Where would a princess stay?

Where would a princess stay? My princess would stay where ever I put her. We've had 3 trips since 2003, never stayed onsite once, and my princess (and prince) were always happy wherever we stayed. Don't over think it. The first trip is special and I guarantee that when it's said and done, what she remembers the most won't be the hotel room. My kids were 7 & 9 on our first trip, and they barely remember the condo. I think they only remember it at all because of the pictures.

Well, a real princess would be in a suite in the GF, but a smaller princess would prefer Pop Century or AllStar simply for the appeal.

I would pick the GF. On my first trip to DW when I was 8, we stayed at GF granted that was 20 years ago and the Princess theme wasn't really around, but I LOVED it. 20 years later and I'm still trying to get back in that hotel, but we always tried to conserve our $$, but now with the DVC maybe we can get a stay out of it.

I do also agree that most kids love the All Stars and POP becouse of the oversized features, but for a real princess feel go with GF.

I'd choose the GF. It looks like a decorated gingerbread castle.

We just returned from Wilderness Lodge and LOVED it. That gets my vote. We stayed at Pop in Feb for our first trip and it was great too, but just being a quick boat ride over to MK is unbeatable IMO. DD5 loved the pool at WL, as well as the pool games and activities that went on each afternoon. I liked that it was a smaller delux resort and more manageable on my own with her.

We ate dinner at the GF and I found that resort to just be HUGE (as I did Pop). My opinion, and again, I've never stayed there, so this is just based on a dinner visit and some walking around checking things out....too big and geared more for adults. I would love to go stay there with just DH for an adults trip someday :)

My vote is for WL all the way.

Your 4 year old won't care where they stay. Spend the money on having a character meal with the Princesses. My four year old has stayed at many different hotels, and it is not the hotel that he remembers. It is all the stuff he got to do. You mentioned that money is an issue, find a resort with a pool your daughter will like, and then go from there. Plan the special events instead. Towel animals come at Values, Moderates, and Deluxe, that is what she will remember!

I completely disagree with people that say your princess wont remember the stay or value resorts would be better.

I took my two princesses age 4-5 for their first trip to Disney World and let me tell you the room Contemporary Resort Tower Magic Kingdom View made a world of difference.

1. It's a short walk to the MK.
2. It has it's own character meal inside.
3. Monorail !!
4. The views are spectacular. Especially at night. The Cinderella Castle changes colors and is easily viewed from your balcony. It's like having your own magical night light.
5. Fireworks from your room!!! The CR sits higher than the GF. You wont miss a pop. You have a spectacular view of the water and can see the water parade float by also(At a distance). It rained a few nights we were there but it didnt stop us from enjoying the fireworks.
6. Kids and there TV. Like I said it rained on a few days. Having a big flat panel LG playing Disney movies was a gem. It's also compatible to dvd, vtech gaming, and you have a computer in the room for the adults.
7. It was recently renovated, so the rooms are nice.

My girls still havent stop talking about Disney and were a year removed. They watch the 14 dvds I took during our stay almost every week.

My princesses loved:
** character meals, princess meals, bibity bobidi boutique in MK, early hours because it's not as crowded, and all the rides in the MK. We spent 3 days in the MK!!
** Make sure you get the front desk to give you the "first timers" pin to wear. The kids get alittle special attention in the parks.

This is a zoomed up view from our balcony...GREAT STAY FOR ALL AND IM A DD!

Picture073.jpg

i would suggest animal kingdom loge. maybe seeing the animals roaming outside the room she would remember the trip.

Actually and this is just my opinion, if you truly believe that your 4 year old will remember, then why would you pick a place based on our answers instead of where she wants to stay. :confused3

Show her pictures, watch the Disney planning video, go to Disneyworld.com and let her see their info on the resorts and let her pick her dream place, whether it is All Star or the Grand Floridian.

I haven't read all the responses yet but we stayed at the Polynesian when our middle DD was 4. We had a MK view. She loved it, everynight she could sit on the balcony and watch the fireworks and afterward watch the lights on the castle change colors. She truly thought she was looking at her future home. She is no longer in the Princess phase but still remembers watching the fireworks.

I would go with any monorail resort (Grand Fl, Poly, or Contemporary) and book the Magic Kingdom/castle view. This view does cost more but it is worth it. When we stayed at the Poly, we started out with a garden view and hated it. We couldn't upgrade for 3 nights because the resort was booked, when we finally moved - what a difference the view made.

Have fun planning your trip.

I haven't read all the responses yet but we stayed at the Polynesian when our middle DD was 4. We had a MK view. She loved it, everynight she could sit on the balcony and watch the fireworks and afterward watch the lights on the castle change colors. She truly thought she was looking at her future home. She is no longer in the Princess phase but still remembers watching the fireworks.

I would go with any monorail resort (Grand Fl, Poly, or Contemporary) and book the Magic Kingdom/castle view. This view does cost more but it is worth it. When we stayed at the Poly, we started out with a garden view and hated it. We couldn't upgrade for 3 nights because the resort was booked, when we finally moved - what a difference the view made.

Have fun planning your trip.

I agree. What little princess wouldn't love to fall asleep while watching the castle lights?? We love the Poly. My then 5 year old did love the look of the "gingerbread house". Although she just loved staying on a monorail resort.

Just a thought for all you that say the Grand Floridian isn't "kid friendly" let me share our experience there. Our daughter got picked to be the "parasol princess" one morning. It was really cool. The housekeeping staff there carries wicker baskets and parasols and they picked my DD to lead the housekeeping parade one morning. She got to keep the parasol on it with the date and "parasol princess" on it. To make it even more special when we got back to our room they had the parasol opened up on our bed with a magical moment certificate and a plush chesire cat. Now how about that? Also, my DD stayed there for the first time when she was 5 and LOVED it!!! She went on and on about how beautiful it was and to this day when she sees it on t.v. she goes crazy. So just thought I'd share my experience showing how kid friendly that resort is and if I could figure out how to upload my dern photos I would gladly share it with you all! :rotfl2:

I don't think you can go wrong with any WDW resort! But if money is no object, I'd DEFINITELY go with a Monorail Resort with a view of Cinderella Castle. How magical that will be for her!!!

Funny story...we stayed at the Poly one year. My son was 2 1/2 and YES, he still remembers staying there. We had a MK view, too. He LOVED seeing the Castle every night! Just magical...

Fast forward to now. He's going to be 7. Last year, we stayed at POP Century for 10 days...he chose the resort. When I was planning for this year, I told him I wanted to stay at AKL the next trip since he LOVES animals so much! I even told him we'd have a Savannah View so he can see the animals right from our balcony. HE GOT SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO UPSET!!!! He almost cried, because he wants to stay at POP Century again. :rotfl2: I hope he doesn't get too upset when we pull into the AKL parking lot.

Kids....:rotfl:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter