Where to buy Disney pins for Trading

hppy2bhome

Mouseketeer
Where the best place to buy these?

Is there a seller on Ebay that you deal with a lot and have been happy?

Thanks
hppy2bhome

We're heading to Disney next week and before each trip I do my Disney pin shopping online (among other Disney purchases). I could put the link in here , but it may be removed. I purchased 50 pins for less than $100!!! Thats around 2 dollars a pin!!! (That's what I usually spend)... I've used this seller before (twodizzy4dizney) and haven't had any problems. My simple advice -- always look at the sellers feedback, if there are negs (read and see why), you may want to avoid....look for >99% positive feedback and you should be fine.

I recently used pinseller.com and purchased 100 pins for about $280. Good pins and no ebay worries.

http://disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1267432

If you see an ebay auction you are interested in, the lovely folks on this thread will help look into for you.

The $1.75 pins on mousepins are propins. Nasty, small, icky pins. You can get far better pins on ebay, or even at that website for a mere $.25 more. Including nice lanyard pins, etc.

Have fun pin trading!

Not all of the pins we got were Propins (from Mousepins) and if we are trading them, why does it matter? They all have the Disney logo on the back. I thought that was the important thing?

Not all of the pins we got were Propins (from Mousepins) and if we are trading them, why does it matter? They all have the Disney logo on the back. I thought that was the important thing?

While legal, why trade pins that no one wants to trade for? A few are cute, but when the CM's lanyards are filled with them, and with sedesmas it takes all of the fun out of trading.

I guess because we are not serious pin traders it doesn't make a difference to us. Last year my kids (ages 6 and 8) actually traded CMs for what I now know are Propins. So even though one person may think they are small and icky, others like them. One mans trash is another's treasure, I guess.... :thumbsup2

I worry about the outrageous shipping cost from ebay now. I know the sellers must charge to get the fees paid but $3.00 for one pin?

I buy from sellers that only charge .50 for the combined pins.

LOL, my kids trade for them, too. Then, when we get home, they trade them to me, because the novelty has worn off! (We came home with 4 sedesma hyenas last trip...)

zgirl, that's kind of a negative way of putting things. Propins and Sedemsas are generally frowned upon in the pin trading community, but if everyone used those as traders, I don't think you'd be very happy about finding nothing but junk pins on lanyards. It doesn't seem to fair to cast members who have to discard them at the end of the day or your fellow traders who are trying to get quality pins just like yourself... :sad2:

To the OP, try the dizpins site. Some posters offer trading pins for about 2.30 and other have some really great pins you might want to get as keepers. I'm so in love with some that I just received in the mail. :love: Take a look around and good luck!

zgirl, that's kind of a negative way of putting things. Propins and Sedemsas are generally frowned upon in the pin trading community, but if everyone used those as traders, I don't think you'd be very happy about finding nothing but junk pins on lanyards. It doesn't seem to fair to cast members who have to discard them at the end of the day or your fellow traders who are trying to get quality pins just like yourself...

I guess I am confused about what I said that was negative. :confused: My kids (nor I) are not "professional" or "seasoned" traders - they are 7 and 9. I no idea Propins were considered "junk" until today. I thought as long as they said Disney on the back they were fine, but obviously I have been corrected. My kids actually like the pins you call junk. We are even keeping some of the ones we bought from Mousepins that were for trading. Not everyone is so serious about pin trading. And I don't think I ever claimed that I was trying to get "quality" pins in exchange for what you call junk - I don't even trade them, my kids do! They just trade for whatever happens to catch their eye, whether it is Sedemsa, Propin or whatever - they don't care - they never know the difference. And I have a feeling there are many other kids, and probably adults out there that are just like my family.

To me, it kinda sounded like you were implying that you knew that propins and sedemsas were junk pins and were still planning on using them to trade to cast members despite it... Forgive me if I sound a little negative, but even though I haven't been trading for long, it kinda makes me little upset seeing a whole bunch of scrapper pins on cast lanyards when a lot of other "serious" traders and even people like myself have already put a lot of money into pin trading.

It's always good to save money of course, but I personally would be willing to pay a little more for official Disney trading pins I'm planning on using as traders. I'm glad that you guys have found this fun hobby and I understand that you and your kiddos aren't serious traders, just please know what you trade for affects other traders. :(

http://disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1267432

If you see an ebay auction you are interested in, the lovely folks on this thread will help look into for you.

The $1.75 pins on mousepins are propins. Nasty, small, icky pins. You can get far better pins on ebay, or even at that website for a mere $.25 more. Including nice lanyard pins, etc.

Have fun pin trading!

I ordered a bunch of the lanyard pins for $2 from them recently as I was concerned about the selection of the $1.75 pins. How did they get all those lanyard pins, anyway? Or don't I want to know? I thought those were only given to CM's for trading, and my kids always looked for them on lanyards. I may have to convince them to trade these because they're used to considering these keepers! Not that we're really serious about it - in spite of having probably 300 pins! If only I knew how much they'd enjoy pin trading when I bought my first bunch from Disney store at the mall for .68 in 2001!

So is there a way to tell if a pin is a Sedesma? Or a scrapper pin? Are you saying that all the ones for sale from mousepins.com for $2 are scrappers? How is one to know.:eek: :upsidedow

I ordered a bunch of the lanyard pins for $2 from them recently as I was concerned about the selection of the $1.75 pins. How did they get all those lanyard pins, anyway? Or don't I want to know? I thought those were only given to CM's for trading, and my kids always looked for them on lanyards. I may have to convince them to trade these because they're used to considering these keepers! Not that we're really serious about it - in spite of having probably 300 pins! If only I knew how much they'd enjoy pin trading when I bought my first bunch from Disney store at the mall for .68 in 2001!

It never occured to me they might be scrappers. I can't vouch for them, because I've never purchased there. I was just surprised when someone a while back said they had CM pins.

I have sold pins on ebay (not a ton, but 4 or 5 lots) and they went for about $2 a piece. Not scrappers, not propins, sedesmas or those european pins.

I've purchased a lot over the years from a seller named harval1, though, and they've all been good. I think his are $2 a piece currently. (Of course, they went down AFTER I bought all of mine!)

Thank you for all the advice and other stuff. I ended up purchasing 30 pins for 2.00 a piece with 8.00 to ship (so 2.36 a pin). I used hppydiztrader good feedback so we shall see.

hppy2bhome

Were you the one I lost the Pirates/Peter Pan GWP lot to??? :lmao: Glad you found something good... I'm waiting for some pins from him/her too.

I know enough to stay away from the sedema pins. Wasn't aware of what propins were. Looked at the sample pictures on Mousepins and they look like they are just the smaller less expensive pins?

Haha, I SWEAR that my kids are attracted to them. They keep trying to trade the larger more expensive pins for the smaller ones. :headache: In fact, my younger child was trying to collect the entire Baby collection that I see everywhere for sale in the parks that work out to a lower cost per pin. :sad2: I was tempted to just buy the collection for her - it would be cheaper for me AND the pins would all be new and not worn like the ones she traded in. :rolleyes1 But she was having soooo much fun.

I gently try to steer them to the "nicer" pins but at the end of the day, I am paying for their enjoyment of the whole pin trading experience not a higher return my investment. And they really have fun and a sense of accomplishment for having "picked" out all the pins themselves.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter