Where are you staying on your next Disneyland Trip and Why?

Stanford Inn & Suites again, this time in a 2 bedroom/2 bathroom suite. We stayed there during part of our last trip and felt like it was an excellent value.

It is probably outside of the walking bubble for a lot of people, but the ART stop is right out front or you can walk to the Toy Story lot. Parking is free and there is free breakfast and the rate is still lower than similar options for a family of 6.

Best Western Park Place Inn, because it is across the street and has free breakfast. I'd like to stay on property but won't be able to swing it this time. I'm going in the beginning of June.

We're doing two nights off site so far (trying to clear one more waitlist!) then 4 nights in a studio at GCV in June. Off site I currently have two rooms booked Tropicana Inn in a King because we really liked it last August and Best Western Plus Pavilians because it was the cheapest walking distance hotel I could find - which was important back when all 6 nights were off site but is slowly becoming less important.

We are going for a split visit at Christmas. December 21-23 in the parks and then travelling to Yuma to spend a week with my sister and back to Disneyland for New Years eve and a couple more days. I have booked and cancelled the Hilton.Great rate but hubby wants to be closer. I have reservations now for the DI&S, but I am reading that the beds are rock hard. I would be crippled. I liked the beds at PVI but they do not have those dates available yet. I am concerned that they may begin construction once the pedestrian bridge is approved. BWPPI was okay on our last visit but the beds were just passable for comfort, and their prices are crazy. I like to book everything early and start paying it off but things are not going my way. Any rec's for places close to the crosswalk on Harbor with soft beds.

We're staying at the Embassy Suites South because

- I can use my Hilton points to pay and if you pay with points you get the 5th night free
- Free breakfast including omelette station - two 14 year olds can EAT! They are bottomless pits. Plus 2 adults - I think this will easily save us $50/day
- 2 room suite so we can spread out a bit including dining table, fridge and microwave
- sofa bed in separate room so my nephew can have his own space - we ladies have him outnumbered 3 to 1 on this trip
- shuttle service every half hour from in front of the hotel (there is a fee but it seems minimal)
- walking distance to several stores and restaurants - any recommendations?
- they will hold our bags on the last day as our flight is not until 9pm (this was an issue when we wanted to use an airbnb on a trip to Nashville)
- full service restaurant that's open every night until 11:30pm

shuttle service every half hour from in front of the hotel (there is a fee but it seems minimal)
It may be cheaper to take an Uber. Uber will be about $5 for as many as you can fit in the car vs. the shuttle which will charge per person. Just something to look into.
walking distance to several stores and restaurants - any recommendations?
It is surrounded by chain restaurants. I don't have any that I particularly recommend, but you'll have no problem finding something for everyone. Walgreens and Target are also very close and great places to pick up some food items to keep in your room and maybe take to the parks.

It may be cheaper to take an Uber. Uber will be about $5 for as many as you can fit in the car vs. the shuttle which will charge per person. Just something to look into.

Is it far enough for an uber? I'd love to take one and save on the walking since we'll be walking our butts off in the parks but I stayed there once before (we had a car and drove over) and I thought it was only about 1 mile... If Uber is an option we'll probably do that.

It is surrounded by chain restaurants. I don't have any that I particularly recommend, but you'll have no problem finding something for everyone. Walgreens and Target are also very close and great places to pick up some food items to keep in your room and maybe take to the parks.

We didn't get to explore the area much last time but this trip 5 days so we'll be eating both in and out of the parks. I saw Target on the map - we'll be stocking up on bottled water and snacks for sure. Thanks!

Is it far enough for an uber? I'd love to take one and save on the walking since we'll be walking our butts off in the parks but I stayed there once before (we had a car and drove over) and I thought it was only about 1 mile... If Uber is an option we'll probably do that.
It is about 1.5 miles. The walk to Disneyland is pretty easy. The walk back after a whole day of walking in the parks, not as easy, lol. $5 is the minimum charge for Uber. It may be worth it some of the time.

We stayed at the Tropicana last week. We were trying to do a budget trip and I got an excellent rate ($129 for Friday night and $99 each for Saturday and Sunday). Since we only had one of our adult sons with us, we were able to fit into a room with two queens. Usually we bring both boys and we need an extra bed or a sofa bed.

The hotel was ok. Nothing special, but serviceable. I would stay there again if the price was right.

My favorite Harbor hotel is the Best Western Park Place Inn. We stayed there last year with both of our boys so one could have the sofa bed. The room was very clean and we enjoyed the breakfast next door.

On our April trip we are staying totally offsite because rates are NUTS and I am out of DVC points. :blush: We are doing a split stay between 2 Hampton Inns; one in Seal Beach for our non-Disney days and then the one in Cypress for our Disney days. Its about 5 miles away and has free parking and breakfast.

For our July trip we are staying 4 nights by the beach and 4 nights at the GCV. :cloud9:

we will be tehre june 4th-9th and staying at the quality inn on manchester. i've got a 2 room suite with bunk beds and 2 bathrooms reserved. I really need the 2 bathrooms for my family of 6 and we get a discount through my insurance company!

Staying for 4 nights at Best Western Park Place Inn May 25th- May 29th as our pass expires May 28th. I was informed recently I had points accrued via a certification program through Lexus so the stay was booked paid using points , score!

I'm a single mom and I've taken DS 4 times in the past 5 years and our next trip is booked for November. We always stay where I can get the best deal. For the most part, we've always been comfortable and I've never felt unsafe. The only time we stayed somewhere I would not return was the Riviera Motel on Katella. There was no hot water, no place to hang clothes, no table lamps, no pictures or wall decorations, and I had to beg for each towel or wash cloth. We had a fantastic trip, but wow!! that place was the most basic accommodations I have ever experienced :)

We stayed there one trip years ago. It was only one night. It was definitely the most uncomfortable motel we've stayed at in Anaheim. I will say they were friendly and obviously a small family owned business. We arrived early in the morning, my mother in law met us there, they allowed her to park her car for free too. We all walked to the park and were gone the entire day. We crashed that night, but husband and I had to switch beds because the first one we picked was so awful you could feel the springs. DD was only 1, so she was in her playpen and mother in law didn't stay with us. We went to the parks the next day and left our car until about 9PM with no problems. So we really only slept and showered there, but it was a bit of an eye opener for booking hotels. It was only our second stay with our first set of APs, and we'd learned that if the price is super cheap it's probably not worth it. I try to get deals for around $100/night now, not looking at the $50 cheap rooms because I know they're not comfortable. We have gotten deals around $80 a night at some places (a few years ago, I think that's in the past now), but they were always chains or highly recommended on Disney forums so we knew the places were alright.

Anyone stayed at either of these-I've booked both and can't decide which to keep :)
Hubby is a snorer so he needs his own room....
Booked residence inn convention centre kids suite and booked residence inn family suite placentia Fullerton (which is $400 cheaper)
Thoughts?

Staying at Hojo this June because we love the beds, the gift shop, the pool and waterpark, the décor and landscaping, and how clean it is. Love Mimi's Café next door. A trip to Disneyland wouldn't be the same if we stayed somewhere else. My husband loves to get the little splits of Champagne in the gift shop!

Midnightred

We are staying at the Quailty Inn behind the Hojo. It could use a remodel but it isn't horrible the last two times we have been able to get a room for $100 or under. Great place to rest your head and the beds are not bad either. Can't beat the walk just add an extra 2 minutes to the hojo time.

We are staying at the Convention Center Marriott because we are going for a cheer competition which requires us to book through this company, which has a block of rooms at certain hotels.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter