• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Which deluxe resort is YOUR favorite??

We went to Disney when our twins were 1 year old! 3x, in fact. We stayed at CR, Poly, and BC for those 3 trips. Out of those 3, BC was by far our favorite because of the twins being 1 year old. Being next to MK wasn't a big deal at that age as they had no clue about parks, etc. So BC was beyond perfect for us because the twins could be right in the double stroller while we walked around the beautiful boardwalk and also walked right in to the World Showcase in Epcot! What great family time, but especially great DH and I time because those walks are very memorable for us -- we'd get some drinks in various Epcot countries and walk around seeing the sites while we talked.

Also - very important here - the pool at BC was perfect for that age. There is a large sandy section with shallow water where we hung out for hours each day. We sat in the sand with the babies in our laps and/or sat them in the sand with us, splashed in the water, etc. It was a great feeling knowing the bottom was all sand and we could safely walk and play around without so much concrete that is usually at pools.

Loved having so many great restaurants within walking distance too. Most nights, DH and I would have dinner at an Epcot country and most would let us bring the stroller right to our table. The twins slept while DH and I could enjoy a great meal. This wouldn't work in restaurants like LeCellier, of course, but it worked in the larger places.

One more great thing about that age in Disney. As our twins were just learning how to walk, we found the boardwalk area around Epcot the perfect place to let the twins walk around! It was quiet, especially in the afternoon, with beautiful flowers everywhere, water & ducks, some sand, just perfect.

Enjoy!

My choice would be the Beach Club. You are within walking distance to EC. You could also take a boat to HS. The pool there is nice as well. Considering you have been to CR and want to try something new I would go with an Epcot Resort.

This makes me very excited for my first stay at WL in November! I am a moderate girl.. I always stay at POFQ or POR. Never stayed in a deluxe. Just from the videos I have seen on youtube, the resort is stunning and I am sure it does no justice to actually being there. I am booked in a courtyard view. I requested a king bed in a non-HA room on the 3rd or 4th floor. I am so excited to actually spend some more time at the resort, I never usually get to do that.

Make sure you take a walk over to the Villas while you are there. Walt Disney loved trains and had them in his backyard, the kind that are big enough to ride on. In the lobby area of the Villas they have on display train cars that were in Walt's backyard.

The Boardwalk. I think it's beautiful. Love the pool area, great location for parks and dining plus the Belle Vue Lounge.

Favorite? Anything close to Epcot.

I would like to try the Polynesian one day too.

Poly is my overall favorite when you combine ambiance/theming, room size, and location.

For just ambiance/theming alone, it would be almost a virtual tie between Poly and AKL, with WL running very closely behind those two.

We like the Epcot area resorts for their location but find their ambiance/theming to be far less exciting than the above three resorts.

I find the theming of the GF to be somewhat more exciting than the Epcot resorts but it just seems too stuffy and overpriced (disclaimer: I've never stayed at the GF).

CR has a great location but the theming (or lack thereof) doesn't do anything for me (disclaimer: I've never stayed at the CR).

For resorts I've stayed at - its a tie between BC and BLT. For the beach club, I love everything about it - the rooms, the decor, the lobby, the location, walking path/boat to EPCOT/HS, quick walk to BW, restaurants, and of course SAB - the wonderful pool! For BLT I love the pool, the view from the rooms, and being connected to the monorail! Its awesome!

A deluxe I dream of staying at would be POLY most likely, or really any of the other monorail resorts, because being near the castle is just so enchanting in my eyes :earsgirl:

Be careful if you decide on Beach Club. Right now they are in the process of refurbishing the pool. They were working on a large stretch of it when we were there Jan 23-26th. If the pool is important I would make sure they are finished with it before you go. Also they are refurbishing the rooms so you should either ask for a refurbished room or a room that is not directly underneath where they are working especially with a little one. My friend was unlucky enough to get a room right under the construction and she said the noise was unbearable and had to have them move her. This would not be good if you were trying o put a little one down to nap

Our favorite used to be the Polynesian until the construction or should I say destruction, We recently stayed at the Grand Floridian and it was heavenly, The rooms were beautiful as were the grounds. The people were wonderful. With a little one you will probably be spending a lot of time at Magic Kingdom and GF is right on the monorail line, How easy it would be to pop back on the monorail and back to the resort at nap time. The resort is also peaceful which is wonderful for a child when their and your senses have been overloaded by a day at the parks

Last edited:
Which resort I would recommend would depend upon which theme park you plan to spend the most time in. If Epcot, then the BC. If MK then the GF. Either way enjoy the holiday!

When I read the title of your thread, "Which deluxe resort is YOUR favorite??", I came in here fully expecting to sing my usual praises for Wilderness Lodge.

But, I read your message about having two toddlers, and resigned myself that well, I was just going to have to recommend CR, for the convenience. To me, that convenience just overrides all of the incredible magic I associate with WL.

But, then I read that you were kinda full of CR.

In that case? I'd say that, if you don't want CR, then I'c consider one of the other monorail resorts. If you're concerned about Poly construction, that I guess that leaves GF. (I have nothing against GF at all. Just never stayed there, myself.)

For the MK area it has to be the GF, just beautiful and relaxing. For the Epcot area it's a toss up between BC and BW.Just love the atmosphere at these resorts, especially at night. Enjoy!!

My favorite resort has to be the Grand Floridian. I love how close it is to MK, the relaxing environment, all of the dining options, the live music in the evenings, and the incredible cast members who work there.

My first choice would be POLY pre-construction, so that is out. Second would be WL, then AKL. I have never liked GF, it's just sterile to me.

I have a couple favorites depending on the park I'm going to, if it's the Magic Kingdom I like the Poly if it's Epcot my fav is The Beach club.

The Boardwalk is my favorite. I love the location and the peaceful surroundings of the resort.

So last year we stayed at the Contemporary and LOVED it. We love having the access to the Monorail right there without too much walking to get to it. This year we are very very very excited to be able to stay in the Grand Floridian. I have always wanted to stay there but its super expensive! But with the price discount they did this year for the spring time we could actually afford the Grand Floridian and I think I literally was jumping up and down after I got off the phone with Disney to book that resort. My DS8 was even super excited. This will be his 4th time to Disney and he's never really gotten excited bc we've been so many times, but this time when I told him we were staying there his eyes lit up. I couldn't believe how excited he got over a hotel, lol. Anyways we haven't even went on our trip this year to the Grand Floridian and I am already thinking about where to stay next time. Originally we loved the Contemporary so much we didn't want to leave it and we wanted to stay there again this year before we knew we could afford the Grand Floridian. Anyways now I think it might be fun to stay some place new each time we go to Disney!. So heres my thought, the next time we go to Disney I think I would like to stay at either BC or YC. I think my kids would have a ball in that pool. It looks HUGE! I am excited to take a look around that resort when we visit Beaches & Cream this year. I also think being that close to Epcot is a bonus. My whole family LOVES Epcot. Although I think if we stay there we would need to get Park Hoppers that way we could go to 1 park during the day and grab some dinner at 1 of the countries in Epcot as night. I think I would also like to stay at AKL. Now I said I would never stay at AKL bc I thought it was too far away from everything, but I watched a video on it today and apparently if you stay CL you get an all access tour to see the animals up close and personal included in your stay. Its like your own little mini safari ride without visiting the theme park. I think thats pretty cool. I honestly think you really can't go wrong on any of the Deluxe Resorts. I think they are all wonderful with great theming. Although with your kids ages I would most likely stay at a monorail resort. More than likely you will be anchored in MK and Epcot and staying at a monorail resort is just easier when you have little ones with strollers and everything. Taking strollers on the disney buses is a real PIA, especially if you are going at a popular time and the bus is packed and cramped and folding the strollers up its just not any fun at all. You could drive your own car in place of taking a bus but then you still have to take a parking lot tram which grant it is not as bad as a bus but still a PIA. I would just stick with a monorail resort, it will be more relaxing for you, especially with 2 little ones!

Main pool shoukd be open by May, but as soon as that is open, there will be major construction on East pool. With 2 babies, I'd stay at GF. I'm guessing you'll be spending more time at MK.

Love the Boardwalk, I just can't seem to pull our family away from staying there. WL was our first resort and it holds a special place in my heart but the theming is a little too close to home so we really like the contrast of the Epcot resorts. BC is lovely, perfect for little ones. Last time we stayed there, my kids were old enough to want to go swimming on their own (in the deeper water) but not proficient enough for us not to be right by their side, to be honest I found it a little stressful. I'd love to go back now that they are older.

Check out the Dis Unplugged Podcast link. They are doing reviews of all of the deluxe resorts this week, complete with video coverage. They go over the positives and negatives for each resort. You can see which one fits you best!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter