credit for Le Cellier
The regular DDP including an app and gratuity
Handwiches
Soup in a bread bowl at CHH

Aww, the Empress Lilly!:lovestruc I went there as a kid-wasn't it a character meal?

Loved the Handwiches too!! I think I read that they now have them in Carsland in Disneyland.

Bring back beavertails and ring cakes from Kringla. These were so popular and yummy, makes you wonder why they were discontinued.

I'd like to see back...

Oreo Bon Bons, salt water taffy, and real Salad Bar (as in, make your own salad with topping and dressing choices) at Cape May Cafe

Fresh caramel corn in a bucket at Sleepy Hollow in the Magic Kingdom

Unique resort mugs that change every year

DDP with gratuity and appetizer (never actually had this; didn't start using DDP till long after it was gone, but it sounds awesome!)

Spaghetti and meatballs at POR's Riverside Mill (I love the make-your-own-pasta-bowl, but I used to love their spaghetti and meatballs there even more, and the make-your-own just isn't the same)

Characters at LTT

artemis908 said:
Completely agree and I feel like the waiters get totally screwed by not having the gratuity included. Now people are going to be cheap by giving 15% or less or not give a tip at all. What about the European visitors? In many countries it's not customary to give a tip and although there are plenty of Europeans who do their research when visiting another country (I am sure our European friends on Disboards do ;) Hence why they are here) there are plenty I am sure don't.

I have to second this. My hubby does serving on the side near a major sports arena. He had a party of 30 guests that he shared with another server and neither server had any additional tables sat. Their bill was over $400 dollars but the party was from Canada and tip $40. So that was $40 split and then in his restaurant he has to tip put bartenders, bussers and hostesses. He walked away with $15. It certainly wasn't that it was bad service as the party complemented both servers to the manager. They just tip differently and the party thought they were leaving a good tip. D

So I could definitely see how with so many international tourists, the waiters' tips could get affected.

I liked that the tip was included as well because you didn't have to budget extra.

We also miss the hot dogs at Casey's and dare I say after all the starbucks branding controversy....I miss the McDs fries in the Parks. I loved that you could get one of those huge things and split it...definitely felt like smack credits went longer that way. And they were always so fresh...best tasting McD fries anywhere.

I miss the Concourse Steakhouse at the Contemporary! It was where the Contempo Cafe is now. It was probably our favorite place to eat. :sad1:

Bring back the reserved seating deal for the Finding Nemo Musical at Tusker House. Not dining, per se, but I really liked that option and could do without the characters at lunch.

PA Disneymania said:
I agree with breakfast at Tony's. We did this many years ago when the kids were young, and it was good. I also agree about the buns for the burgers and hot dogs and I preferred the beef hot dogs at Casey's. That was one of my "stops" but not any longer.
As for a new breakfast idea, how about BOG table serve breakfast? Only those with ressies could enter the park before opening. Everyone is trying to get into this new restaurant so it would give more options.
Just an idea, but I agree that it would be nice to have options other than character meals for breakfast at MK.

Love the idea of having TS Breakfast @ BOG for people with ressies!

Get rid of the dining plan.

Go back to making ADRs closer to the actual trip.

Diversify the menus again.

No more holiday pricing for buffets/character meals.

disney314 said:
I would like to see diet sprite at all of the soda machines (or caffeine free diet coke....just some diet option without caffeine).

THIS!!! And at the carts in the parks too. DS only wants Sprite, but I don't him having the sugar. And I only drink caffeine free/sugar free. Light Lemonade and flavored water get old.

I love the idea to give an option for forgoing dessert and getting a snack instead. I don't always want dessert right away.

But back to OPs original question...I want Figaro Fries back. Actually, I want dining overall back to the variety it was before the dining plan. It just seems like so many of the best and unique items are now gone or "neutralized."

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter