Where to Get Our Cards For AP Discounts?

It appears that the CMs at the ticket booths and at Guest Relations in the parks are more likely to give an AP card (SC_Pooh being the apparent exception!), and that APs upgraded online or over the phone don't seem to get the cards. The lack of consistency is unfortunate, though hardly surprising.

If you're in DS in the future and need GS for any reason, there are two there. One not far from WoD and one at DQ.
Yeah, I know. But the line was really long, so figured I would get it later.

So they are still giving out the "AP Discount Card" or was it your actual AP Card they gave you?Thanks.:)
I never got a 'real' AP card. Renewed my existing one. What I was given was a plastic gold/yellow card that had 'Annual Pass Discount' on it. Or something similar. It couldn't open a door or anything. Just to show a cm in order to get my discount.

I never got a 'real' AP card. Renewed my existing one. What I was given was a plastic gold/yellow card that had 'Annual Pass Discount' on it. Or something similar. It couldn't open a door or anything. Just to show a cm in order to get my discount.

They stopped giving out gold discount cards in august 2015 and it's only the single ap card now. Stop at a ticket window and tell them you lost your AP card and need a replacement. Have an ID with you.

They stopped giving out gold discount cards in august 2015 and it's only the single ap card now. Stop at a ticket window and tell them you lost your AP card and need a replacement. Have an ID with you.
That may be so, but I have a gold card, that I was given in Dec. I haven't had an AP card since early 2014.

Wonder why I got one when we upgraded in December at AK without even asking?

You got a good CM!

I realize all CM are not created equal but really, how hard is it to notify every CM working at ticketing that an actual AP (not discount card but AP) is to be given to anyone buying one?

I bet the higherups think they have notified people, but just like how many CMs we hear of who have no clue about bridging, you can't force a CM to hear or understand or retain the info.

That may be so, but I have a gold card, that I was given in Dec. I haven't had an AP card since early 2014.

Cool, so they are continuing to be given out, at least once, since August?

We got AP cards at MK guest relations in April 2015 after buying online. The CM wrote our name on them in sharpie. Didn't get any discount card. I didn't really want the cards since they were already on our magic bands, but she said we needed them. I think our receipt said to visit guest relations but of course I can't find it. Anyway, it was good we got the cards because needed for parking, discounts (although I usually used disney visa or dvc card), and they sure came in handy when I forgot our magic bands the last trip and we were staying offsite!

When I renewed my pass in October all I got was a RFID ticket. The CM at Guest Services told me that I needed it to get the discounts. The AP ticket I have is gold/yellow.

Last edited:
I upgraded to a AP in Nov. at HS and didn't receive any kind of card. I was able to get a discount on purchases by showing the AP listed on MDE on my phone.

I upgraded to a AP in Nov. at HS and didn't receive any kind of card. I was able to get a discount on purchases by showing the AP listed on MDE on my phone.

Same as us in Oct except we didn't know squat about discounts then. We'll make up for it this Oct!

Bill From PA

Disney owned places are probably better with electric validation, but there are some non- Disney owned AP discounts (including Sammy Duvall boat rentals) that probably still need to see a card.

It would be nice if scanning and paying with your MB auto AP discounted.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter