When you call, do the cms ever get mad?

I thought this was kind of "big brother" like. I called WDW reservations the other night - to change the date on a package and while I was at it I lamented to the CM that I never get a pin. He responded that the only one out now was for free QS and based on my prior dining habits, that wouldn't suit me anyhow.

He knew every adr I made and cancelled, where we ate the last trip, what trips I saved - he even teased me saying "I see you priced out a value resort in with all those deluxes to see if that triggered a pin". I wasn't the least bit offended, it was very teasing nature - he was super. But he did say the amount of info he could see was amazing but all for marketing purposes. I then said "well no wonder I never get a pin, they figure if I stay at a deluxe club level, a pin won't do much for me but save me money, I won't be upspending to go anywhere else". He then said there are pins dedicated to rewarding loyal customers.

We ended the call with him assuring me Disney will have a new pin quite soon - it is in the works.....I am sur eI won't be getting it though!!!:rotfl2:

I will be one of the first people to lodge a complaint when it is justified, however, a burnt out light bulb nor improperly functioning tv is not a justifiable complaint.
Yes, a burned out light bulb or a broken TV is a justifiable complaint. I think that the person who wrote that piece was one of the people who picks up the "Operator" and "Front Desk" calls from the room phones and she is the correct person to complain to about minor problems. Should people get a refund for a burned out bulb or a non-functioning TV? I guess I would say that it depends. If the complaint was lodged and nothing was done for a couple of days then I would lean toward some kind of compensation. It can be annoying to make a complaint again and again and not have it fixed. In that case, the damages come from the lack of response and not the initial mechanical problem.

Of course she should not have been rude to you for asking about a future discount (even though we all know the DIS is the best source for discounts ;)) However, I have to say that I am more concerned about the amount of information she had at her finger tips than the scolding! The fact that she knew about your saved trips and who ofter your kids have played games and music is downright scary :scared1:!

This has been a concern of mine for some time now, in fact, I posted a couple of years ago about Disney and privacy issues.

I was mistakedly given a sheet ( by a novice CM a checkin) a couple of years ago and I was astounded at the info they had on me. Stuff that should have been none of their concern.

I'm not trying to hide anything but I really want to know how they knew and why they even wanted to know that in 2006 some friends of ours booked a trip on the same dates as ours.

It clarified the mystery as to how I got a pin code with her name sent to my address a year later which truly baffled me at the time. It was an entirely different reservation...they booked through a travel agent and I booked online. Neither of us mentioned we were traveling together yet it was on there! It kind of freaked me out. :scared1:

What gets me is how they can know all of that - linking so much information together - yet they can't attach my ADRs to my resorts res in one clean spot online. :confused3

What gets me is how they can know all of that - linking so much information together - yet they can't attach my ADRs to my resorts res in one clean spot online. :confused3

I know huh? They can have all that info.. but they can't do some of the most basic stuff.

Crazy.

Wow! Guess I never realized they had access to all that info!
I didn't either. And I was just essentially called paranoid on another thread when I said I was uncomfortable showing Disney my DD's birth certificate for her "Give a Day, Get a Day" fastpass. Considering all the info that Disney keeps, I wouldn't be surprised it they take down the name of the doctor that delivered her!

Very interesting... I would say cable and a burned out bulb is justifiable. Not worth a refund on a room. Especially if you're reasoning is because you couldn't put your make up on... if you tripped and fell in the dark and broke your arm... yes. Make up... no. I did however, crack up at the man saying he didn't spend $5000 to to come to WDW and not watch cable! :rotfl2:
I will agree though that we, as Americans, have become a little inconsiderate. We talk about it here all the time... line jumping, pushing, running people over with strollers. I've seen my share of snips in the World. We're a little self-centered at times. Especially at Disney. People act like they spent a fortune to be here and it's their vacation and no one else's vacation matters. It's sad. :sad2:

These stories scare me, all of them!:scared1:

I have to say that I'm an American and I'm not rude or demanding! I try to be nice and considerate to those around me whether I'm at Walmart, work or Disney World!

The phrase my husband and I say to our kids all the time is "think of others". It's short and sweet and they're probably tired of it but it should never be forgotten! "THINK OF OTHERS!"

Sorry but as far as I can read the article came from an American.:lmao:
(It was nothing I made up myself)
His name is Elliot. Maybe you could send him a mail with your concerns?

And just for laughs.[/B]

:)
I don't think it matters where the author is from. It is still ridiculous, and it's still a sweeping generalization. People can't be painted with the same paintbrush...unless they're loud cheerleaders at a WDW resort, of course. :rotfl:

Seriously...I think it's silly to say that one group of people are inconsiderate and demanding. Some people are polite. Some people are rude. It's all in how they were raised and how they perceive themselves. It does not have anything to do with where they were raised. I've been many places and have encountered both ends of the manners spectrum--no matter where I have visited.

The whole Kali River Rapids complaint...:rotfl2: I'm going to go out on a limb and guess that she was wearing a tank top with no sunscreen.

I have never had a CM get mad or impatient with me anytime that I called. I have had some that were new to the job, and had trouble answering the questions, but I just politely hung up the phone and called back. :thumbsup2

When you call, do the cms ever get mad?

Not I. The friendliest folks I’ve talked to that were working phones have been the Disney people. Some really genuinely seem to like their job. I usually end my conversations when I know someone is working with, “Have a nice day when you get out of there.” I’ve had a CM laugh and say, “Oh no, this is fun – I make dreams come true.” princess:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter