Where In The World #18. We're an Adult. We're Legal, well for most everything.

Just now returned from Jr. High Awards Day...Redstorm gets a "thumbs up" :thumbsup2 for her 6 awards and she was the only Jr. High student who participated in ALL sports offered by the Athletic Department. :cheer2: But the highlight of the program was a special "Hero's Award" given to the twin boys who were rescued off the rooftop of their grandparents home during the Hill Country flood over Memorial Day weekend. Their Dad did not make the trip so they were the "men" in the family group. Water rapidly filled the first floor so they retreated to the 2nd story only to see water continue to rise...40 FEET of water was the final mark inside the house. They tied bed sheets together and crawled out of a bedroom window. One of them and their mother boosted the other to the house roof where he tied the bed sheets to the fireplace chimney. The other assisted their elderly grandparents (actually older than ME :rotfl:) as they climbed the "rope" followed by their mother. They tied the sheets around one another and sat on the roof ridge for 2 hours during the thunderstorm before being rescued by boat. There was not a dry eye in the cafeteria. :sad1: I can't imagine the fright of their mother! :scared: Two 13 year old young men saved the lives of their family with quick thinking and pure determination. They got a standing ovation as we all passed out the tissues! :cheer2::cheer2::cheer2: :tink:

9f3bb71a-f6ad-473a-8984-f919a5147493_zpsbmpkr39n.jpg

No Ma'am, not from CR or BLT. :tink:

Well, considering I have been to DLR at least 50 days; and not a single day at DWD... I will have no clue.

I can provide crops of DL from the past 45+ years..

Well, considering I have been to DLR at least 50 days; and not a single day at DWD... I will have no clue.

I can provide crops of DL from the past 45+ years..
I am on the opposite side of that picture. I have never been to DL but to add up all of the days going to WDW since it opened the number would be over a year easy.

Just now returned from Jr. High Awards Day...Redstorm gets a "thumbs up" :thumbsup2 for her 6 awards and she was the only Jr. High student who participated in ALL sports offered by the Athletic Department. :cheer2: But the highlight of the program was a special "Hero's Award" given to the twin boys who were rescued off the rooftop of their grandparents home during the Hill Country flood over Memorial Day weekend. Their Dad did not make the trip so they were the "men" in the family group. Water rapidly filled the first floor so they retreated to the 2nd story only to see water continue to rise...40 FEET of water was the final mark inside the house. They tied bed sheets together and crawled out of a bedroom window. One of them and their mother boosted the other to the house roof where he tied the bed sheets to the fireplace chimney. The other assisted their elderly grandparents (actually older than ME :rotfl:) as they climbed the "rope" followed by their mother. They tied the sheets around one another and sat on the roof ridge for 2 hours during the thunderstorm before being rescued by boat. There was not a dry eye in the cafeteria. :sad1: I can't imagine the fright of their mother! :scared: Two 13 year old young men saved the lives of their family with quick thinking and pure determination. They got a standing ovation as we all passed out the tissues! :cheer2::cheer2::cheer2: :tink:

Congrats to Redstorm.:cheer2:

No Ma'am, not from CR or BLT. :tink:

GF?

As a lurker on this thread, I thought you might be interested in a picture of this model of the Tower of the Four Winds. In 2008, to was on the 2nd floor of the Contemporary Resort on a counter opposite from the one you register to go to the California Grill. It was no longer there in January of this year.

14oar6f.jpg

Thanks Diane but the thumbs up today go to those 2 young men...

No Ma'am, not GF either. :tink:

YC or BC?

I was reading the story and needed the tissues:sad1: Couldn't even imagine going through something like that. It's a good thing they were there to help their grandparents get out safely.

As a lurker on this thread, I thought you might be interested in a picture of this model of the Tower of the Four Winds. In 2008, to was on the 2nd floor of the Contemporary Resort on a counter opposite from the one you register to go to the California Grill. It was no longer there in January of this year.

14oar6f.jpg

Thanks for posting the picture. Don't be a lurker, join in and play.

14oar6f.jpg

Thanks for posting the picture. Don't be a lurker, join in and play.

:thumbsup2 Agreed! :tink:

I was reading the story and needed the tissues:sad1: Couldn't even imagine going through something like that. It's a good thing they were there to help their grandparents get out safely.

Can you imagine??? :eek: Their mother had to be "dying a thousand deaths" fearing for them all! :scared1: They STILL haven't found the rest of the members of the 2 families that washed away. The mother's body of the 2nd family was found but her husband and child are still missing along with the mother and 2 children from the family where the Dad survived. BFF's mother (they live in the area) told me Saturday at the dance recital the authorities found their car...running...the next morning. Apparently they were planning on leaving and when the Dad went back in to get the rest the flash flood hit. :sad1: :tink:

A major 7th grade social studies project at BJHS is the year end Wax Museum. Students draw the names of prominent US citizens, research them, do a paper on them and present their character during the Wax Museum. Redstorm's subject was Madam C. J. Walker, the first women to become a millionaire in the US for her hair care products:

IMG_2451_zpsatfvuzjw.jpg

...but one of my favorites was this one...WALT DISNEY:

IMG_2453_zpsaqixerzy.jpg

I actually think the Princess knew just as much about him as the young man portraying him! :rotfl2: :tink:

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter