Where do you get good, inexpensive everyday dishes?

4forMe

DIS Veteran
I do believe it's time to replace my dishes. The set we received for our wedding 18 years ago has seen better days, not to mention some pieces have been broken.

Any suggestions on where I can look for dishes? I'm just looking for plain white dishes and prefer they be made in the U.S.A.

Thanks.

Have you looked at Corelle? They have some nice basic plates and accessories. You might be able to get some at one of their outlet stores. I think they are still made in the US, but I'm not positive. Otherwise, I would suggest checking at Target.

we love our Crate and barrel ones! But I agree with the Fieta ones. Thta way you could pick up some different color mugs or such to have it more festive!!

We too have been married 18 years and we plan on replacing our dishes with Corelle. We had Corelle originally, and loved having them. Good Luck!

I don't know where they are made but we love our solid color Ikea ones. We have a set of brown, gray (kind of a blue tint) and beige. They were $40 a set and so far we are only using half of each set so we have another full set waiting when these get broken or worn out.

Have you looked at Corelle? They have some nice basic plates and accessories. You might be able to get some at one of their outlet stores. I think they are still made in the US, but I'm not positive. Otherwise, I would suggest checking at Target.
:thumbsup2
We too have been married 18 years and we plan on replacing our dishes with Corelle. We had Corelle originally, and loved having them. Good Luck!
:thumbsup2

My wedding dishes are stoneware(pfaltzgraff) and beginning to chip, crack, show marks, etc. I just went out and bought some correlle and the family love, love, love it! They don't even ever want to use the stoneware anymore. I priced it at Target and Walmart and for some reason it's like literally 1/2 the price at Walmart...plus you can buy open stock individual pieces at walmart which is what I wanted, didn't need any cups and saucers.

We love our crate and barrel as well! They're not made in the US, but are made in Poland. I feel like that is a little better than MIC!

Bed Bath and beyond has a simple white 16-piece set (which is so elegant looking) on a special value price so it's only while supplies last and if you have the 20% off coupons you'll get it even cheaper!

Ikea!!! I bought an awesome 18piece set for 14.99 a few months ago. I loved that they had no coffee mugs! Just a bowl, big plate/small plate. I really like them and like the fact that they were not to pricey. I have an 8 yr old that is on dish duty most of the time so I won't cringe if one happens to break/chip and it will be pretty easy to replace.

I think of the brands still made here Fiestaware is the best bet; great range of colors and I've been nothing but happy with the quality. Anchor Hocking is nice as well, but they're glass rather than stoneware and the style/color options are very limited.

Corelle makes the bowls and plates in some patterns in the US, but has moved a lot of their manufacturing overseas so you really have to pay attention to your specific choices if made in the US is important to you.

My everyday dinner plates were the only things that had worn out. A few years ago, I bought a bunch of plain white dinner plates at Walmart, and really like them a lot. They're large and nice and heavy. At the time, I think I paid $1.00/plate. I just checked, and they are made in China, however.

I have always used Corelle, and I LOVE them!!!! The only reason I got new Corelle a few years ago, is because I wanted a new pattern. My dad still uses the same Corelle he had when I was a kid, and believe me, that was a LONG time ago.

I do believe it's time to replace my dishes. The set we received for our wedding 18 years ago has seen better days, not to mention some pieces have been broken.

Any suggestions on where I can look for dishes? I'm just looking for plain white dishes and prefer they be made in the U.S.A.

Thanks.

walmart has them...or if looking to watch costs, try your local Goodwill or thrift shop, they have plenty of sets and they are inexpensive ;)

I have always used Corelle, and I LOVE them!!!! The only reason I got new Corelle a few years ago, is because I wanted a new pattern. My dad still uses the same Corelle he had when I was a kid, and believe me, that was a LONG time ago.

I love them too, they are so sturdy...I actually replaced all my expensive Italian imports for them :rotfl: Though I loved the look of the expensive ones, they weighed a ton and seemed that the dishes would heat rather than the food (in the micro) drove me nuts...Corelle really does last a Long time ;)

I just replaced mine also... Kohl's (online) had a deal going a few months ago... Oneida casual settings - "Souffle" is the design - service for 8 (40 pieces) and I got it all for $32. :banana: Not sure if deal is still on or not, but there are always great coupons for them. When the box got here 2 of pcs were broken. I called them and they immediately sent replacement pcs. Great service!! :thumbsup2

I have Paul Deen dishes - yellow with polka dots. I got mine at Ollie's Bargain Outlet - $39.99 for a 16 piece set!

FREE VACATION PLANNING!

Dreams Unlimited Travel is here to help you plan your ideal Disney vacation, with no additional cost to you. Our Authorized Disney Vacation Planners offer expert advice, answer all your questions, and constantly seek out the best discounts, ensuring you get the most value for your trip. Let us handle the details so you can focus on making magical memories.
CLICK HERE

DIS Tiktok DIS Facebook DIS Twitter DIS youtube DIS Instagram DIS Pinterest