Where should I buy small amount of groceries?

dizzneebabe

SOME IMAGINATION!!!
DVC Silver
Hi everyone!
This may be a bit complicated, but I'll try to explain our situation clearly!!! Here goes...

We planned on staying at BCV in a 1bd for 5 nights (rented points from DVC member). But then added on 1 night before at BWV (studio) and 1 night after at WL (resort-not villa). Airfare came way down (162 r/t from chicago) and I needed to fly Sat-Sat. I know...I'm winded just saying it all. :faint: We've never resort hopped before, so in a way, it's a little exciting for us in that we get to see the other resorts. But it also raises some ???'s So...

My kids drink A LOT of milk and having them eat cereal or something else small in the room for breakfast will help us out with not having to have a full blown breakfast each day. Can I buy milk and cereal, maybe even pop-tarts or something like that at the resorts? Or do I have to buy from gardengrocer.com or goodings.com??? DH would like to have beer in the room, too. Where can I buy that? We are using ME, so we won't have a car.

Since Mickey should be able to transport our luggage for us from resort to resort (...right???), I'm assuming I can just throw the cereal boxes in our luggage somewhere and have it make it to the next place. Is that right? I don't expect to drag the milk with. Has anyone done this???? :confused:

Ok, and one more thing...since DD (2) will only drink milk from her cups, will anyone care if we bring a small soft-sided cooler, with drinks in it to the pool???? No glass, I know.

We just came back from a week at Myrtle Beach and brought a soft cooler with us down to the pool everyday--it was wonderful!!! So now, I'm spoiled...

Much thanks for any advice you can give me! I'm a little frazzled thinking about it all right now! :crazy:

:thanks:
Rhonda

The soft-sided cooler should be okay. I've seen people with coolers before at SAB. If you get questioned I would just explain the situation and it should be fine.

As for resort luggage transfers, you should be good to go as long as you give the resorts notice.

For 1 night of food, I would just buy from your resort gift shop. It will be more expensive, but it will be much more convenient.

If you have a car, I would drive to Publix. Goodings prices are ridiculous. If you don't have a car, I would order from garden grocer. I've never done this, but I hear good things about them. Have fun.

we've shopped many times... winn dixie had good prices last easter when we were there, but we drove our car and didn't have to take taxi fare into account. Our last trip in the beginning of july, we flew down, stayed at boardwalk villas, and took a taxi to goodings thinking the taxi fare would be best since goodings seems to be the closest supermarket. i think it was $15 each way, plus tip. BUT during the week when we went into Screen Door (the market at the boardwalk), the prices were the exact same as gooding. so we wasted taxi fare, our time, and bought too much of one thing and not enough of another, thinking it was our only chance to get groceries. Next time, i will only shop at the resort, especially for a stay under 10 days. I figure we can buy little by little every few days... we threw out so much food in the end of our week stay, and needed to get more of some stuff anyway. lots of wasted money all the way around! (live and learn!)

Mickey will transfer your cold food even... they have a fridge in the bellhop room for that. they've even transfered ice cream for us. just have the stuff in the market bags, with freezer and fridge items in separate bags to make it easy for them.

for your trip though... i'd just get the minimum amount you need for morning breakfast in your studio, then really go shopping when you get to the beach club. you shouldn't have too much left when you transfer to WL... bring what you have left, and you can get milk, yogurt, etc, from Roaring Forks for your 1 morning there. My main advice is don't over-shop... you can replenish as you go along... you'll be going through the lobby anyway during the morning, evenings, and can grab more. adding taxi fare into any supermarket trip for only 5 days will not put you ahead in my opinion. if you were going for longer and really using the kitchen, then yes.

tht! have a magical trip!! :wizard:

Good to know Disney will move cold food, too. Not that I plan on having anything like that--but just in case. Since I would not pay to take a cab anywhere (don't want to use up precious park time, either), I can buy that stuff at the resorts? I think I remember seeing a place on the Boardwalk--but what about BCV?

And yes, I only plan on buying some things, mainly for breakfast and snacks--that's it. So, I won't have much to bring to WL on the last day.

DH is tapping me on the arm--what about beer? Any place on property to buy that, other than the bars?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter