When to go??

Discussion in 'Disney World Tips' started by disney_for_life, Jun 11, 2006.

1. disney_for_life

disney_for_life Mouseketeer

I know that this question has probably been asked a dozen times, but I am starting to plan my Disney World vacation :woohoo: and I was wondering when a good time to go to Disney World would be? Is there even such a thing as a down time in Disney when the parks are not as crowded? My husband and I were thinking about maybe mid to late October or the biginning of December or mid to late January. Any help would be greatly appreciated. :) Thank You!!

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. byoung

byoung <font color=coral>You are keeping us alive<br><br>

Oct good time to go. Mid Dec crowds are low.

4. Mousemom

Mousemom DIS Veteran

It also depends on whether you want to go during a warmer time when you can enjoy the water parks. We have been the first part of December and it was great . Crowds were really low and weather was pleasant. The parks were decorated for Christmas and were beautiful. There was one day that we did get to go to the water park, most days were a bit to chilly to enjoy the water. We also like May. Crowds are manageable and the weather is wonderful.

5. Amirah95

Amirah95 I'm ALLLLLLMOST there!

First two weeks of May. :)

6. Cdn Friends of Pooh

Cdn Friends of Pooh Certified Mousejunkie

October is good.

7. belle&beast

belle&beast DIS Veteran

We have gone in January because of DH's job- it is the best time for him to get away. We have never waited more than 20 minutes for rides and the weather has been great- cool for some high 60's low 70's- but warm for us in January! We have not used pools or waterparks becuse it has been a little chilly for them IMO, but other people swim and go to the water parks! This is also the time for refurbishment of rides, but it has not affected us at all- we know we will be back! Rates are good at this time of year, too. Have a great trip whenever you choose to go!

8. Laurajean1014

Laurajean1014 <font color=blue>WISH Biggest Loser/Blue Team<br><

All of these times are good times to go. My favorite time is late October, early November. The crowds are not bad at all and the weather is perfect.

I've never been in January, but many say it's a good time to go. However, on another thread, January was nearly sold out (this past one) due to the all the incentives and aka - slow time - it was packed (according to another thread).

9. madison66

madison66 Mouseketeer