Which deluxe resort is YOUR favorite??

ewhite15

Earning My Ears
We are going to Disney May 22-28 with a large group of our family and staying at AoA. But, my husband and I decided to head down a few days sooner with our two 1 year old infants. So my question is which deluxe resort would you choose to stay in (especially with smaller children)? My first choice was Poly, but I'm afraid the construction will hinder our experience, especially if the pool is still closed (that just would NOT work of us, but maybe it will be finished by then??) I've stayed at the Contemporary tons of times, so I would like to do something different from that as well. Any opinions??? (I know you got em'!)

I'm currently at the poly with our 6 yr old, almost 5 yr old, 2 yr old, and 6 month old. I still think the resort is beautiful. The rooms are wonderful with plenty of room. There is construction but it isn't anything that is hindering our experience. One of the pools is open right now and I'm not 100% sure when the others will be open. Good luck on your decision! I think anything you choose will probably be a good choice bc it's Disney ;)

We stayed at the Grand Floridian last year with our 20moth old and 4 year old. It was amazing!!! The monorail convenience was a total bonus but what our boys LOVED the splash pad, both pools, the boat, the water parade from the beach, the band and piano player (they danced in lobby and made friends). What we loved- the subtle theme- when they came back from the parks on a sensory high- the GF was very peaceful and we could really relax, not to mention mommy loved the turn down service!! Please check it out- it was perfect! So perfect- we are doing it again!!

I love the boardwalk inn. The rooms and decor and ambiance are all incredibly unique and transport you into a different place and time. You really don't have to compromise on anything when you stay there, and the boardwalk view rooms offer the best views in Disney. It's a place with so many little nooks and crannies to discover and that can continually capture your imagination. While other Disney resorts struggle because they need refurbishment or are under construction, are overpriced, have smaller rooms, or are too isolated the Boardwalk offers an ideal location with tons of amenities.

for us, it's
1. GF
2. BC
3. POLY
4. BW
But for you with the two little ones, our little ones, who now have little ones of their own loved the shallow sand bottom pool at BC.

I have never stayed at a Deluxe resort, but I have visited many. I imagine I would love the BC for SAB and the proximity to Epcot. :yay:

I really love the BC the pool and proximity to Epcot make it incredibly appealing. My second favorite would be the CR. Love the monorail running through and the proximity to MK. I liked both the GF and the AKL, but not as much as the other two.

Since you've stayed at the CR tons of time, maybe you should check out the BC or YC for a change. The main pool has a great sandy pool area for the one year old infants, and you'll be able to walk into Epcot and DHS with the stroller. It would be a really nice place to stay. And everything is under one roof, unlike Poly or GF, which has separate buildings.

The Grand Floridian is the best resort in WDW. It's gorgeous, the food is great, and your children will looooove the Mad Hatter water playground and 1900 Park Fare. It's also the only resort with turn-down service in every room (little chocolates on the pillows FTW ;) )

We are going to Disney May 22-28 with a large group of our family and staying at AoA. But, my husband and I decided to head down a few days sooner with our two 1 year old infants. So my question is which deluxe resort would you choose to stay in (especially with smaller children)? My first choice was Poly, but I'm afraid the construction will hinder our experience, especially if the pool is still closed (that just would NOT work of us, but maybe it will be finished by then??) I've stayed at the Contemporary tons of times, so I would like to do something different from that as well. Any opinions??? (I know you got em'!)

Wilderness Lodge! hands down. It is close to MK and it is the least expensive deluxe resort they offer. IMO even though it is the least expensive of the deluxe resorts it still offers everything the others do ( pools, TS, QS bars etc...) Most important is that it is very very quiet compared to the deluxe resorts on the monorail loop and along the Boardwalk because they all get a lot of traffic from other on property guests who are not staying at that resort ( dining, bar hopping exploring, shopping etc..)

That's like asking me to pick my favorite book! With little ones, though, I'd go Poly because of the transportation. Even if the pool is a month behind, wouldn't it still be done by mid May?

I've got to say that so many people love the BC/YC. Thought SAB was much ado about nothing. Lobbies didn,t have much of a "wow" factor. Other than proximity to Epcot, not much going for it.

I loove the polynesian. I tried the wilderness lodge and the grand because of construction.
I loved the atmosphere at the wilderness lodge but the room was small and dark. Then i hesitently tried the grand because of a good deal even though it seemed stuffy. That was it. I was HOOKED ON THE GRAND!
The grand will make you feel like you are on mainstreet usa and puts me in that "cinderella" magical mood.
Stay at the grand. Visit the lodge.

Wilderness Lodge! hands down. It is close to MK and it is the least expensive deluxe resort they offer. IMO even though it is the least expensive of the deluxe resorts it still offers everything the others do ( pools, TS, QS bars etc...) Most important is that it is very very quiet compared to the deluxe resorts on the monorail loop and along the Boardwalk because they all get a lot of traffic from other on property guests who are not staying at that resort ( dining, bar hopping exploring, shopping etc..)
This makes me very excited for my first stay at WL in November! I am a moderate girl.. I always stay at POFQ or POR. Never stayed in a deluxe. Just from the videos I have seen on youtube, the resort is stunning and I am sure it does no justice to actually being there. I am booked in a courtyard view. I requested a king bed in a non-HA room on the 3rd or 4th floor. I am so excited to actually spend some more time at the resort, I never usually get to do that.

That's like asking me to pick my favorite book! With little ones, though, I'd go Poly because of the transportation. Even if the pool is a month behind, wouldn't it still be done by mid May?

I've got to say that so many people love the BC/YC. Thought SAB was much ado about nothing. Lobbies didn,t have much of a "wow" factor. Other than proximity to Epcot, not much going for it.

I love the BC lobby. How do you like the new Poly lobby. I think that has as much "wow" factor as beach club.

As you can probably tell I love the BC. it's the reason we pulled the plug and purchased our DVC.

My favorites ( the number one and two spots switch back and forth. lol) from the one's I've stayed at
1. Beach club
2. Wilderness lodge
3. Animal kingdom
4. Boardwalk
5. Grand Floridian.

I haven't stayed at the Poly. I always wanted too but since the renovation I have no desire. it use to have a wow factor, now it's a bit "Hilton-y"

things going for the BC.
1. Beaches and cream
2. stromalong bay (although for 1 year olds not that important)
3. active night life. tons of stuff right a stroll away at the boardwalk.
4. walkable to two parks
5. dozens of eating options close by
6. movies on the beach

We've stayed at the GF, WL and CR. My ranking of them:
  1. CR (My favorite since 1971)
  2. WL (Our family favorite)
  3. GF (Not our cup of tea)
We're staying at Poly and YC next August.

Martin

I have to say that our favorite is Animal Kingdom Lodge, great views, great pool, great restaurant, great everything.

Of the deluxes we have stayed at
1) Wilderness Lodge - our absolute favorite
2) Yacht Club
3) Beach Club

We are staying at CR in two months so we'll see if anything changes after that!!

Want to stay at Poly next year after construction is done. :)

What a wonderful decision for you and your husband to make!
My favorite deluxe resort is the Boardwalk Inn. It is a beautiful and peaceful resort. You can have views of the gardens and even the Eifel Tower. If your twins have trouble falling asleep, popping them into a stroller and walking the grounds with them will help you all relax. There are little areas, nooks and crannies inside the resort at the end of hallways with couches that are just lovely. Walking to Epcot and DHS is very easy. Or if you are too tired coming back from DHS taking the Friendship Boat is a nice adventure for littles.
However, if spending time in the pool is important to you - and it sounds like it is - folks have already mentioned Beach Club and the sandy bottom area. The one thing they haven't mentioned is the separate pool with little slides just meant for little guys. Not sure if yours would go down the slide by themselves just yet but that little pool area is so quiet and perfect. The sandy bottom super shallow pool is great for them to splash and have fun. The Beach Club also has the Solarium which is another nice quiet spot where you can sit.
Enjoy!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter