• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Which Countries?

Lesverts

DIS Veteran
When Disney is finished with DHS and AK, their attention will likely shift to Epcot.

There haven't been new pavilions in 20+ years, so which countries would you like to see represented in the 5 available spots in the World Showcase?

Brazil would be my top choice. India, South Africa, Spain, Greece, Russia, and Thailand would really be the only other ones I would consider based on cultural balance. I don't think you want to add Sweden with Norway, or Austria with Germany.

This thread pops up from time to time :)
Australia, Pacific Island (Samoa, Fiji, Tonga maybe), not so much for us as they are a hop skip and jump from here but as a whole.
Any of India, Kenya, Greece, Russia, Thailand/Vietnam/Cambodia/Laos, Egypt

I would want countries with cultures unlike any other in WS.

1. Russia
2. India
3. Australia
4. United Arab Emirates
5. Jamaica/Curacao (or some other Caribbean Country)

I also like the idea of Greece Jfsag123

Maybe I'd like to see the goal for representation from all continents at least...so definitely Australia...maybe something more "southern in Africa" (I know Morocco is Africa, but perhaps like the previously mentioned Kenya) ...a South American country...? I guess Antarctica can be skipped. :o I always thought Egypt would be great material for some cool structures/art

Last edited:
Australia for sure
Russia for the amazing architecture
perhaps Thailand

Five spaces? I can only find 3-4?
Between Norway and Mexico (although it looks like they are building something there, Frozenish expansion?)
Outpost/traders area between China and Germany - huge area, good for Australia!
Between Italy and Germany
Between France and Morocco

There's a tiny sliver of space between Japan and Morocco - but could that fit a country?

Help, what am I missing?

I would love to see Russia, Australia, and Greece. South America needs representation too, and India would be awesome :)

Russia, New Zealand, Brazil, India, and a central African nation or South Africa. I don't know enough about African nations to pick one distinctive, diverse, and interesting.

Fun question!

Five spaces? I can only find 3-4?
Between Norway and Mexico (although it looks like they are building something there, Frozenish expansion?)
Outpost/traders area between China and Germany - huge area, good for Australia!
Between Italy and Germany
Between France and Morocco

There's a tiny sliver of space between Japan and Morocco - but could that fit a country?

Help, what am I missing?

I would love to see Russia, Australia, and Greece. South America needs representation too, and India would be awesome :)

According to the link below there are actually 8 spaces that were originally intended for pavilions but not used. Some are now occupied by other structures, but others are still open, in some cases partially occupied by minor structures (behind the scenes). In any event, it looks like five additional pavilions could be accommodated.

I'll vote for Brazil, Russia, Australia, India and Kenya to cover off on all permanently inhabited continents and sub-Saharan Africa, in addition to some interesting possibilities for food and architecture.

http://www.yesterland.com/worldshowcase.html

I'd first look around for a country that could afford to sponsor a WS pavilion and would be willing. That would probably lead to an oil-rich country somewhere that wants to promote tourism or improve its public image. Off hand, I don't know what countries would fall in that category.

I wouldn't expect Disney to foot the bill for a random new country.

I'd like to see equatorial Africa. Morocco is cool, but culturally the Maghreb is closer to the middle east (why I don't think Egypt would be good). SE Asia would be cool too and not really represented elsewhere. Plus Brazil as others have said.

Peru (Machu Picchu)
Greece (So much!)
India (So much!)
An African country, though I cannot decide which
Somewhere from the Middle East

I would love to see Australia in AK.

Since Brasil is 3rd in WDW attendance behind USA and UK,I think they "deserve" the next Country and it would be AMAZING to see it in July!!!!:)

I would love to see Australia or Brazil added.

Many years ago I remember walking around World Showcase and seeing two signs that said coming soon. One of the countries was Israel. Not sure what happened - maybe they were concerned about security issues. Does anyone else remember this or what the other country was?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter