• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Where to eat dinner on Sunday on the Fantasy?

Disney Legend said:
I assume that there will be no formal dinner. What's a good spot for 4? Thanks.

Why would you not just stick with your dining rotation? I love the first three nights on the ship and getting my first look at the three main dining room.

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards

For dinner on a Sunday you have three choices, four if your party is adults only.
Cabanas
Your assigned rotational dinning room
Room service
Adults only
Palo or Remy

wendyoconnor said:
For dinner on a Sunday you have three choices, four if your party is adults only.
Cabanas
Your assigned rotational dinning room
Room service
Adults only
Palo or Remy

Or your assigned MDR. :)

Sorry. I don't know why, but I didn't see the rotational dining listed when I first read your post. Maybe the FOUR me off.??

Disney Legend said:

Nicest place on formal night is royal court when everyone is all dressed up. We were there and it was lovely. Our rotation was ERAERAE.

By "formal" do you mean a fancy dress up meal? Or just an actual dining time?

You will be assigned to your dining rotation (which dining room/time/table) when you check in at the port. Dinner is served in the MDRs every night.

:cutie:

This link shows inforamtion on dining aboard DCL ships: DCL Dining - wdwinfo

If you have not looked at how dining works on DCL, it link could be helpful. I know when I decided to book my cruise for next year, I had to read through this and some of the other dining information to see how this works.

I was not clear. On Sunday, I thought that there was no dinner scheduled for that night since it was the first night. I could be wrong. If I was not, 2 adults and 2 kids. Where would be the best spot to do a sit down. I will look at what others have stated. Thanks.

Disney Legend said:
I was not clear. On Sunday, I thought that there was no dinner scheduled for that night since it was the first night. I could be wrong. If I was not, 2 adults and 2 kids. Where would be the best spot to do a sit down. I will look at what others have stated. Thanks.

Typically the first night on the fantasy is Saturday night. Dinners are served in the main dining rooms Saturday night through Friday night. I highly recommend eating in the main dining rooms the first four nights. Also make sure you make it to your second night in animators palate to see the animation show. We were blown away by it (this changes if your second night in AP is pirate night. Then the animation show is your third night in animators palate.)

Edited to add: if you have children, your only options for sitdown meals are in the main dining rooms where you follow the rotation outlined on your "key to the world" given to you at the port.

Typically the first night on the fantasy is Saturday night. Dinners are served in the main dining rooms Saturday night through Friday night. I highly recommend eating in the main dining rooms the first four nights. Also make sure you make it to your second night in animators palate to see the animation show. We were blown away by it (this changes if your second night in AP is pirate night. Then the animation show is your third night in animators palate.)

Edited to add: if you have children, your only options for sitdown meals are in the main dining rooms where you follow the rotation outlined on your "key to the world" given to you at the port.

Oh my, I, meant Saturday. Precruise nerves! sorry!

Disney Legend said:
Oh my, I, meant Saturday. Precruise nerves! sorry!

No need to apologize. I am very excited for you. The Fantasy is a beautiful ship. I love her.

Your cruise vacation is for all of your meals. Even the lunch when you board on the first day. You can even have 10 meals a day if you want. The assigned rotational dining is where you will have your main servers but certainly it your choice to eat there or not. When people say the main dining room or MDR that does not mean that you eat in the same dining room each night. The way disney does it is like this: You have an assigned time, early (about 6:15-6:30) or you have late (8:15-8:30). When you get to your room the first day there will be tickets in your room with the dining room that you start out in that evening, then you will "rotate" and move to a different dining room the next night. There are three differently themed dining rooms, also the menu will change each night. Often the formal night is the first sea day.

The nice thing about the cruise is that it is pretty much all-inclusive from the time you get on the ship to the breakfast the morning you leave. The extras are things like gratuities, nursery, alcohol, bingo, souvenirs, adult only specialty dining, port excursions, prepackaged drinks or snacks. The shows and movies are included, most ship activities are included. Kids clubs for 3y and up are included and there is also a "free" beverage station.

Simple answer is yes there is a "sit down" dinner at your Main dining room(it will be marked on your Key to the world (aka Room and charge key)). So if you don't want to sit in your dining room for the night the buffet will be open. But you are welcome to go and "sit down" at your scheduled dining room. (oh and it won't be "formal") have a great trip! :santa:

Juney said:

You can also eat in Cabanas with kids. That's a sit down meal at night. :)

jahber said:
You can also eat in Cabanas with kids. That's a sit down meal at night. :)

It's still buffet, right? We only ate at Cabanas twice on the Fantasy and both times it was during lunch. While it was laid out much better than on the classic ships, the chaos still made me nuts.

It's still buffet, right? We only ate at Cabanas twice on the Fantasy and both times it was during lunch. While it was laid out much better than on the classic ships, the chaos still made me nuts.

AFAIK, the buffet is a sit-down service for dinner, with a salad bar and carved meat station. And it's not open the first and last nights.

PrincessShmoo said:
AFAIK, the buffet is a sit-down service for dinner, with a salad bar and carved meat station. And it's not open the first and last nights.

K. If I have to get up and get my own food I don't consider it a "sit down" meal. But I'm kind of a food snob. LOL

K. If I have to get up and get my own food I don't consider it a "sit down" meal. But I'm kind of a food snob. LOL

Well, you don't "have" to get up. You will be seated, have servers, and a menu to order from (usually a selection of items from the other MDR menus that evening). The salad bar and meat station, is additonal to that.

The topsiders and cabanas are generally training grounds for servers but they also have some dedicated staff as well. The only night there is a dinner buffet up there as far as I know is the pirate night but it is a late night buffet.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter