• 3-6 months

• 6-9 months

• 9-12 months

• 12-15 months

• 15-18 months

• 18-24 months

• more than 2 years

Results are only viewable after voting.
I've been planning a trip since we took the first one -- stuff I meant to do that time we didn't get to, along with stuff I knew we wouldn't get to that I pushed to the "next trip" column before we ever got there. :p We plan on going every two years but so far our average is higher than that. ;)

I plan about 2 years out. It takes me that long to convince DH to go to WDW again! We go December this year, and we are already talking about a Disney Cruise in June 2014 for DS's high school graduation. It's never too early to start planning a Disney vacation!!

I am planning 2014 and 2015 trips right now. By planning, I mostly mean researching resorts and getting an idea of where we might want to stay. In two years we are staying off property for a family reunion. In three years, we will be back on property.

I noticed a lot of different threads talking about 2013 vacations and it got me thinking. When does everyone usually start planning your next trip?

I always know we are going but don't actually plan until the discounts come out. But have done many last minute weekend back before the kids were born

I know it's different for everybody because of location (especially) and budget, too.

We come from the west coast, and since the expense is great we plan as far ahead as possible to be able to afford to go every few (3-4-5) years. With hope of targeting a particular month and year, we often try to book room only res as soon as they become available, then look for any discounts as they come out. Not easy to plan that far ahead and wish we didn't have to...but it's always worth it when we get there! :goodvibes

Go once a year (usually Summer). Normally start planning as soon as we return from a trip. This year two booked at once as they are a little closer together.

I am planning 2014 and 2015 trips right now. By planning, I mostly mean researching resorts and getting an idea of where we might want to stay.

By that definition of "planning", we're already planning our 2021 visit. :teeth: Hubby's agreed that, the year of WDW's 50th anniversary, the two of us will be staying DVC, likely Bay Lake Towers (unless they've built something else we prefer between now and then ;) ), and he'll actually join me for some TS and character meals. He has no sense of smell and does not get excited about restaurant food, meaning I eat out far more with the kids than I do with him, so I'm kind of excited about that. :cool1:

When staying at Fort Wilderness at holiday times you have to book a year in advance. Now on off times you can book closer to your trip.

When we have enough money saved up we will have DU book our WDW vacation for us, usually a year our more out. One of the many reasons we love using DU is because they continue checking for special deals put out by WDW after booking and will apply it to our reservation. So we won't lose out on them. One year we were hoping for free dining but we were a couple of weeks past the original dates given. When WDW extended the free dining through the dates we were there our DU agent got them for us.

I am always planning a trip no matter how far away the next trip is. When I come home, thinking about our next trip helps me with my Disney blues.

On the plane trip home is when we pick the resort for the following years vacation. We will then call Disney Reservations two days after we return to book that vacation. I think we have a problem.....:rotfl2:

We are always planning trips. We are currently planning out our June 2013 trip to DLR, and since this is our first time to the West Coast parks, I have been doing a lot of reading and note taking for it. We also know our resort we want to stay at and about the the time of year we are going for our 2014 trip (in WDW). We are like others here, the moment we are on the ME bus back to MCO we are already talking and planning out our next trip...it really helps take the sting out of going home :goodvibes.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter