Where did this heat and all these people come from? The new PTR/TR link 5/7

Great update! I want to one day wander around by myself with no real agenda and notice all those little details.

Definitely easy to do when you are alone (or with another camera happy diser...I think you many know one ;) )

Fun update!
We were in DHS last week and it was so hot. There was no shade to be found anywhere. It felt like the sun was beating directly on us. Good job finding the small tree.

During the middle of the day, the buildings don't create much shade and the trees are quite sparse! that tiny tree brought only sight relief but I alreay had blisters and didn't want to add sunburn to my ailments!

Love your theming pictures of HS and your rule breaking! Can't wait to see the party parade ones...

What can I say...I'm such a rebel! :rolleyes:

Great update, Katie. I love all the "little" details you caputure. With Mark's surgery and rides being limited, I look forward to taking in more of the "little" things this trip. I haven't decided which park is hotter -- the Studios or the AK...both can be brutal.

AK certainly has abundant shade but all that vegetation adds to the humidity! It was a lot of fun to slow down and take it all in!

Cool update Katie....love all of your rule breaking :rotfl2:....sometimes you can see much more when you take the time to look around...and up;)
Very cool picture of the balloon shadow on the ground. :thumbsup2

Tracy

Wandering the backstreets of DHS was one of my goals because we basically speed-walked through them in 2008. The details are true Disney :thumbsup2

I just loved how the balloon colors were cast on the ground :lovestruc

I loved that update....I'm always in such a hurry most days at WDW that I forget to stop and enjoy the moments and details...thanks for the reminder;)

That's how I felt on my previous trip, always rushing onto the next thing. I just wanted to soak it in this time and touring solo makes it SO much easier!

What a fun afternoon! I need to spend more time on the Streets of America. I've never noticed many of those details! Is it LL who searches for a door that opens on the city streets? And is it fact or fiction that some actually do? LL?? Am I nuts?

Don't everyone answer at once...

I :lovestruc Muppets. I hear that the movie hasn't changed at all but the film quality is better. That is always a must see for me. Takes me back to being a kid. But I've never noticed all those cute signs in the shop. Can't wait to go back!! I think I might need that Beaker t-shirt. I'm such a nerd! :upsidedow

:rolleyes1 ;)

I love Muppets too, it was a big bummer it was closed, I guess I'll have to go back!

Great update! Love all the little details that you captured in pictures.

This is a GREAT photo, Katie. I really love it!! It just says Disney to me.

:lmao::rotfl: Yes, Marc & I searched for open doors. Apparently they are unlocked sometimes and you can go in but I have never found one open.

I hadn't heard that before, I wonder if it's intentional :confused3 I would think there is no theming inside except for the windows (I suppose that's the only reason for having doors that actually open) I'm not sure I would have the guts to walk up to them and start turning knobs, at lease not alone...I guess I'm selective about my rule breaking :rotfl2:

We need this for Brooklynn's birthday party in August. :thumbsup2

Don't know why they bother to put up signs if even the finest of Disers are not going to obey. :snooty:

Depending on how many openings my collage frame has, this could be a Disney water features finalist. It's kind of fun. :goodvibes

Thanks for the walk around Hollywood Studios this evening. :thumbsup2

well you know disers, if there is a way around a rule...we're going to figure it out!

I love that fountain, I'm a huge Muppets fan. I was so excited to see them in the MK parade!

Glad you enjoyed!

Uh oh! I can't see any of the pictures with the update! :eek:

Katie I loved reading your update, but like Jackie I didn't get to see any pictures!!!!!

I want to see what rules you broke LOL!!!!!!!!

Fixed now!

Yeay, I can see the pictures now! Fabulous shots on the Streets of America!!! The humor of the Muppets never fails to make me laugh! I have never noticed all those signs in the gift shop!

Great update Katie! LOVE LOVE the picture of the balloon color shadows! It looked like so much fun to wander so much around DHS! I miss so much when we are going from attraction to attraction, it would be really nice just to take my time and find the hidden things!!!:goodvibes

That pic of the balloon shadow is awesome - very cool! :thumbsup2

Love your wandering time, just soaking things in. :cloud9: And the signs in the Muppets shop are too funny.

Yeay, I can see the pictures now! Fabulous shots on the Streets of America!!! The humor of the Muppets never fails to make me laugh! I have never noticed all those signs in the gift shop!

That shop is full of really neat details! There is an area above the cash registers that looks like the muppets dressing rooms (my pictures didn't turn out) Lot's of fun things to explore!

Great update Katie! LOVE LOVE the picture of the balloon color shadows! It looked like so much fun to wander so much around DHS! I miss so much when we are going from attraction to attraction, it would be really nice just to take my time and find the hidden things!!!:goodvibes

the kids are so distracting and you have such a different agenda (hey, you got to meet all the characters, I met very few on this trip and I would have liked to meet woody and buzz but I wasn't willing to stand in line)

That pic of the balloon shadow is awesome - very cool! :thumbsup2

Love your wandering time, just soaking things in. :cloud9: And the signs in the Muppets shop are too funny.

I really liked that shot too :goodvibes

Definitely check them out next time!

You are such a rule breaker! I'm surprised that they didn't ask you to leave the park. ;) I didn't know Muppets was being refurbed.

That shop is full of really neat details! There is an area above the cash registers that looks like the muppets dressing rooms (my pictures didn't turn out) Lot's of fun things to explore!

I do actually have a picture of that. I went looking for it last year.

Great pictures-- love the Muppets. I love all of your shots of the NY area of the park-- it's one of my favorites in Disney just to explore and take everything in.

Katie -

You got some really great photos while you were "breaking the rules". Sometimes I think you can pick out all the details better when you are alone. Everything just sort of "pops" and you see it all. I absolutely love the picture of the balloon shadow on t he street. That is a great shot! Definitely a first!

Day 2 Continued

I followed my ears to find these guys just finishing up

florida2010505.jpg

I love these guys! They're great. :thumbsup2 When we were there for New Year's Eve, this past year, they played 20 minute sets in front of the hat, on the hour, from 8 until midnight! They did a Michael Jackson medley that was fantastic!

I really loved that update!!!! You know why?!?!?!?! Because with Miss Megs, we are usually focused on keeping her happy, I usually never take the time to look around at some of these really neat unheralded treasures you find all over WDW!!!! That was SO great to sit back, and enjoy discovering most of them for the first time through your pictures! Can't wait to see what lies ahead! :)

You are such a rule breaker! I'm surprised that they didn't ask you to leave the park. ;) I didn't know Muppets was being refurbed.

I was solo...who would have sprung me from Mickey jail?!? :eek:

I don't know if it was said here or if I read it somewhere else, the movie and effects are the same but they have digitally redone the movie so it looks better

I do actually have a picture of that. I went looking for it last year.

I was bummed my picture came out fuzzy, it's a really cute area

Great pictures-- love the Muppets. I love all of your shots of the NY area of the park-- it's one of my favorites in Disney just to explore and take everything in.

I've never been to the real thing so I enjoy walking around and checking out the details!

Katie -

You got some really great photos while you were "breaking the rules". Sometimes I think you can pick out all the details better when you are alone. Everything just sort of "pops" and you see it all. I absolutely love the picture of the balloon shadow on t he street. That is a great shot! Definitely a first!

shelby did a good job of stopping when I wanted to take a picture of something but I definitely caught more details when I was alone. I did the same thing in AK before we had our EE meet.

I loved the colors on the ground from the balloons, so happy :goodvibes

I love these guys! They're great. :thumbsup2 When we were there for New Year's Eve, this past year, they played 20 minute sets in front of the hat, on the hour, from 8 until midnight! They did a Michael Jackson medley that was fantastic!

I only caught their final song but they were pretty good. I love MJ, that would have been fun. I'm so bummed I will miss Captain EO! I saw it when I was in high school and remember being blown away (It was my first 3-D movie)

I really loved that update!!!! You know why?!?!?!?! Because with Miss Megs, we are usually focused on keeping her happy, I usually never take the time to look around at some of these really neat unheralded treasures you find all over WDW!!!! That was SO great to sit back, and enjoy discovering most of them for the first time through your pictures! Can't wait to see what lies ahead! :)

I loved taking my boys to Disney and look forward to going with them again but being there without them had an entirely different magic. Nobody to make happy but me. That wandering time was planned, and enjoyed!

Sorry it's taken me awhile to update! The boys finished school a week ago and although we are having a lot of fun, keeping them busy takes me away more than when they are at school. they are doing some activities through Park and Rec as well as fun things together like picnics, bowling and going to the pool.

I wrote a mini update over the last couple days then decided I wanted to do 2 mini ones but I got too tired to finish last night and we have another busy day ahead so I will post the first one now and hopefully finish the second tonight

Day 2, still continued

Alrighty, where were we….

I was crouched under a TINY tree on the side of Hollywood Blvd, sweat still dripping down my back but I had one important date left before heading out of DHS, so let the party begin!

florida2010542.jpg

The toys passed by

florida2010546.jpg

florida2010547.jpg

And this hairy fellow stopped in front of me

florida2010553.jpg

There were some acrobats (I love these guys…so talented!)

florida2010570.jpg

And some scooters

florida2010575.jpg

And a whole lot of dancing!

florida2010579.jpg

After the party, I hopped the bus and headed back to CSR. I of course had to check into my new room and pick up my luggage. Bell services gave me a lift in one of their carts. As we were heading off, a lady at the Laguna Bar asked for a lift. She was carrying a large tray brimming with delicious looking drinks to share with her friends at the pool. Unfortunately, in the heat of the afternoon, the drinks were sweating profusely and the cardboard tray was not holding up very well (I offered to take one of the daiquiris off her hands but she didn’t take me up on it). Our driver took a corner a bit sharply and a couple of her drinks went all over the ground…what abuse of good alcohol!

The gentleman dropped me off and pointed me in the right direction and I trudged up to my new room

florida2010592.jpg

And a much improved view from the previous room!!!

florida2010594.jpg

I worried for a moment about the potential noise of being just above the pool and around the corner from the elevator but it turned out to be no issue at all and I loved my new location!!! I went inside and took a few more pictures of the room

florida2010587.jpg

Hidden Mickeys on the bed

florida2010588.jpg

And on the bathroom mirror

florida2010591.jpg

I did notice this room wasn’t quite as clean as the first. There was a bit of glitter and “fuzzies” on the carpet in the bathroom area that stayed there all week (Shelby happened to be in the room one day when mousekeeping came by and she said they didn’t vacuum at all in that area) There was also a fair amount of fingerprints and smudges on the wood surfaces like the TV stand/dresser and especially on the desk. It really was pretty gross!

I took a quick shower and changed into different clothes. I decided to call housekeeping services and mention the fingerprints because I didn’t even want to touch those surfaces. The guy who answered said there was a supervisor in the area and asked if he could have her stop by. I said yes but within a few minutes, Shelby was texting me saying she was at the airport and waiting on ME. I had promised to meet her at the bus stop so I headed that way assuming the woman would let herself in. Unfortunately, she did not do this (and Shelby took much longer than I anticipated, I should have stuck around!) She did call and leave a message to call back but we just didn’t find a good time and those gross smudges were still there when we checked out a week later. This was really my only real complaint about CSR.

I did take a few more pictures of the resort as I made my way back to El Centro. This is the courtyard of (I think) Casitas 2

florida2010607.jpg

And this is Casitas 1…so pretty!

florida2010609.jpg

florida2010610.jpg

florida2010614.jpg

There is a small seating alcove just outside of the Pepper Market. I never got a chance to relax here but it would be a really quiet place to sit with a drink and a book

florida2010615.jpg

And there was a hallway inside lined with these lights that I just loved!

florida2010618.jpg

Finally Shelby arrived and we had a bit of a rush to drop off her bag in the room then back to the front to grab a taxi to our dinner spot so I don’t have any pictures of her arrival but I do have pictures from dinner coming up next

Great Block Party pics Katie! Fun to see the other float, we were right by the Toy Story one and never saw the inside of the Monsters Inc. one! It's a great parade, VERY high energy! CSR looks so beautiful!! Those fountains are gorgeous!! The updated rooms look so nice there too!!! Looking forward to more!!!!!!

That's too bad about the smudges and such in your room. You think that housekeeping would have just let themselves in, weird.

Shelby has arrived! :banana:

Ewww to the smudges that is not good! I like to have a clean room when I'm on vacation! At least you didn't let it get to you too much!!

Great pictures of the parade...looks like a lot of fun!!

YAY for the arrival of Shelby Can't wait to hear all about your dinner plans!

Katie, nice update. Sorry about the smudges...that would bother me too (I keep reading how mousekeeping is going downhill at just about every resort :sad2:). That is a MUCH better veiw; we had a view like that one of our stays in Casitas 4 -- love it.

How odd that mousekeeping didn't just let themselves in, and odder still that they never cleaned it even after it was brought to their attention :sad2:

Great parade pics!

Love the pics of your room. Sorry it wasn't that clean. I have heard that many times before here on the Dis. I stayed at Pop last year and ours rooms were clean or else I would have complained. Wonder why they didn't let themselves in.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter