Which beach do you vacation at?

We love, love Hilton Head Island!! Go every summer and have a blast and relax.

We also do weekends in Lewes, DE where the family beach house is and that is fun too.

We are fortunate enough to live on Cape Cod, so we'd choose here (has a top 10 rated beach - Coast Guard in Eastham). :)

I would guess it's fairly expensive, especially if you're looking at rentals. However, you could probably get a decent deal next season, since a lot of rentals went empty last year. I can't really comment on cost of other expenses, since it's our everyday and that's tough to compare.

I can say that we go on vacation to NH and we feel it's cheaper to go there, so I guess that means it's expensive here.

I'm planning our vacation to Eastham right now! :woohoo:

Love, Love Love the national seashore. We stay in Eastham, but also hit Marconi beach in Wellfleet and Herring Cove in Provincetown.

Cost wise depending upon your group size and how fancy you want your cottage to be I think it's definitely cheaper than WDW. It cost $4,500 for us (a family of 5) to go to WDW no including transportation. Our vacation to the national seashore will cost about half that or less for the cottage rental (if you have a small family there are cottages available for less than $1,000/week) depending upon how close we are to the water (never further than a mile but I'm trying for waterfront this year) and the weekly food bill will be about the same as it would at home with the exception of our weekly dinner out and an added trip out for ice-cream. We get a shore dinner (Lobster and steamers) at Arnold's one night which is about $30 per adult as opposed to the usual $15.

This is very definitely a laid back vacation - very little go, go, go, lots of nature and beaches. And once you've arrived about 1/4 of the traffic that you'll find in locations like Rehoboth in DE :scared:. Lots of time at the beach and maybe a trip to the mini-golf place oh and a trip to Nauset Light Beach one night for the beach fire put on by the park rangers. Very fun.

We live 20 minutes from a very nice beach area-Tybee Island near Savannah. The beach is nice and not extremely crowded. You can see dolphins from the beach, my DH gets on his boogie board (with a life jacket and flippers) and gets right out there with them! We usually stay away during the really hot months, but spring and fall are great!

My mom, Aunts and I are looking into taking a trip and stay on Tybee Island. We went for a day last fall when we were in Savannah for the day. Do you have any good reccomendations for a good rental company? I have been looking online and the prices seem pretty decent for 2 bedroom rentals.

The Disney resort at Hilton Head is great! We also enjoy Myrtle Beach (it is a quick and easy trip for us)!:rotfl:

We've stayed 3 Fall Breaks at Majestic Sun, part of the Seascape Resort.

We were considering this too, so can you tell me more about it?

From pictures it looks huge, like it would take forever to walk anywhere?

Most importanly, is it in the area with lots of other high-rises nearby?

I spent the first 40 years of my life vacationing at Rehoboth Beach but after my parents sold their beach house we were priced out of staying there (and bought into DVC instead!). I have lived in Boston for 25 years but sorry to say, the water is too darned cold for me to swim in, even in August. I fell in love with the beaches in Sarasota, Florida a few years ago and can highly recommend them. I was not as thrilled with Clearwater Beach. I'll be staying at the DVC resort in Hilton Head in a few months and looking forward to checking out a new beach.

We are beach people (me, soon to be DH + 6 kids), we spend most if not all of our vacation time at the beach, we normally rent a house and if we can we get one with a pool. Thankfully all the kids are beach kids - we spend all our days (with the exception of one 1/2 day for jet ski's) at the beach - laying in the sun, reading, sand castles, skim boarding, etc.

Our favorites beaches to drive to our:
Outerbanks, northern end Duck or Corolla (we do at least 1 week at OBX every year and I have since I was little)
Fenwick Island, DE (my former inlaws have a house there & we spend alot of weekends there)
Anna Maria Island (a little slice of heaven!) - couples trip, almost every month (DH 2B had an office in Sarasota so I would fly down Thurs nite and we would spend the weekend at a great B&B)
Destin - we have spent several spring breaks here, great area and great beach
Day Trips - Island Beach State Park or Spring Lake (I am NOT a fan of the jersey shore but love Island Beach - it doesn't feel jerseyish to me)

Love the carribean, but with 8 of us, not necessarily budget.

Love, Love the beach!

Another vote for Topsail Island NC! The beach is so relaxing not crowded.We always go to the turtle hospital and love going down to Surf City Crab and going through the coolers for seafood! Our tradition for check in day is unload the car as fast as we can and head straight to the Crab Pot:love:!

I am thinking of doing a Mytle Beach vacation this summer with the kids instead of our usual NC mountains. There would be 2 adults and 5 kids- ages 8, 12, 13, and two 15 year olds. Anyone have a reasonably priced place where we could stay? Is there a lot for a family to do?

My family has visited Anna Maria Island since the 1960s. It hasn't changed much since that time. Its very laid back and un-touristy. If you go to the beach for the BEACH, then this is the place. There's not even a fast food restaurant on the island.

And if your'e looking for more to do, Sarasota is not too far away. They have a great cultural scene.

We go to a local beach, It is called Salisbury Beach in MA. We like it because when we go to the beach, we really go to the beach. We don't go for video games or shopping or anything like that. We go from the house to the water and back each day. There is a place to go food shopping close enough and restaurants around if you don't want to cook.

If your going to be there during 4th of july, check out maderia beach, fl. They have the BEST fireworks on the beach. It is amazing.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter