• 9-12 months

• 12-15 months

• 15-18 months

• 18-24 months

• more than 2 years

Results are only viewable after voting.

wdw lifer

Earning My Ears
I noticed a lot of different threads talking about 2013 vacations and it got me thinking. When does everyone usually start planning your next trip?

I always know we are going but dont actually plan until the discounts come out. But have done many last minute weekend back before the kids were born

wdw lifer said:
I noticed a lot of different threads talking about 2013 vacations and it got me thinking. When does everyone usually start planning your next trip?

I always know we are going but dont actually plan until the discounts come out. But have done many last minute weekend back before the kids were born

Lately it seems, we've been planning a trip ahead...for instance, were planning our 2013 trip and we still have a trip in 2012 about a month away! And the planning really starts in earnest as we pull out of the parking lot on the way home!

Sent from my HTC HERO CM7.1 using the DISBoards App

This coming trip (Nov 2013) is our first trip we have planned way ahead! We booked our March trip in December and our August trip in May/June.

We start planning just as we are finishing our current trip. We always have something to look forward to. It also helps with the Disney blues!

I am constantly thinking of future trips and where we will still when, but we usually book anywhere between 6-12 months out; although for 2013, I booked our July Disney cruise in March. Then, once the 2013 resort rates came out, I booked our resort stays for before and after the cruise.

I clicked "15 to 18" but it was more like 12-15 now that I think about it. I started really in August 2012 for October 2013.

I start planning the next trip before we leave the hotel! We have been soooo lucky the last few years and have gotten great bounce back deals! Leaving does not make me sad if I know I have the next trip on the books!

Around 15 months. I started my plans for our upcoming February trip on Christmas Day last year.

I picked 9 to 12. Our first trip I planned 3 months out, but I had some extra money I don't usually have. Our next trip I booked 9 months out after 3 months of pre-planning (deciding on resort, dining plan, etc.). That trip was in June 2012. Planning for May 2013 now and will probably officially book at the end of the month. That's when the plane tickets will become available on our favorite airline.

I am also planning for Disney Land in the next couple of years. We live on the East Coast, but there are some things there we want to do that WDW doesn't have. We'll probably only go once though so I'm waiting until my son is tall enough to do everything in Cars Land.

We always start planning our next trip on the drive home from our current trip.:thumbsup2 We never go more than a month or so without a reservation, even if it changes a ton of times. That way we avoid the post trip depression.

I start planning as soon as we decide to go. Generally that is in the 6-12 month range.

But right now, I am already in the early planning stages of our June 2015 trip which will be the next trip we take after the one later this month!

Nothing concrete, just thinking about what resorts we will do (hoping for a POR/YC split stay in honor of dd's high school graduation).

Sometimes we plan our trips a year in advance, others like this upcoming one was planned about six and half months out.

I am always planning...often with a trip being planned before a current one has even been taken...so I don't start, because I never stop. :rotfl2:

We go twice a year, and always have next trip planned. We hope to book our August trip in January if we get a room % BB offer during our stay. If not then we'll wait for discounts to come out, or book using AAA room only discount, then wait for WDW discounts to come out which usually are better (with the exception of FQ, wdw is only giving a measly 5%).

We usually go to WDW at least once a year. We start planning our next trip, (usually 12 months out) on the way home after the current vacation is over.
We plan our Disney Cruises probably 18 months in advance, we try to book future cruises when Disney releases their future itineraries. Once the cruise is booked we'll plan a few days at WDW before & after the cruise. :cool1:

We started planning our December 2012 vacation in June 2011, so 19 months. It was basically the week we got back from our May 2011 vacation :) It gave us time to save, but we booked things too early (like flights) that had to be changed, which was $.

The May 2011 trip wasn't planned until I think March 2011...so 2 months.

We plan our Disney and all other vacations about 12-15 months in advance. We can allocate savings, discuss spring and summer break timing and coordinate with other key activities. Plus if we are scheduled, we can work other obligations around our trips!

Since we have booked bounceback the last few Septembers we start planning as soon as we book for the next year.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter