Where is HOME? OR have you found it yet???

disneycrazi

watch your head and step as you disembark
Interested to know
Do you ONLY stay at one resort....one you fell in love with and won't stay anywhere else
OR
Are you trying different resorts, have a couple you love but trying them all till you decide on your "home" at Disney?
OR do you love them all and it doesn't matter as long as its Disney?

My home resort is POR.

I actually took a savings one year on the 4/3 deal; thinking I had all the amentities at SSR that were at POR. But I was wrong.

I forgot about the incredible staff; the lush landscaping; the food court; the lounge and entertainment.

The only common denominator was that I had boat transportation available at both resorts.

It is going to take a pretty big discount to get me to stay anywhere else.

Interested to know
Do you ONLY stay at one resort....one you fell in love with and won't stay anywhere else
OR
Are you trying different resorts, have a couple you love but trying them all till you decide on your "home" at Disney?
OR do you love them all and it doesn't matter as long as its Disney?

Beach club #1
Wilderness Lodge #2
Port Orleans #3 (on a budget)
Bonnet Creek #4 (off site)

any of the pops or other cheap resorts NEVER! Motel 6's with disney charecters painted on the walls is not us.

We decide on a resort on what type of discount is offered to us. We do have our favorites or favorite "areas" of the resorts we stayed. For example We always had great room location when we stay at CBR & love the tropical overall feel of the resort but I am not the biggest fan of the food court. I enjoy the POP food court & room location has been just OK. We are returning to WDW in June 2014 & hoping to stay at POR. Another factor for us is that if we visit in June I want a resort that have the bus stops covered because of heat & rain storms. If we visit during a cooler season values are just as great. I wish I can take more trips to jump around to more resorts.:banana:

I've got to say after 45+ trips, it's been mostly deluxes... We've found our home... It's based on location and price....WL....

We base this on our favorite park where we will be spending the most time (MK) and we're empty nesters and in our 60's.... I could spend every day in the MK....

We've stayed at ASMo, CSR, CBR, SSR and offsite. I keep going back to the Coronado Springs. I love everything about it. I have great memories from all of the resorts, but when we stay anywhere else, my heart is always at CSR. I'll still keep trying others, though!

Have to say my daughter and I definitely prefer the monorail resorts!!! My son likes WL, POP and YC. My husband likes space so BLT 1bdrm/2bdrm for him. Us girls like monorail first and CL as a bonus. I really dont like to cook and truly enjoy the few times we have had club level! I have stayed at all except BC, BWI, and SS. Have to say which ever resort I am at staying at is then my favorite at that time. I love them all. However Poly would be perfect if they just get to it and put in the hot tub already!!!

Next mom n me girl trip is DD 18th bday staying CS Business class then moving to Poly CL and one night at AOA in mermaid. Yep it will be busy but cant afford Poly at Easter rates so.... do what you have to do.

I've stayed at almost every resort except for CBR and the All Stars. I own DVC and although BCV is my home resort, I've stayed in all of those except BLT.

My favorite overall is BWI, especially if I can stay at the Innkeepers Club. This resort has it all. Great location by my favorite park, the friendliest cast members, great decor, great room views, easy walking distance to most of my favorite restaurants and I even like the clown pool and the bar there !!!

I generally always go on Disney vacations with my fiance, so we like to move around and stay at new resorts, but our first trip together we were at pop. We always like to add one or two nights there to our stay.

Our family can't decide between a few, in this order:

Boardwalk
Fort Wilderness Cabins
Old Key West
All Star Music Family Suites

Price and discounts determine where we stay. Next trip we're trying Bonnet Creek for about 1/6 the price of the Boardwalk. We'll see how we feel about missing the Disney bubble.

My "Home" is Poly :cloud9: I love the monorail, the TS restaurants and QS. Bonus, I LOVE LOVE LOVE Kona Island Sushi Bar and Tambu lounge! The tropical feel, and tiki lit paths are paradise. Their is nothing better than sitting on the beach at any given time and seeing that castle. I have stayed at WL twice(before kids) and I LOVED it there too, but for my family(DS3 and DS8months) the monorail works well with 2 sleeping little ones in a double stroller. I have also stayed at the AKL(3Bedroom Grand Villa) and as beautiful as that room was, the resort was way to big for me...maybe it was the location of our room that made it feel that way, but the Poly holds my heart :love:

We like trying out all of the different resorts! So far we've stayed at GF, Contemporary, the Poly, and have a trip scheduled at the AKL for this December. We have really liked things about each of these resorts (had a major issue with our room at the poly, but it was most likely just something with our specific room and not the resort on the whole). But we haven't stayed anywhere we absolutely have to go back to. Our favorite was probably the MK view at the contemporary. Definitely want to try out one of the Epcot area resorts - what a neat area and how convenient!!

We honeymooned at WL and chose it because we like the theming and the location seemed neat. After having an awesome time there, we still weren't sure we could justify it on our second trip. After waiting five years to go back, we decided WL was the way to go for us again. During our second trip we spent a lot of time exploring other resorts and seeing what they had to offer, and our love for WL grew so much that we booked a bounce back trip there for next year because we love the location, the lake, and it just feels like "home".

We do agree that any Disney resort is special, and I don't think there is anywhere we wouldn't stay, we just might not choose to pay the price for some of them and might choose to upgrade from others. Besides our home at WL, if the deal were right we'd like to stay at POR or AKL sometime, and since we love Epcot staying near there has appeal too. We even like POP, but aren't sure about the Full beds.

Basically, we think we'd enjoy anything Disney but we have found our home to compare to. :thumbsup2

We're nomads. There are certain resorts that we like much better than others, but we also like variety. We try to never stay at the same resort 2 times in a row. Available discounts and pricing will usually determine where we end up, but special occasions give us the excuse to splurge on a deluxe that we haven't had the chance to stay at yet.

I think French Quarter is definitely my fav. In recent years I've only stayed at CSR and POFQ, but I stayed at the other moderates growing up. There's something really fun and charming about POFQ. :goodvibes

For us, home is Contemporary or Bay Lake. Not because we fell in love with the resort itself (although Bay Lake was fabulous!), but because the walkway to MK is amazing for our family. We go to MK a lot and we've had some horrible experiences trying to get out of there at the end of the night (monorails breaking down and boats not running often - we got stuck in the turnstile area for two hours one night), so to be able to just leave and leisurely walk back to our hotel with the kids is an amazing experience.

That being said, I'm open to staying other places and I actually hope to in the future. Grand Floridian after Christmas decorations go up would be my #1 request. I'd also like to try out the Poly, Beach/Yacht Club, etc. But those will probably be when we are older and don't have little kids with us - or when we take a solo adult trip (which was in the cards for this November/December, but the arrival of our newest little one is changing that plan lol!).

It used to be the Poly, then we tried the Beach Club ... and WHAM-O, it became the Beach Club. We also stayed at and loved Port Orleans - Riverside and would happily stay there again. And then on our last trip, we sorta "cheated" on the BC and paid a visit to her classy sister next door and now we're diggin' the YC. Next trip is over at the Contemporary. Uh-oh. :rolleyes1

For the price alone, our "home" has been CBR, mostly because when the good discounts come thru, POR is already booked but that is one I'd try, too. If I could get a good deal, I'd like to try Wilderness Lodge or AKL, but the deals are never good enough to tempt me away from a longer vacation (cheaper room at CBR means more days at WDW).

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter