Where Pixie-Dusted Birthday Dreams Come True! A July Trip Report! PTR Link! Pg. 116

Cranky in Epcot...you must not have had enough slushie drinks!

I was confused when you wrote Charles hadn't seen Illuminations....I was sitting right near him...but my memory was refreshed, Charles and the 5 year old were fast asleep. :rotfl2:

We loved the Germany KP mission! We did it on our last trip in April/May.

I can't believe Charles hadn't seen Illuminations! :eek:

Nice shirts! :thumbsup2

Hurray! You know what's funny? This afternoon I took a quick peek at the DIS in between trying to untangle a mess of gifted curriculum stuff from Central Office. Anyway, I saw your title, didn't even look to see whose TR it was, and thought, "I LOVE that title!" Of course, I always say "Dr. Jones" with a German accent in my mind. :lmao: I will be over there in a little bit!

I'm going to have to start saying it with a German accent.

:rotfl2:

I had fun with the title.

July 19, 2010: Part Four

Connor had a delightful exchange with the Cast Member there.

Cast Member: Have you done a mission before?

Connor: Yes.

Cast Member: Do you remember how to work your Kimmunicator or did an evil villain erase your memory?

Connor: Gosh, I don’t know if an evil villain erased my memory!

Cast Member: Well, what did you have for breakfast?

Connor: (Pretending to search his memory and then responding in a slightly panicked, whispered voice) I can’t remember!!!

I love it when he gets into his role! :laughing:

Connor was left to be the mastermind of the operation. Luckily, he was well-equipped with his spray fan/bandolier supplies.

096.jpg

I LOVE Connor stories! I was so bummed, neither boy had any interest in a mission. They could not get past the fact that it was Kim Possible and they just aren't Kim Possible fans. Grr. I know Eric would have loved it. Speaking of love, he COVETED one of those fan misters but I was too cheap. And so was he (to have it come out of HIS money). :rotfl:

Soon we were all reunited, and for some inexplicable reason, I was feeling slightly out of sorts. I am not really sure why except sometimes Epcot has that effect on me.

Everyone wanted to head back to the Japanese department store to stock up on candy and other little goodies. They had a great time.

Afterwards, I thought Charles would decide to call it a night, but instead he surprised me completely by asking, “Do you want to stay for Illuminations?”

Um, where was my husband and who was this man???

He was all for staying to watch a nighttime show, and I was cranky. Was there some sort of Freaky Friday thing going on that I was unaware of??? ;)

Well, even when I am being a grouch, I can’t resist fireworks and drums, so I agreed.

Boy Charles is like a new man this trip, isn't he. It's like Food and Wine transformed him. Doesn't seem like such a scary place after all.

I hate feeling out of sorts at Disney but it happens to all of us on a trip I think in some way, small or large.

Great purchases! The soccer shirts are awesome! Did Charles and Chelsea make all of those choices while you and Connor were saving the world?

We have yet to do a Kim Possible mission. Maybe in October we can do one.

I hope so, too. Brooklynn will love having her own phone.
It will be fun! :goodvibes

Love the update, CP! I love World Showcase and plan to bring back a little touch of it in October to use for a Christmas Around World Showcase holiday at home, since we don't have a Nov./Dec. trip this year. I'm guessing some candy from Japan will be a part of my 'loot'.

I am so glad that Charles was more into things on this trip. :thumbsup2

AAAAHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!

I can't possibly be the first person to read this!

You were! First reader status goes to Mary Ellen!

Such a great post - especially Connor and the CM. LOL! That was so funny.

Connor cracks me up when he plays along with something!

The soccer shirts are amazing. do you think they will have any left in two weeks. I want them all. They would make great Xmas/bday presents!!!! I even noticed that one was on sale! (bargain shopper that I am).

All of the World Cup shirts were on sale for about 50% -- we loved that! It seemed like they were clearing those out, but there are lots of other soccer shirts in the countries -- Charles' Italian one was a regular one.

I am so glad charles stayed for Illuminations. And better yet - He LIKED it!!!!!!! Awesome!

I thought so, too!

Great Pics. Not so sure about the Chelsea hair thing though! :rotfl:
'

She's so goofy!

Mind altering pretzels! :lmao: I love how Connor gets into stuff. I swear, I could read a book about that child and his interactions and never get bored. :goodvibes

Connor has such a creative mind -- he always keeps us laughing. His latest thing is at night, he likes to put on his bathrobe (he is such an old man in some ways), and then he pretends to be a fencer of goods. There is something different every night. The latest thing was when I was sitting at the computer. He sidled up to me and said in his best throaty whisper, "Psst! Kid! I hear you're doing a math project. I have just the thing for you." Then he opened his bathrobe to reveal a tape measure. :lmao:

Okay, I was seriously going to be snarky and ask if the reason Charles wanted to stay for Illuminations was so he could take a nap. :rotfl2: But you, as the dutiful wife, felt okay to point that out for me.

Of course! You know I had to point that out! :rotfl:

Honestly, that's one of my cherished memories, all of us watching Illuminations. And who am I to talk, my son slept through them as well, eh? :goodvibes I'm glad you got to enjoy them and Charles was awake for these. :thumbsup2

It was so much fun! One of my favorite memories, too! :goodvibes

Love the Haunted Mansion playing cards!

We tried them out the other night. Lots of fun playing Rummy with them!

I'm here, I'm here.
I have done the Germany mission.
Would have been better if you made that stop in France :rolleyes1

I really should have -- I think Connor was so anxious to make it to Italy that we were walking pretty fast.

Cranky, that's no cranky. Glad it was not something too serious.
Also good to see Charles taking the reins. :laughing:

Oh, I was pretty out of sorts, but I was trying not to have a full scale temper tantrum. ;)

We have yet to do a Kim Possible mission. Maybe in October we can do one.

Yes, you would love them, and the picture opportunities are great!

Yay for a fun mission! Wow, Charles is full of surprises!

Yes, he was! More surprises yet to come!

They are fun. Germany is a fun one, not too terribly difficult and has lots of "action".

I agree! All of them are pretty fun and action-filled though. The England one is still my favorite.

The pictures of Germany were great, but my favorite pictures are the ones of the souvenirs.

We had a pretty good day for souvenirs at Epcot, but that is usually the case. Lots of neat stuff to buy there!

I just love your updates. They make me want to vacation with your family. :rotfl2:

I think there is a Freaky Friday thing going on here with you and Charles! I can't believe he wanted to stay for Illuminations!!

I was sooo far behind! But, I'm all caught up now. ;) Abby want's to eat at Tutto for her birthday dinner when we go to Disney in October. I'll have to make sure she wears her birthday button in plain sight.
The more I read about Le Cellier the more I want to try it out. I love pretzels and the pretzel bread keeps calling me. :rotfl:
I lost my camera this past trip and when we stopped at guest relations they didn't have it. The next day I called the main lost and found and they had it! :woohoo: I told my mom that lost and found at the TTC was my new favorite building in all of Disney.:lmao:
We always seem to get our snacks from the Japanese store, :scratchin hmmmm, DH said I'll need to get him two bags of the grape gummies to tide him over until I go back and can get him some more. :-)idea: Maybe I can convince him to fund a trip next year when they have free dining so he can have his fix of grape gummies.)

Cranky in Epcot...you must not have had enough slushie drinks!

Nope, that was my downfall.

I was confused when you wrote Charles hadn't seen Illuminations....I was sitting right near him...but my memory was refreshed, Charles and the 5 year old were fast asleep. :rotfl2:

Yes, fast, fast asleep although how anyone can sleep through fireworks is beyond me. :rotfl: He did have quite a few drinks, though.

We loved the Germany KP mission! We did it on our last trip in April/May.

I can't believe Charles hadn't seen Illuminations! :eek:

Nice shirts! :thumbsup2

The Germany mission is a lot of fun!

Charles can now say he has seen Illuminations. Although, with his memory, he probably won't remember. LOL!

We were very happy with all of our soccer shirts for the boys!

I'm going to have to start saying it with a German accent.

:rotfl2:

I had fun with the title.

It's a sure sign I have watched those movies too much! :lmao:

I LOVE Connor stories! I was so bummed, neither boy had any interest in a mission. They could not get past the fact that it was Kim Possible and they just aren't Kim Possible fans. Grr. I know Eric would have loved it. Speaking of love, he COVETED one of those fan misters but I was too cheap. And so was he (to have it come out of HIS money). :rotfl:

Eric would have loved it -- Kim Possible isn't even really a part of any of the storylines, either. Connor had wanted a spray fan for quite a few trips, but I always refused to spend the money on one. When the CM gave them to the kids at Guest Relations, he was so happy! You'll see it in a LOT of pictures. LOL!

Boy Charles is like a new man this trip, isn't he. It's like Food and Wine transformed him. Doesn't seem like such a scary place after all.

He had a great time at Disney on this trip. I was very proud of him!

I hate feeling out of sorts at Disney but it happens to all of us on a trip I think in some way, small or large.

Yes, it does. All of our family logged at least one cranky moment. :rolleyes:

Great purchases! The soccer shirts are awesome! Did Charles and Chelsea make all of those choices while you and Connor were saving the world?

Thanks! Yes, Charles and Chelsea were busy little shoppers while Connor and I were trapped in Germany. :laughing:

I hope so, too. Brooklynn will love having her own phone.
It will be fun! :goodvibes

Yes, she will have a blast! So will you and Jill! They are all such cute missions.

Love the update, CP! I love World Showcase and plan to bring back a little touch of it in October to use for a Christmas Around World Showcase holiday at home, since we don't have a Nov./Dec. trip this year. I'm guessing some candy from Japan will be a part of my 'loot'.

Good idea! I was thinking the elves might want to do a whole Holidays Around the World theme for their visit this year. ;)

I am so glad that Charles was more into things on this trip. :thumbsup2

Me too! It made for a much more enjoyable trip!

Connor has such a creative mind -- he always keeps us laughing. His latest thing is at night, he likes to put on his bathrobe (he is such an old man in some ways), and then he pretends to be a fencer of goods. There is something different every night. The latest thing was when I was sitting at the computer. He sidled up to me and said in his best throaty whisper, "Psst! Kid! I hear you're doing a math project. I have just the thing for you." Then he opened his bathrobe to reveal a tape measure. :lmao:

:rotfl2::rotfl2::rotfl2:

I just love your updates. They make me want to vacation with your family. :rotfl2:

You should! We would have so much fun together! :goodvibes

I think there is a Freaky Friday thing going on here with you and Charles! I can't believe he wanted to stay for Illuminations!!

It happened another time, too, where I was the Cranky Pants, and he was the one having a great time. :laughing:

I was sooo far behind! But, I'm all caught up now. ;) Abby want's to eat at Tutto for her birthday dinner when we go to Disney in October. I'll have to make sure she wears her birthday button in plain sight.

Yes, make sure those Italian waiters can see the button! ;)

The more I read about Le Cellier the more I want to try it out. I love pretzels and the pretzel bread keeps calling me. :rotfl:

You would love the bread and soup!

I lost my camera this past trip and when we stopped at guest relations they didn't have it. The next day I called the main lost and found and they had it! :woohoo: I told my mom that lost and found at the TTC was my new favorite building in all of Disney.:lmao:

That's how I feel about Guest Relations at Epcot!!! :lmao:

We always seem to get our snacks from the Japanese store, :scratchin hmmmm, DH said I'll need to get him two bags of the grape gummies to tide him over until I go back and can get him some more. :-)idea: Maybe I can convince him to fund a trip next year when they have free dining so he can have his fix of grape gummies.)

Do you have a Cost Plus World Market in your town? They carry the grape gummies there, too. :thumbsup2

I just burst out laughing in the middle of class reading about Connor and his bathrobe. Oh my goodness.

That's it! We have to plan trips when we will be there at the same time or else I'm going to come to your house for a visit so I can be entertained. :rotfl2::lmao::rotfl:

LOL!! Connor is simply hysterical!!! Between the interaction with the CM and the bathrobe there might be tears coming from my eyes from laughing so hard!!!! Thank Connor for me for saving the world from mind numbing pretzels and evil villains.

OOOH those are some really awesome soccer shirts!!!! I love the Italia one!!!!

WOW...impressive Charles first time seeing Illuminations...can't wait to see other ways he shocks us this trip!!!!

HEY...we now own the same HM playing cards!!!

I agree with Leslie I want to come along on a Jackie Family trip...would be so much fun!!

So I know you think the kimpossible missions are a bit tiring but I honestly can't wait to take the boys back to Epcot because I know they would love them! (although i have a feeling I will too be a distracted sidekick...I love your pics that show off the archetectural details!)

Confession...I have never bought any of the famous goodies from the department store in Japan...unless plum wine from the sake stand counts :rolleyes1

I just burst out laughing in the middle of class reading about Connor and his bathrobe. Oh my goodness.

He cracks me up! What he comes up with is always so funny!

That's it! We have to plan trips when we will be there at the same time or else I'm going to come to your house for a visit so I can be entertained. :rotfl2::lmao::rotfl:

Yes! Yes! Yes! ::yes::

LOL!! Connor is simply hysterical!!! Between the interaction with the CM and the bathrobe there might be tears coming from my eyes from laughing so hard!!!! Thank Connor for me for saving the world from mind numbing pretzels and evil villains.

I will certainly pass the word along to him! :laughing:

OOOH those are some really awesome soccer shirts!!!! I love the Italia one!!!!

Me too! I think that was my favorite one of the bunch.

WOW...impressive Charles first time seeing Illuminations...can't wait to see other ways he shocks us this trip!!!!

Lots more "shocking" experiences to come! :laughing:

HEY...we now own the same HM playing cards!!!

Aren't they great?

I agree with Leslie I want to come along on a Jackie Family trip...would be so much fun!!

We would have a great time together!

You are going to get detention for DISing in class! :eek:

:lmao:

You know what bothers me the most about the crazy busy time I have been having at school? No time to DIS! LOL!

So I know you think the kimpossible missions are a bit tiring but I honestly can't wait to take the boys back to Epcot because I know they would love them! (although i have a feeling I will too be a distracted sidekick...I love your pics that show off the archetectural details!)

Oh, I like the missions -- just not three in a row on a hot day. :rolleyes:

Confession...I have never bought any of the famous goodies from the department store in Japan...unless plum wine from the sake stand counts :rolleyes1

There are so many cute things in that store.

I have to agree with you, the crazy start to the beginning of the year has left me no time to DIS lately....ughhh....LOL!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter