When does Disney bring out the sign ups for Disney Culinary/College programs?

Cicero10

Mouseketeer
When do they come out, and how long does each one last program last for (2 months? 10 months?) and How long after they release the sign ups do the CPers and Culinary Programmers go to Disney World or Disneyland ? Like for the spring advantage program (or whatever it is) do they release it in February and then you have to go to Disney world in April or may?

I'm not an expert on this, and the process for the college program is much different, but I think it really just depends on what they need for the culinary program. I interviewed and was accepted into the culinary program in January, and I arrive August 19th. I know of a lot of people though with the same arrival that interviewed late June, so it really just depends. Length of program differs also. On the website it says that they are up to 6 months. When I did my phone interview I was told the longest they were offering was 4 months, then my offer was for 3 months. I believe the college program runs quite differently so unfortunately I can't help you there. Good luck!

I'm not an expert on this, and the process for the college program is much different, but I think it really just depends on what they need for the culinary program. I interviewed and was accepted into the culinary program in January, and I arrive August 19th. I know of a lot of people though with the same arrival that interviewed late June, so it really just depends. Length of program differs also. On the website it says that they are up to 6 months. When I did my phone interview I was told the longest they were offering was 4 months, then my offer was for 3 months. I believe the college program runs quite differently so unfortunately I can't help you there. Good luck!

What questions did they ask you for the culinary phone interview?

Here is a link to an article on their blog that has a chart for the various time frames. The text in the article details when they recruit for them.

https://disneyprogramsblog.com/what...m-start-dates-for-the-disney-college-program/

Culinary is a different ball of wax. From what I have gathered, they don't have large set program timeframes like the College Program. They sorta go along with how culinary schools are set up.

A friend of mine went to CIA and his classes changed about every 6 - 8 weeks. Then he had to do an externship in order to graduate. He did his at Disney and worked Food and Wine at Epcot. He was only down there for pretty much the duration of Food and Wine. His time didn't really line up with those who were on the College Program.

Here is a link to an article on their blog that has a chart for the various time frames. The text in the article details when they recruit for them.

https://disneyprogramsblog.com/what-are-the-application-deadlines-and-program-start-dates-for-the-disney-college-program/

Culinary is a different ball of wax. From what I have gathered, they don't have large set program timeframes like the College Program. They sorta go along with how culinary schools are set up.

A friend of mine went to CIA and his classes changed about every 6 - 8 weeks. Then he had to do an externship in order to graduate. He did his at Disney and worked Food and Wine at Epcot. He was only down there for pretty much the duration of Food and Wine. His time didn't really line up with those who were on the College Program.

That sucks :( Can you not receive an extension? I was really hoping to do it for like, 6-9 months.

Also the link didn't work for me.

I know it's possible to extend because I knew a few culinary kids that did. I don't know how the process works for culinary and how long you can extend for, though.

What questions did they ask you for the culinary phone interview?

They pretty much went through different kitchen stations and gave me ingredients to use for each. First he asked me what foods were in season, then he picked one and asked how I would make a side with it. He then said I had any ingredients I wanted, and told me to describe what main entree salad I would make. He then gave me different meats and asked what sauce I would serve with each. The hardest part of the interview was the baskets. He asked me to pick a number and then he gave me the ingredients that was in that "basket". He told me each "basket" was straight off the tv show Chopped. He asked what I would make as a main entree using all the ingredients. My ingredients were shrimp, olives, turnips, and beef jerky. I think this question may be used more to determine skill level though just to see what location would fit best.

He asked where I saw myself working, and what my goals were, but there weren't any questions that you normally hear in a non-culinary interview. It was with Chef Pauli who is head of Culinary Program recruiting. He's nice but straight to business and it's hard to get a read on him, and he didn't like when I took too long to answer a question. Just be very honest about your experience and knowledge. It's better to admit you don't know something but want to learn than to appear cocky then give a bad answer. Good luck and if there's anything else I can help you with let me know!

They pretty much went through different kitchen stations and gave me ingredients to use for each. First he asked me what foods were in season, then he picked one and asked how I would make a side with it. He then said I had any ingredients I wanted, and told me to describe what main entree salad I would make. He then gave me different meats and asked what sauce I would serve with each. The hardest part of the interview was the baskets. He asked me to pick a number and then he gave me the ingredients that was in that "basket". He told me each "basket" was straight off the tv show Chopped. He asked what I would make as a main entree using all the ingredients. My ingredients were shrimp, olives, turnips, and beef jerky. I think this question may be used more to determine skill level though just to see what location would fit best.

He asked where I saw myself working, and what my goals were, but there weren't any questions that you normally hear in a non-culinary interview. It was with Chef Pauli who is head of Culinary Program recruiting. He's nice but straight to business and it's hard to get a read on him, and he didn't like when I took too long to answer a question. Just be very honest about your experience and knowledge. It's better to admit you don't know something but want to learn than to appear cocky then give a bad answer. Good luck and if there's anything else I can help you with let me know!

With all the questions did he give you time to think on every question or did you have to know it in an instant?

Whenever I watch chopped I always try to think what I'd do with each basket haha but the choices he gave you were hard!

This is a petty question, but it's annoying me so much. What do you mean by:

"there weren't any questions that you normally hear in a non-culinary interview"

Are you saying that all the questions that were asked were normal in a culinary interview?

That sucks :( Can you not receive an extension? I was really hoping to do it for like, 6-9 months.

Also the link didn't work for me.

There really isn't a set time for the duration of the culinary program. It will vary. You just can't do it for more than a year (same rule as the College Program/Professional Internships).

Their blog is disneyprogramsblog.com. You can get to the article over on the right side in the list of popular articles.

The URL is long and disboards truncates long URL's, but I clicked on the link in my first post and it worked. You just can't copy and paste it.

I'm in the culinary program and I am here for about four months and I can extend if they need more help.

Oh wow that's good!

Is there any way you could message me? I have a few questions I would like to ask about the program from someone doing th culinary program

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter