Where do you bathe your dog?

My 105lb golden retriever is TERRIFIED of bat tubs and showers. :( So I hose him down in the summer, and take him to a groomer in the winter.

Bowser gets his bath in the walk-in shower. Sometimes out on the patio but it's honestly easier to wrangle him in the shower :laughing:.

[QUOTE="goofyintoronto, post: My 105lb golden retriever is TERRIFIED of bat tubs and showers. :( So I hose him down in the summer, and take him to a groomer in the winter.[/QUOTE]

105lbs? and here I thought my golden was a big boy at 96 :goodvibes. Ours goes to the groomers

My 115# Great Pyreneese hates to get a bath - when we first got him at 18mo of age, we tried the front yard and a hose, ONCE!
Now we head over to the self serve dog wash in our area that has raised tubs, shampoo in sprayers, towels, dryers, nice long aprons and every cleaning gizmo and gadget one could want!
For the minimal sum of $15 the dog comes out all clean and while we might all be a bit wet, we don't have backaches and mountains of fur to clean up.

At the groomer's every Friday.

Mine hates water so it's just easier to leave it to a professional ;)

She sleeps on the bed when she wants and has free run of the house/furniture so I keep her clean!

Bathed Ms Sophie in the tub this morning - got to get her pretty for Easter :-)

Now that our 5 month old puppy is >50lbs, he has graduated to showers, like our 3 year old dog does. We'll just bring them in the shower with us when we take one, since our shower has two heads (one fixed, one that can be used handheld).

If we're in the countryside and next to a body of fresh water, good luck keeping the dog OUT of the water! Usually they would happily get a good dunking at the end of their walk to get the mud off then onto the lead back to the car.

If it's back at the house, outside with lots of buckets of warm water. There's no way to lift a 90 pound dog into a bath tub without doing your back in haha

[QUOTE="goofyintoronto, post: My 105lb golden retriever is TERRIFIED of bat tubs and showers. :( So I hose him down in the summer, and take him to a groomer in the winter.

105lbs? and here I thought my golden was a big boy at 96 :goodvibes. Ours goes to the groomers[/QUOTE]

Same here our boy is 75 Lbs but, he's only 3 1/2 yrs old.

our 15 pound whippet-type dog (he's a slender dude) gets his own plastic "storage" tote put in the bathtub. he's not a HUGE fan of bath time but he tolerates it.

I have an 11 lbs pomeranian that gets groomed regularly but if he needs a bath in between, we do it in the bathtub. He likes to stand under the faucet. OP, is it a sanitary thing you have a problem with? I don't have a problem with it in the bathtub, but I'd never bathe him in one of our sinks.

For those of you who use the bathtub, how do you keep the fur from clogging the drain?

Smaller dogs in the utility room sink, larger dogs in the shower (we have no tub).

What's the difference in "ick" factor between people who wash their dogs in the tub and washing a baby in the sink? (Any baby I've bathed has less poop/pee control than my dog does, although they are less hairy :D.)

Terri

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter