When was Polynesian-TTC walkway constructed?

sotoalf

DIS Veteran
I wanted to find out when the walkway b/w the Poly and TTC was built. When I first stayed at the Polynesian in 1987 it ws already there, so I wondered whether the path was built with the last longhouses (Rapa Nui and Tahiti) or did the path always exist?

I've wondered when it was built, too. I'm almost sure it wasn't always there. I have an old postcard when Tokelau had been constructed but not the last two and I don't see the walkway.

We first stayed at the Polynesian in 1983 and I don't think it was there then. I'll have to ask my husband if he remembers.

THe original construction had a putting green where the East Pool (aka Quiet Pool) is now and there were no paths beyond that point. In 1978 Tokelau was built and there still was a path from the buildings that the Neverland Club and Arcade are in now over to the TTC but it is not the path that is there now. That path was put in during the 1985 construction of Tahiti and Rapa Nui.

Aloha

Steve

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter