When will 2011 sailings be released?

My TA said the same thing. While we were on the Magic over Thanksgiving, our head waiter said the first of the new ships would be sailing by the end of 2010. I considered then I might change my Oct 2010 date to the new ship.

He added that they would be moving 30% of staff from the Magic and 30% from the Wonder to the new ship. He said service would suffer on the older ships if they took more than that.

If you rebook onboard and later change to a different date, you pay whatever the going rate is for the new date minus your 10% discount. Either way you haven't paid in full, just the deposit which would transfer along with your new date.

If you decide to cancel completely, you get your deposit back but then lose any onboard perks if you decide to call back and book again. I would never completely cancel a cruise that was booked onboard. You can always change the dates 50 times if you like. Of course, DCL is holding your deposit all the while.
just be careful. The wait staff are notorious for "giving the inside scoop" and actually having no idea what their are talking about.

unless you know something you aren't sharing, I wouldn't count on San Diego. The harbor is pretty small and can't be made bigger (unless the Navy wants to give up some of their big ship parking places). There are some ships that sail out of the two slips there.

Just my opinion after being there recently

San Diego's cruise ship docks are plenty big for a Magic/Wonder sized vessel. The Celebrity Millenium (91 KTons versus the Magic's 83 KTons) has moored there several times. And the harbor is plenty deep, some pretty hefty carriers are stationed at North Island (as can be seen in Soarin' Over California :)).

San Diego's cruise ship docks are plenty big for a Magic/Wonder sized vessel. The Celebrity Millenium (91 KTons versus the Magic's 83 KTons) has moored there several times. And the harbor is plenty deep, some pretty hefty carriers are stationed at North Island (as can be seen in Soarin' Over California :)).
You are right. I was just assuming that the deepest water areas were for the Navy (and their big ol' ships). I am going to take a look at the cruise ship schedule to see if there is room in the schedule (which could change if a ship drops out). Do you agree that in keeping with DCL being "family friendly" , sailings would be on the weekends?

You are right. I was just assuming that the deepest water areas were for the Navy (and their big ol' ships). I am going to take a look at the cruise ship schedule to see if there is room in the schedule (which could change if a ship drops out). Do you agree that in keeping with DCL being "family friendly" , sailings would be on the weekends?

DCL would try to go for Saturdays.

Now remember whilst I was posting about this since early January, it could be a 'ploy' by DCL to get the best deal it can, like Tampa vs PC a few years back, they were able to get a great deal and also get out of the minimum calls at PC, hence the Baltic cruises.

But San Diego would give a little extra chance of Hawaii as the ships could make a quick call in Mexico first.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!