Where would a princess stay?

bertegirl

DIS Veteran
We have a 4 year old princess and this will be her 1st trip to Walt Disney World. Actually it will be the whole families 1st trip. We are trying to pick a hotel for May 2009. We are not really worried about the money factor. Just want to make sure our little one never forgets the trip!

We have a 4 year old princess and this will be her 1st trip to Walt Disney World. Actually it will be the whole families 1st trip. We are trying to pick a hotel for May 2009. We are not really worried about the money factor. Just want to make sure our little one never forgets the trip!

My vote is for the Grand Floridian!!

Our princess will be staying at the GF...in five days. :cool1: Although I have not stayed there yet, we have visited and eaten there on past trips and it seems so elegant. We will also be going to the My Disney Girl Tea Party at the GF, and its just a hop skip and a jump to the MK for her appointment at BBB and lunch at CRT so I thought it would be perfect.

Don't want to bust your bubble but I doubt a 4 year old will care where they are staying as long as they are at DW. Also don't think they will remember the hotel as much as the characters, rides, shows, etc.

In my opinion a 4 year old would choose a value resort over the GF 9 times out of ten. The larger than life statues are the appeal there. However, if I were to suggest a hotel, it would be the Beach Club. She will love the pool there and it's accessible to both DHS and EPCOT.

If you really aren't worried about money, then I would (without a doubt) go for Grand Floridian or Polynesian (Magic Kingdom view if possible). Your princess and your entire family will LOVE the short monorail ride to Magic Kingdom, it is truly the most magical way to arrive at the park. Also, being on the monorail connects you to some of the best character meals: Chef Mickey's at Contemporary, 1900 Park Fare at GF (princesses at dinner), and Cinderella's Royal Table in the castle!

And IMO, I think your daughter would love GF or Poly over any value. As a child (from my first trip when I was 3), I fell in love with these two hotels; we stayed at them every trip from 1995-2002. In fact, I cried every time my mom suggested staying elsewhere until I was 10 because I loved the monorail so much.

There is nothing more magical than arriving at your hotel via monorail and then walking to your room, where you step out onto a private balcony and see Cinderella Castle across the water. Besides their pure magic, these resorts have fabulous rooms, service, food, and amenities. I think I would choose Grand Floridian over Polynesian, because my sister always felt like a princess while walking around that hotel.

I hate to tell you this but she will not remember it at all. My Princess now twenty just told me she does not remember her first trip and she was eight.
my son 11 now said he only remembers our last trip this time last year. so all the memories I thought I was making :confused3 :headache: :sad2: :sad1: GONE.

Go for the Grand Floridian! I have stayed there with my family 3 times, and we loved it!
Enjoy!

I believe she will remember it, especially if you take video and pictures and watch them together every so often.

For my first visit, I was 9 years old, and I remember sooo much of that trip. I kept a diary each night, so that might have helped. I have a book on travel tips for children, and it says to let young children keep a video or audio diary of a special trip and make "entries" several times per day (a little tape recorder should do the trick). Also, it's a neat idea to share a disposable camera with children, so they can take their own pictures. You might even want to make it a joint project to build a scrapbook together when you get back home.

I took my DD when she was 2 years and 2 months. She will soon be 4 and a half, and she still talks about several things from our trip, most notably Piglet up in a tree from the Pooh playground and flying with Dumbo. (And we have never watched our video or looked at the pictures together. I think she would remember more if we had. We must do that soon!)

We are going again (this time for Christmas), and I chose the Animal Kingdom Lodge. Evie loves animals. When we visited last time, she named all of her favorite animals on the Savannah and got such a kick out of seeing them. She kept saying, "Giraffe, long neck" each time she saw one and let out a little squeal of delight.

We stayed at the Wilderness Lodge for her first trip, and she loved the bridge and the bubbling fountain in the lobby.

I agree that most 4 year olds would love the theming of the value hotels. I would put the WL and AKL on my list, too. And the Grand Floridian, Poly, or CR for the true spirit of Disney. If your daughter enjoys tea parties and dressing up like a princess, then the GF would be perfect!

Hope this helps!

A MK resort with a castle view for sure.:thumbsup2 Although...hmmm... Yacht and Beach Club pool is incredible!!! Ok...here is the plan...GF now, and go back in a year or two and stay at Yacht and Beach Club. ;)

If money is no object, then for the princess factor I'd choose GF.

For a four year old girl, she might really enjoy All Star Movies with the huge icons all over the property from her favorite Disney movies. (And the savings alone would almost guarantee her another trip to the most magical place on earth next year ;) )

We stayed at the GF and it was wonderful. It was so nice to watch Wishes from the boat dock and also so convenient for the 1900 Park Fare dinner (Cinderella was right in our hotel!!!) and the monorail was perfect. Our kids were 3 at the time and still talk about it nearly ever day 6 months later. Sure, it won't be the strongest memory decades from now, but special family time like this is always worth it. (and pictures certainly help!)

I would definitely do Poly with MK view. I think GF will not feel as fun for a 4 yo. The Poly is amazing without feeling stuffy. The Pool is more fun as well!

My little girl is almost 3, and I know if we were going to have an "all out" princess bash and money were no object, we would definitely book the GF. I'd also book the Princess Tea Party and the big package at BBB. Amelia would love it, but she's a very prissy little girl.

In fact, I plan on doing something like this when they are turning 5. I just wish Disney had more things geared towards little boys. They have so many fun things to do for little princesses.princess:

Grand Floridian. It's my favorite resort, and of course, I think of myself as a princess. ;)

We have a 5 year old princess and it will be her/our first trip in Jan 09 and we chose GF. Poly didn't interest us at all and CR wasn't available. I can't attest from staying there but I think GF just has the feel of a 'royal princess' hotel. Good luck with your decision!

I would choose where the ADULTS want to stay. You can put a 4 yr old in a tent in WDW and they wouldn't care. All they care about are the parks, characters and rides!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter