Where to eat dinner on Sunday on the Fantasy?

Discussion in 'Disney Cruise Line Forum' started by Disney Legend, Dec 21, 2012.

1. Rambler5678

Rambler5678 l

We ordered off the menu and had great service at cabanas.. No one ever said anything about a salad bar and carving station. We were on the fantasy a couple weeks ago. Nice alternative to the dining room if you want a more laid back dinner.

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. kcashner

kcashner DIS Veteran

We also ordered off the menu and were told about the "carved item," but not the salad bar. When we asked about the salad bar, suddenly it was remembered! Great food and service. Do not be afraid of the concept that this is a "training restaurant."

4. woody73

woody73 <font color=darkorange>Enjoyed the Pumpkinmen<br><

Was your server named "Dory"?

Woody

5. PrincessShmoo

PrincessShmoo DIS Veteran

[​IMG]

:cutie:

6. kcashner

kcashner DIS Veteran

I'm now an official member of the Woody fan club.

We didn't have to get up to get the carved item--it could be ordered as part of the menu and served on our plate. It is just a different item on different nights.

7. jahber

jahber DIS Veteran

Same thing for us on the Dream. No one ever mentioned the carving station or a salad bar. I never saw them, either. That's strange. Surely I would have noticed people getting up and coming back with plates of food? I ordered a steak, potato, and asparagus. It was the best meal I had during the entire cruise. And for the PP, it was entirely sit-down (for us, at least, since apparently we didn't know about the secret buffet part ;))

8. kcashner

kcashner DIS Veteran

We didn't notice other people getting up because there were virtually no other people there! There were maybe 2 other tables seated. It was an odd hour, like 7:30--between main and late seating. We had late and just decided we were hungry and didn't want to wait till 8:15.

9. jahber

jahber DIS Veteran

Huh. That's so strange. We had a line waiting to be seated when we left, so it was a full dining room and there weren't any diners moving around that I could see. Of course, they only used 1/2 of Cabanas, so full is relative. I will definitely be on the lookout for the secret salad bar next time!