• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Where Pixie-Dusted Birthday Dreams Come True! A July Trip Report! PTR Link! Pg. 116

Glad you made to DHS early. WHAT NO BO or LACK OF BO Picture???? :eek:

I am thinking he wasn't there. :sad2:

I really, really tried to get CM Karen and Walt to make sure he was back for Chelsea.

I am glad everyone was OKay with waiting for RnR while the ride was checked out. I know for some, that would a sign to skip it and let others be the first ride after a malfunction.

Just the thought of hanging upside down gives me the twinges of a headache! Wouldn't that be awful?
NOW I'll be thinking about that the next time we ride!:laughing:

Ahhhh, TOT one of my very favorites! I so hope you rode it!

So did you book that May trip yet?? Book book book:goodvibes

I haven't even booked it yet. Just airline tickets but will probably call tonight as I can make ADR's on Tuesday:banana: Our week is blacked out though for free dining:sad2: so I will only be making a few ADR's.

I had the same thought of them upside down on RNR when I started reading your update:) Glad they were waiting to board. I love that ride!!

Ahhh, I would have been terrified to be stuck ON the ride! Glad your family wasn't and they enjoyed their ride!

One good thing about not running to TSM is you avoid the crazy stampede. I love getting on early in the morning but do not care for the crowd.

Glad they weren't stuck on RNR. I love the ride but that might be a little scary. :)

Wow, I would have been worried too if my family didn't come through when they should have.

I love that you leisurely stroll while they run to the ride first. I think it's a good way to get pictures along the way without feeling rushed.

ToT and RNR are on our to do list in June. None of us have ridden either one. I managed to ride EE for the first time last trip. Not sure if I will be able to ride the other two.

Charles, Chelsea, and Connor were brave. I would not have got on a coaster that was having trouble :scared1:

You got the cowboy on GMR? I ALWAYS get the gangster.

I hope you're enjoying Thanksgiving break! We have 2 full days and a half day on Wednesday. I hope I can come down off my Disney high and teach tomorrow :rotfl:

Great update!! The warm weather sounds awesome as I'm reading your TR and watching the snow fall outside my window! We leave in 68 days, I hope we get a little of that sunny weather. :woohoo:

Love the picture! I may have lol a little at the look on Charles' face. :) I would have been scared silly until I knew my family was safe.

Yeah for making rope drop! I skip RNC too. I'm glad your group enjoyed it and didn't get stuck. I'm with Anita, I can just feel the headache if i were ever stuck upside down. I usually walk around and take pictures while the others ride.

Hey! Great update! Loved it! Some nice pics of this and that at DHS. Glad your crew was not stranded on the ride, that would have been frustrating I am sure!! Did you guys end up riding TSM? I am sure that will be part of the next post! Lucky duck that you get this week off!!! Enjoy it! :goodvibes

I will be catching up this week, too. Have to. We are leaving a week from today to head down to Disney and Universal before the training in St. Pete's!

I will be thinking of you as I drag myself through two more days of work!!!! ;)

WOOT WOOT a Jackie update!!! Yay for surviving until Thanksgiving! I'm out of the classroom tomorrow (poor sub LOL) however my students have a test they are taking so that should keep them pretty mellow!!!!

Only a couple more days before you can enjoy your break!

YAY for not getting stuck upside down in the loop!!!!!! Glad they enjoyed their ride! While I will consider TOT, I'm not a huge fan of RnRC been on it a few times but I get whiplash so bad I just skip it now LOL!!!!

I have never been on it, and I don't plan to remedy that EVER. ;)

OOOH bracelets, I love Disney bracelets!!!

I took a picture of it for the end-of-day souvenir post.

OOOOH cowboy....did you get the cowboy...why oh why does everyone get the cowboy but me LOL!!!! Speaking of GMR had the weirdest dream about that ride last night and new things they did to it.....was quite distressing LOL!!!!

Oh, I would find a dream like that quite distressing, too.

We did get the cowboy. LOL!

Thank goodness, they weren't stuck hanging upside down. That image to me is absolutely terrifying. I'm such a wuss. :lmao:

Me too! :laughing:

Sounds like a nice leisurely stroll. I'm so tickled at the cowboy reference if it means what I think it means.... :goodvibes

If you think it means a reference to the GMR, then you are correct. :goodvibes

Great start on your DHS day with rope drop, and an adventure with a cowboy. Have a Thanksgiving week off.:goodvibes

Thanks! Have a great Thanksgiving yourself!

Oh - man, I felt your panic in that chapter!! I'm glad they didn't get stuck upside down.

I am bad about worrying like that.

I have NEVER had the cowboy!!! I think I posted somewhere that my DH did not believe that there was a second version with the cowboy. So we asked the CM in front of the building and they confirmed. I gave him a big "I told you my DIS friends know things"! Next time I'm going to have to ask for it specifically.

We have had both the cowboy and the gangster on numerous occasions.

Do you ride ToT Jackie?? I'd have to pass on that one. I save a lot of time in the parks by not going on a lot of headliner rides. My family is a bunch of babies. The biggest thing we've done is BTMRR. The kids love it now, so I'm sure we'll keep that one going. Maybe as they get older, they'll get braver. I am getting less brave with age. I used to go on all kinds of coasters - before having kids. I think it does something to one's equilibrium or something that I can't tolerate it as well.

I am the only ride wuss in the family anymore, but that's okay with me. It gives me a chance for some alone time (which usually means shopping).

Glad you made to DHS early. WHAT NO BO or LACK OF BO Picture???? :eek:

I am thinking he wasn't there. :sad2:

I really, really tried to get CM Karen and Walt to make sure he was back for Chelsea.

The Bo Saga is for a different update. ;)

I am glad everyone was OKay with waiting for RnR while the ride was checked out. I know for some, that would a sign to skip it and let others be the first ride after a malfunction.

It would have been a sign for me to skip it, that's for sure. :lmao:

Just the thought of hanging upside down gives me the twinges of a headache! Wouldn't that be awful?
NOW I'll be thinking about that the next time we ride!:laughing:

I am only too good at conjuring up terrifying images in my mind. It's my inner Piglet. :laughing:

Ahhhh, TOT one of my very favorites! I so hope you rode it!

:rolleyes1

So did you book that May trip yet?? Book book book:goodvibes

:laughing:

I haven't even booked it yet. Just airline tickets but will probably call tonight as I can make ADR's on Tuesday:banana: Our week is blacked out though for free dining:sad2: so I will only be making a few ADR's.

Did you call last night?

I had the same thought of them upside down on RNR when I started reading your update:) Glad they were waiting to board. I love that ride!!

It would be the worst place imaginable to me to be stuck on that ride.

Ahhh, I would have been terrified to be stuck ON the ride! Glad your family wasn't and they enjoyed their ride!

No kidding! I would not want any of them to experience that! :eek:

One good thing about not running to TSM is you avoid the crazy stampede. I love getting on early in the morning but do not care for the crowd.

Glad they weren't stuck on RNR. I love the ride but that might be a little scary. :)

Yes, avoiding the stampede was nice!

I just could not imagine where they were! It was very worrying!

Wow, I would have been worried too if my family didn't come through when they should have.

I love that you leisurely stroll while they run to the ride first. I think it's a good way to get pictures along the way without feeling rushed.

It was a bit disconcerting watching all those empty cars arrive and the CMs checking them all out.

It was lovely to just meander along enjoying DHS in the early morning.

ToT and RNR are on our to do list in June. None of us have ridden either one. I managed to ride EE for the first time last trip. Not sure if I will be able to ride the other two.

My family recommends both of them!

Charles, Chelsea, and Connor were brave. I would not have got on a coaster that was having trouble :scared1:

You got the cowboy on GMR? I ALWAYS get the gangster.

It's always about half and half with us as far as the cowboy and gangster go.

I hope you're enjoying Thanksgiving break! We have 2 full days and a half day on Wednesday. I hope I can come down off my Disney high and teach tomorrow :rotfl:

Did you have a wonderful time??? Were you able to hit the parks much?

Great update!! The warm weather sounds awesome as I'm reading your TR and watching the snow fall outside my window! We leave in 68 days, I hope we get a little of that sunny weather. :woohoo:

Sunny Florida weather would be lovely right now!

Love the picture! I may have lol a little at the look on Charles' face. :) I would have been scared silly until I knew my family was safe.

Yes, he doesn't look like he is having a very good time, does he? :laughing:

Yeah for making rope drop! I skip RNC too. I'm glad your group enjoyed it and didn't get stuck. I'm with Anita, I can just feel the headache if i were ever stuck upside down. I usually walk around and take pictures while the others ride.

That's exactly what I did! It was nice to not have to rush and just enjoy everything.

Hey! Great update! Loved it! Some nice pics of this and that at DHS. Glad your crew was not stranded on the ride, that would have been frustrating I am sure!! Did you guys end up riding TSM? I am sure that will be part of the next post! Lucky duck that you get this week off!!! Enjoy it! :goodvibes

Oh, yes! We did ride TSM later in the day. No trip to DHS would have been complete without it. I am definitely enjoying the week off. It's so nice to not feel like I have to cram everything into the weekend.

I will be catching up this week, too. Have to. We are leaving a week from today to head down to Disney and Universal before the training in St. Pete's!

Can't believe you are only a week away from another Disney trip! Lucky! :goodvibes

I will be thinking of you as I drag myself through two more days of work!!!! ;)

Hang in there! You can do it!

I found it awfully difficult to smile during that crazy take off! Glad they weren't stuck on it. :thumbsup2

They all loved their ride once it started working!

I've seen pictures online of people getting stuck on upside down roller coasters and it's horrifying :eek: I finally got over my fear and rode RnR two years ago but I don't know if I'd ride it if it was having problems before I got on! Charles, Connor & Chelsea are very brave :thumbsup2 Have you been on ToT before?

Ahhhh I love DHS :lovestruc
The only part of RNRC is the take off....the rest of it jostles my precious brain too much :laughing::rolleyes1
Hmmmm so did you ride my favorite ride TOT? Didja? Didja? :laughing:
Did Chelsea at least give Bo a little finger wave as she walked by him on the way in? :upsidedow

Tracy

Yes I did!! We were not planning to do the dining plan as our week was blacked out but the CM said where I had the PIN code that I also get a discount on the dining plan so I added that on. Now tomorrow a.m. I get to make ADR's.:yay:

Yeay for booking and getting to make ADRs! Where are you going to eat on this trip?

I've seen pictures online of people getting stuck on upside down roller coasters and it's horrifying :eek: I finally got over my fear and rode RnR two years ago but I don't know if I'd ride it if it was having problems before I got on! Charles, Connor & Chelsea are very brave :thumbsup2 Have you been on ToT before?

I am glad I have never seen pictures of people stuck on roller coasters! That would terrify me! Actually, I take that back -- I have read stories of people stuck on Everest and having to walk all the way down the mountain. That would about do me in!

I rode ToT once back in 1998 (Chelsea's first trip) with my brother (who was 11 at the time). It dropped once, and I shook for about thirty minutes afterward. :laughing:

Ahhhh I love DHS :lovestruc
The only part of RNRC is the take off....the rest of it jostles my precious brain too much :laughing::rolleyes1
Hmmmm so did you ride my favorite ride TOT? Didja? Didja? :laughing:
Did Chelsea at least give Bo a little finger wave as she walked by him on the way in? :upsidedow

Tracy

I love DHS, too! For some reason we always have some of our best times in that park.

More on the Tower of Terror and Bo later on. ;)

July 22, 2010: Part Two

Before I continue with this day, I have to tell you a cute story. As so many of you know, Chelsea has a thing for Bo -- the Coke delivery man who stands outside Oscar’s at DHS. One year she spotted him and screamed, “My Main Man!!!” and ran to pose beside him. Since then it has become a DIS tradition for people to pose with Bo and send us the pictures. We get such a kick out of seeing all the pictures with everyone. Fast forward to last night -- two of Chelsea’s friends, Katie and Karlie (they are twins) go to Disney every year for Thanksgiving -- I also teach them and absolutely adore them --- well, last night, they were at DHS and sent Chelsea a picture on her phone. Can you guess what it was? Yep, they posed with Bo and the text message read, “Chelsea, we saw your main man!” It was hysterical!

Okay, back to July 22.

After securing some much-needed caffeine, we decided it was time to journey into the movies.

469.jpg

Some of you are familiar with the infamous Benedryl story. Back in 2008, Charles had made the huge error of taking some Benedryl to help him sleep. Well, for whatever reason, it really kicked him hard, and the following day he was a walking zombie. We rode the Great Movie Ride, and he fell asleep. He was sitting next to a man, and the entire time kept listing dangerously towards him. I was convinced he was going to end up sleeping with his head on this stranger’s shoulder.

Anyway, when we got on the ride, Charles pretended to fall asleep, but then wouldn’t let me take his picture for the trip report. LOL!

We eagerly embarked into the world of film.
465.jpg

The cowboy hijacked our ride. I am always surprised to read about how few people end up with the cowboy. We have always gotten both the cowboy and the gangster in equal measure.

It was about time for another set of Fast Passes, so we figured we better head over to Pixar Place to nab some for Toy Story Mania. I don’t remember the exact return time, but I think it was around 6:00. That was fine with us since we knew we would be back in the evening.

As we walked by a toy soldier, Connor piped up with words I very seldom hear anymore.

“Can I get my picture made with him?”

Yes, yes, yes!

He went to stand over to the side to wait his turn when the Toy Soldier yelled at him, “Hey, Toy Story! Come over here! You can’t have me on your shirt and not be recruited.”

Apparently the Toy Soldier was running some training drills and was recruiting for his team.

437.jpg

He had them line up.

438.jpg

Do some jumping jacks.

439.jpg

440.jpg

441.jpg

Practice their toy soldier stances.

442.jpg

443.jpg

444.jpg

Salute.

445.jpg

And take the Toy Soldier oath.

446.jpg

447.jpg

At the end the Toy Soldier posed with each child.

448.jpg

Watching the Toy Soldier put Connor and the other children through their paces was one of the highlights of the trip for me.

UP NEXT: We do a never-done!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter