Where to Start?

Disney_Commando

Earning My Ears
Hi all!
I used to be a near constant fixture on these boards years ago, but getting a doctorate degree put the kabosh on Disney trips for a while. Now I'm back (under a new user name as I have no idea what it was before) and starting to plan a family trip. Here's the particulars I have at this point:
Who: 3 active 60 yo, 3 30-40 yo, and an almost 5 yo (all have at least one prior trip except the 5 yo, I've had the most at 11)
What: 5yo first trip ever

Not entirely sure where to start in planning a group like this, but starting big, I'm wondering when in March-May is a low attendance, reasonable (as can be) weather time to go?

I remember flower festival in that period and star wars days?? And suggestions of where on property to house this group? Doesn't have to be rock bottom cheapest, but the cheaper the better for a couple in the group. I've read a tiny bit about family suites?

Thanks!

I'll bite. I have 6 kids.

Family suites will sleep 6 in total. Family suites are located in All Star Music and Art of Animation hotels. The cheaper of the 2 will be Music. AoA is newer and has a fabulous pool. We have stayed in the suites at ASMu, and we enjoyed them.

The suites have a living room with several fold out beds, and a bedroom with a queen sized bed. 2 a TV in each room. The suites have 2 full bathrooms and a kitchenette, with a microwave and mini fridge.

You might also look into renting DVC points and getting a villa if you all want to stay together. It will be a more expensive option than a value resort, but you will have a full kitchen, so if you wanted to cook you could save on food.

I don't know when Easter is, but avoid that time it will be crowded and more expensive as a lot of people are out on spring break. It will probably be pretty warm in April and May, but a lot of times they run specials in May as it is a lower crowd time.

The flower and garden festival runs March-May. Star Wars weekend is, typically, in June.

I would look at renting points and staying DVC. With the different age groups, being on site would be nice to allow different levels of energy people to rest if they want or need during the day. We are going next year around the second week of may. It's a fairly low crowd time. I would be sure to plan for after all the Easter/Spring break crowds are gone. If DVC is not in the budget and you want to stay on site, two rooms at any resort would fit everyone if the bed configuration would work with your group. From there you could choose a room that fits the budget, from value to deluxe. The thing with the suits is that they fit 6 which means that you guys would need two or a suit and an extra room.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter