Where to Get Our Cards For AP Discounts?

PSUGuy

Bill From PA
I understand that in order to get whatever discounts come with a Platinum AP a card must be presented. We don't have ours, they didn't arrive with our MBs as claimed by an email I received from Disney when I questioned them. Apparently all we have to do is show up somewhere with our MBs and we'll get ours. We arrive at the Board Walk and plan on going straight to WS. What's the best place to get this done quickly?

Thanks,
Bill From PA

I understand that in order to get whatever discounts come with a Platinum AP a card must be presented. We don't have ours, they didn't arrive with our MBs as claimed by an email I received from Disney when I questioned them. Apparently all we have to do is show up somewhere with our MBs and we'll get ours. We arrive at the Board Walk and plan on going straight to WS. What's the best place to get this done quickly?

Thanks,
Bill From PA

You should have got it when you activated your AP (or bought in person). You can get it at the guest relations at the International Gateway (left booth).

Your AP and Driver's License is all you need.:)

I was assuming he did not get the AP card. I had to ask for it when I activated mine in December. If he has the AP card, then that's all he needs.

I was assuming he did not get the AP card. I had to ask for it when I activated mine in December. If he has the AP card, then that's all he needs.
I was thinking he was talking about the separate "AP Discount Card",but I think you are right.:)

Thanks for the info. We got our APs last Oct by upgrading 8 day hoppers so maybe that's why we didn't get cards at that time.

Bill From PA

We just went through this. We renewed our AP in December and got new AP Magicbands. I kept hearing about this AP discount card that we were supposed to get, since apparently the Magicband itself isn't enough, but there was nothing in the box that the Magicbands came in (except the AP sliders, which are pretty useless). I called WDW and was told that they used to send a card of some sort, but people weren't finding it in the box, so they stopped sending them. I was told to go to any Guest Relations to get the card. We dutifully did this our first morning, and what we got was an actual AP card, like in the old days, with an RFID chip and the whole works. It functions just like any other ticket media - opens resort room doors, gets you into the park, gets you through the FP turnstile, has to be shown (with ID) to get an APdiscount, etc. I'm not entirely sure why that information couldn't be coded onto the Magicband, because I still had to keep hauling out my AP card to get a discount. Maybe that will come someday. But that's the AP card experience we had.

I had an awful time at the World if Disney store in DS in Dec. I had about $200 worth of stuff....but I wasn't able to get the AP discount without the special card! Spoke to the manager...still no go. Good thing I had my dvc card!! Same discount.
The next day I went to Guest Services at MK to get it. Had to show my ID.
The funny thing is that last week, at the WoD store, a CM told me that a new system was coming that negated the need for special cards. It would be in your MB. We'll see.

I had an awful time at the World if Disney store in DS in Dec. I had about $200 worth of stuff....but I wasn't able to get the AP discount without the special card! Spoke to the manager...still no go. Good thing I had my dvc card!! Same discount.
The next day I went to Guest Services at MK to get it. Had to show my ID.
The funny thing is that last week, at the WoD store, a CM told me that a new system was coming that negated the need for special cards. It would be in your MB. We'll see.
If you're in DS in the future and need GS for any reason, there are two there. One not far from WoD and one at DQ.

It is always as confusing as heck when this subject comes up.
I never can tell if people are asking for the AP Discount card or the plastic AP ticket card.
Let's forget about the AP Discount card for a moment, they are totally and completely useless as the plastic AP ticket will accomplish everything it does
Now, are y'all saying that folks are no longer getting the plastic AP ticket? We upgraded DDs ticket to an AP in December and she got one

Last edited:
Have always used the cardboard AP ticket to get my AP discounts. never an issue for many years.

Simple answer:) You can pick up an AP card that you can use for the discount at any of the guest services in the parks and at DS.

You also need the AP card to show for the free parking.

I always take my AP card & DL into the parks with me because if I need to see Guest Relations about my stuff or something acts hinky the 1st they do is ask for ID. Might as well have it.

especially when longtime posters like bill say they didn't get a card, I figure that means they didn't get any card. I guess there's a contingent of misguided cms who see an existing magic band and do an upgrade "virtually", without giving the actual AP card. I guess they think the AP discount card will still come in the mail with the AP MBs. Of course I think we've established those cards aren't being sent, and that theory was contingent on the person ordering the MBs. And it does nothing to help on the current trip.

The only confusion I feel is wondering where the brains of the CMs are.

Last edited:
especially when longtime posters like bill say they didn't get a card, I figure that means they didn't get any card. I guess there's a contingent of misguided cms who see an existing magic and and do an upgrade "virtually", without giving he actual AP card. I guess they think the AP discount card will still come in the mail with the AP mbs. Of course I think we've established those cards aren't being sent, and that theory was contingent on the person ordering the mbs. And it does nothing to help on the current trip.

The only confusion I feel is wondering where the brains of the cms are.

Exactly. We renewed our AP online after a recent vacation, and we got new AP Magicbands in the mail but no card of any sort that we could show to get a discount, free parking, etc. So we had to go to Guest Relations the first day of our next trip to get the card, which, as I described previously, is an actual AP card that has an RFID chip and performs all the functions of a Magicband. The specific discount card, whatever that was, is apparently a thing of the past. And I was told by a CM on the phone that they stopped sending any sort of card with the Magicbands because people weren't finding them in the box and didn't know they even had one.

I upgraded my hopper ticket to an AP in December at the MK ticket booth and was also told I didn't need an AP card, everything was loaded on my magic band. Well, the ticket was loaded on my magic band (no problems getting into the parks everyday) but not the capability to get the AP discount. I am making it a priority to get a physical AP card when I go again in April so I don't miss out.

I upgraded my hopper ticket to an AP in December at the MK ticket booth and was also told I didn't need an AP card, everything was loaded on my magic band. Well, the ticket was loaded on my magic band (no problems getting into the parks everyday) but not the capability to get the AP discount. I am making it a priority to get a physical AP card when I go again in April so I don't miss out.
Wonder why I got one when we upgraded in December at AK without even asking?
I knew that I did need one.
When we did ours at Epcot a few months before that the CM was sure to suggest we always bring our AP and ID to the parks just in case there was a MB issue so I've always done that.
I realize all CM are not created equal but really, how hard is it to notify every CM working at ticketing that an actual AP (not discount card but AP) is to be given to anyone buying one?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter