Which deluxe resort is YOUR favorite??

Oh my! Ya'll are just full of such good info!!! It's really made me think about what we will be doing during those few days to help choose what resort would fit us best!! (Sorry if the title of my thread was misleading) We've talked about it and we won't be going to the parks too much (we're annual passholders and visit frequently anyways). I think we will spend a lot of the time hanging out around the resort and at the pool until the rest of our family arrives. The pool at BC sounds AMAZING! I haven't stayed there since 2004, you all really have be wanting to go!!! Thank you SOOO much for the great insights! It is SO appreciated!!

Charlotte and Nora say thank you everyone!!
10982368_945105628840963_1346286618154721507_n.jpg

Beach Club, Beach Club, Beach Club
We have stayed at most and always come back here. The pool and proximity to Epcot and HS can't be beat and we love the calm feel. That being said the rooms could use an update. We loved the Villas at Grand Floridian, the rooms were spectacular when we stayed there in September, but we really missed Stormalong Bay and being able to walk to Epcot in the evening and mull around, grab a snack, etc. I know others love the monorail, but for us we love being next to Epcot, seems like all transportation is just simpler, weird huh.

Oh my! Ya'll are just full of such good info!!! It's really made me think about what we will be doing during those few days to help choose what resort would fit us best!! (Sorry if the title of my thread was misleading) We've talked about it and we won't be going to the parks too much (we're annual passholders and visit frequently anyways). I think we will spend a lot of the time hanging out around the resort and at the pool until the rest of our family arrives. The pool at BC sounds AMAZING! I haven't stayed there since 2004, you all really have be wanting to go!!! Thank you SOOO much for the great insights! It is SO appreciated!!

Out of the deluxes, we have stayed at WL, AKL, BC, Poly, & GF. We have had great stays and love all of those resorts, but the Poly is our favorite (followed closely by the GF). With that said, if the Poly is out due to the possibility of the pool not being opened by your trip, I would go with the GF. The GF is a beautiful resort with 2 great pools, as well as the new Alice in Wonderland splash play area (which I'm sure your little ones would love). If you will be spending most of your time at the resort, I think the GF is a great alternative to the Poly. We enjoyed our BC stay and I'm glad we tried it, but I find the GF more relaxing with a better variety of dining options right there at the resort, not to mention the many options close by at the CR and Poly.

Polynesian - but with all the construction going of til who knows when, I dunno?

Wl is great if you want to plan to spend a lot of time at MK, otherwise, YBC if Epcot is a focus...Of course plan contrary to what you think you will be obliged to do when the rest of the family is there

We've stayed at AKL, Yacht Club, Wilderness Lodge and Beach Club. The Beach Club is hands down our favorite. The pool is like a water park-fantastic!! There are a ton of dining options very close by and the ability to walk to Epcot in 5 minutes and The Boardwalk in even less than that can't be beat. Beaches and Cream is adorable, Cape May Café has great buffets and then there are all of the restaurants at Yacht, Swan, Dolphin and The Boardwalk to choose from.

The one drawback we found at BC were food options. It seemed like there was institutional food and OMG what bank do I have to rob options (Cape May dinner for four LOL) We solved that by walking over to BW with it's many food options. Absolutely loved Big River Brewing Company.

My absolute favorite is Animal Kingdom Lodge. The theming is absolutely incredible. I've stayed there a few times now and I'd stay there every single trip if I could. It really is a like a vacation in itself. Just a stunning place all around.

AKL without a doubt. So far removed...it's so relaxing and quiet.

We are trying BC in August - so, we will see if AKL still holds 1st place!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter