• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Where Pixie-Dusted Birthday Dreams Come True! A July Trip Report! PTR Link! Pg. 116

Whew! All caught up! you all were busy chatting while I was away!

We were -- I was trying to eke out as much DIS time as I could before school started.

A few comments:
I was told by the Famous Teena the BC greeter that it was okay to park at BC and go through the entrance telling them that we were just coming to the resort or to eat there. So tell Connor not to feel bad.

Without a doubt, I will be passing this along to Connor.

The private entrance is still pretty private - there was hardly anyone there while we stayed at BC.
We took the inside long way out once too - ended up in the villas section and couldn't get out without back tracking!

While I don't really wish aimless wandering on anyone, it does make me feel better that I wasn't the only one to make this mistake! LOL!

At CBR - was there any resort specific merchandise in their gift shop? I noticed none at BC except pins. But AKL and Poly had some. What's up with that?
DH got a cool CBR t-shirt on our Jan 09 trip.
We got confused wandering around to our room then too.

Not really. There were a couple of Larry Dotson prints and pins, but that was about it. I was a little disappointed. I like the resort specific merchandise.

What no pictures of the gaggle of Italian waiters for us???

I was too flustered! :laughing:

Took the advice of you or another DISer and got a Grey Goose slushie in the plastic cup - AWESOME!!!

The only way we will be ordering them from now on!

Can't believe 1) charles hung up on Mickey, 2) Charles took over the plan, and 3) you went with it!! Good for you!
Sum of all thrills looks cool - we didn't go there (partly b/c we don't do a lot with thrill rides).

I felt like Charles might have been possessed on this trip. LOL!

Did your kids start school TODAY????? Wow! We have another month! Hope it went okay!

Yep, today was our first day of school. It went pretty smoothly, but we are very tired this evening.

Oh my! Where is that camera?!? I am freaking out for you!

Oh, there was a lot of freaking out among us all!

Caribbean Beach looks great! I rarely see pics of it in TRs.

I think a lot of people are put off by it because it looks so big, but we had a great stay there!

I can not believe how grown up your kids look! It happens so fast.

Yes, it does! I can't get over how they are now in their last years of elementary school and middle school.

Claire is doing great! We just returned from a vacation to Jackson Hole, Wyoming, including Yellowstone and the Grand Tetons. Claire was an expert traveler! So good on the airplane and good throughout the trip. It gives me high hopes for her first birthday trip to Disney!

That's great! She will be an absolute pro by the time she heads to Disney!

The only time I have ever encountered a line at the private entrance is when a boat is letting out.:eek:

Hope your first day was wonderful Jackie!!

I am glad we didn't run into any disembarking boats!

Thanks, it did, but I think I will be in bed very soon!

I just wanted to pop in and say hi! I just read your TR today and am loving your sense of humor! My favorite part:

That is so hilarious, but so cute! :goodvibes And as Mdisneygirl says, Teena says it's ok.

Welcome! I am so thrilled you are enjoying it! I have a lot of fun writing these trip reports. Connor is always cracking us up!

I'm so glad you included pics of CBR. Although I used to go there as a kid/teenager, I haven't been back for 15 years. This December, I'm heading there with my family and I'm so excited :woohoo:. So thank you for including all that cool info, pics, etc.

You will love your stay there! We had such a good time!!! It was the perfect resort for us on this trip!

Great update! It is nice to go with the flow sometimes. I am going to have to get the HM cards. 4.95 is a steal. Oh no, I hope the camera is found!

i'm totally floored that charles became the park nazi!!!! last trip i seem to remember him sleeping the entire time. :rotfl2: how very unpredictableis he?

the lost camera.....:scared1:

Great update! It is nice to go with the flow sometimes. I am going to have to get the HM cards. 4.95 is a steal. Oh no, I hope the camera is found!

Thanks! Yes, when I saw the price on the Haunted Mansion cards, I knew they needed to come home with me.

More on the missing camera later in the week! :goodvibes

Still no camera yet ...... :eek: ....... :laughing:

Nope, not yet! :laughing:

Only four more days for you! :banana:

i'm totally floored that charles became the park nazi!!!! last trip i seem to remember him sleeping the entire time. :rotfl2: how very unpredictableis he?

the lost camera.....:scared1:

Very unpredictable! :lmao: Last summer he barely saw any of Disney. ;)

Love the early morning pics from CBR! You guys really scored a great location!

Going into a park without a bag sounds so fascinating to me. I hope it happens to me some day! I love that Charles embraced the events of the day and you got to try some new things. I have to admit, I do enjoy some Jim Cantore too. ;) What a cutie! He makes any hurricane seem cool! I can't wait til the boys are big enough to get into the Sum of All Thrills. It looks awesome!

I hope that camera turns up soon. I can imagine how devastated a 13 year old would be!

Good gravy, I don't know where I've been. I didn't realize you started. I guess getting ready to go back to school has made my brain fuzzy. Off to catch up!

What a great update. I am glad you all had such a fun morning together. Who needs a plan?;) I know how Chelsea felt when she couldn't find her camera. I think I loose something at some point on every trip. I hopes she quickly found it so that her day was not ruined.

I'm always in awe of people who can go into the parks bagless. I've tried, but I just can't. Even my Dec. trip when I went light I still had a small wrist bag. I just can't stand anything in my pockets and what in the world would I do with my wallet, sunglasses, camera and rain poncho? (Because if I didn't lug the stupid poncho with me it would rain continuously. Carrying it ensures it won't rain a drop). I'm convinced that men can do it only because there is a woman somewhere lugging around something for them. :rotfl:

I'm always in awe of people who can go into the parks bagless. I've tried, but I just can't. Even my Dec. trip when I went light I still had a small wrist bag. I just can't stand anything in my pockets and what in the world would I do with my wallet, sunglasses, camera and rain poncho? (Because if I didn't lug the stupid poncho with me it would rain continuously. Carrying it ensures it won't rain a drop). I'm convinced that men can do it only because there is a woman somewhere lugging around something for them. :rotfl:

Ain't that the truth!!!

And I'm right there with you on the poncho. On our first trip I carried our ponchos every.single.day. We did a morning at DHS, took a break, then went back to DHS. I left the ponchos in the room. Guess what happened? Yep...it rained...and I mean it was a gully washer rain! We got soaking wet going from the van to the tram. We had a dinner ADR at 50's PT. I knew I'd be miserably cold with wet clothes so DH and I ended up with new shirts. I couldn't find anything for the girls so they ended up with hoodies :laughing: :laughing: I even ended up buying a light hoodie because I was still cold!

Funny story about the hoodies: I just had the girls take their wet shirts off and wear the hoodies only. I told Hannah that she was NOT to unzip her jacket since she didn't have anything on underneath. Dinner is finished and we're walking along when I see something out of the corner of my eye. Hannah has unzipped her jacket and is flashing everybody that we pass. :eek: I immediately say "Hannah! Zip up your jacket!!" Then I can't help but bust out laughing. :rotfl: :rotfl: I see this couple that are passing us and they're :rotfl: :rotfl: too! LOL

Finally all caught up! Looks like a nice day in Epcot. Look at Charles requesting what to do! Looking forward to seeing what happens with the camera. Hows school going?

So if you had to choose between Caribbean Beach and Port Orleans Riverside, which would you choose?

Oh, that's a tough question. I think if I was traveling in the winter, spring, or fall, I would want POR -- I just love the Old South feel of it. CBR is perfect for a summer trip, though. So tropical!

Love the early morning pics from CBR! You guys really scored a great location!

Thanks! I couldn't have been more pleased!

Going into a park without a bag sounds so fascinating to me. I hope it happens to me some day!

Me too! I just can't wrap my mind around being able to do that!

I love that Charles embraced the events of the day and you got to try some new things. I have to admit, I do enjoy some Jim Cantore too. ;) What a cutie! He makes any hurricane seem cool! I can't wait til the boys are big enough to get into the Sum of All Thrills. It looks awesome!

Charles was having a lot of fun in Innoventions! Your boys will love Sum of All Thrills when they are bigger! I can watch Jim Cantore for hours! :rotfl:

I hope that camera turns up soon. I can imagine how devastated a 13 year old would be!

And her mother and her father who had just bought it for her! ;)

I hope these first few days back to school are going smoothly for you!!! :goodvibes

Well, if these last few days were a type of road, I would have to say they most resemble a gravel driveway! Very bumpy! Thanks for thinking of me, though. :goodvibes

joining...

Welcome!

Good gravy, I don't know where I've been. I didn't realize you started. I guess getting ready to go back to school has made my brain fuzzy. Off to catch up!

Welcome! Perfectly understandable! At this point, I feel like I am pretty much operating on auto-pilot. The start of school is wiping me out this year!

What a great update. I am glad you all had such a fun morning together. Who needs a plan?;) I know how Chelsea felt when she couldn't find her camera. I think I loose something at some point on every trip. I hopes she quickly found it so that her day was not ruined.

Thanks! We had a great time that morning! Oh, losing the camera was just devastating to all of us, but there is definitely more to the story coming up!

:lmao::rotfl::rotfl2: You are so right! I promise you half the contents of my bag are Charles' various things! He did tell me that if I would buy a "boy color" bag, he would carry it. LOL! Of course, he would probably still make me stand in the bag check line. :rolleyes:

I don't like things in my pockets, either, so I am not sure how I could ever go bagless.

Ain't that the truth!!!

And I'm right there with you on the poncho. On our first trip I carried our ponchos every.single.day. We did a morning at DHS, took a break, then went back to DHS. I left the ponchos in the room. Guess what happened? Yep...it rained...and I mean it was a gully washer rain! We got soaking wet going from the van to the tram. We had a dinner ADR at 50's PT. I knew I'd be miserably cold with wet clothes so DH and I ended up with new shirts. I couldn't find anything for the girls so they ended up with hoodies :laughing: :laughing: I even ended up buying a light hoodie because I was still cold!

Funny story about the hoodies: I just had the girls take their wet shirts off and wear the hoodies only. I told Hannah that she was NOT to unzip her jacket since she didn't have anything on underneath. Dinner is finished and we're walking along when I see something out of the corner of my eye. Hannah has unzipped her jacket and is flashing everybody that we pass. :eek: I immediately say "Hannah! Zip up your jacket!!" Then I can't help but bust out laughing. :rotfl: :rotfl: I see this couple that are passing us and they're :rotfl: :rotfl: too! LOL

:lmao::rotfl::rotfl2: Okay, that's hilarious about Hannah and her hoodie!!! Poor baby!

We never carry ponchos. Of course you saw where that got us on this trip. :rolleyes:

Love your report so far!

Thank you so much! Welcome!

Finally all caught up! Looks like a nice day in Epcot. Look at Charles requesting what to do! Looking forward to seeing what happens with the camera. Hows school going?

Just wait -- Charles had lots of requests on this trip! :eek:

Lots more to the camera story!

School is wiping me out! I keep waiting for the routine to kick in so that my sanity returns!

Hope your school year is off to a great start!

Thanks! It's been interesting to say the least! I am looking forward to the weekend already if that tells you anything. ;)

Hey Jackie! :wave: Can't wait to get all caught up on your trip. :goodvibes

Hi, Carissa!!! So glad you are here! :goodvibes

Hi :wave2:

I have just read first page. I found you on Princess V's report and can not wait to read more. The Mickey Ice Creams look sooooooo good.

Subscribing :thumbsup2

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter