• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

When do you see a movie?

When do you find you have time to watch a movie? We have 4.5 sea days on our upcoming cruise:)

We just make that decision when onboard. If it works out that a movie fits, we go. Now, most of our cruises have been long ones, so more time to do things.

The movies also run late at night.

For sea days, I just mark what I really want to do as far as other activities and then sandwich movies between them.

Sometimes I do the later movies as well while dd is in her club.

On our last 7 day cruise our family saw 3 movies and my DH an additional movie. If a movie is playing that you like you just decide if the time it is playing works for your schedule or not. Our family can't sit in the sun all day and needs a break, a movie is the perfect break!

I usually go to one of the late evening movies after dinner if I am interested in the movie. Sometimes they have special movie premieres in the Walt Disney Theater which I will make sure not to miss.

another one for late evening. they often have midnight movies and that works just fine for me. i don't sleep well.

There is movies going all the time so I just fit it into slow times. Some of the time it is after the stage show when there is no Adult Entertainment that interests me.

We look to see what's playing throughout the week to decide WHAT we want to see and then we figure out WHEN we want to see it. Sometimes a movie might only show once or twice so if you don't see it then, you don't get to see it.

We always have main dining, but we don't always go to the dining room for dinner. Sometimes that lets us watch a movie that starts at 5 p.m. that we would otherwise have missed because it shows again at 8:30 which conflicts with other activities.

A schedule of the movies and times is desciminated the first day of the cruise. The information is placed in your room.

They have movies all times of the day and evening. On our last cruise we saw Lincoln at 11am, Oz in the Disney Theater at the normal performance time instead of a stage act (7-day cruise). They also have movies that start at about 11pm. Have to look at the schedule, some movies might only play once, like Chimpanzee that only played on the frist sea day last week at 10am.

Hope this helps

We didn't get a seaday...would have loved to have gone to the 3d theatre, but we had no time. Thankfully JungleBook was playing on the giant Funnel vision screen while we were in line for the Aquaduck the last day. We also could play any movies we wanted in the room (yay Disney! That was great) and bookmark or pause them and pick them up later when we were getting ready or winding down.

Gotta have a seaday next cruise...

We didn't get a seaday...would have loved to have gone to the 3d theatre, but we had no time. Thankfully JungleBook was playing on the giant Funnel vision screen while we were in line for the Aquaduck the last day. We also could play any movies we wanted in the room (yay Disney! That was great) and bookmark or pause them and pick them up later when we were getting ready or winding down.Gotta have a seaday next cruise...

The in-room movies on demand is only on the Fantasy and Dream at this time!

On the Magic and Wonder they have a channel for a movie. the movies will play at (example) 3:00, 9:00, 12:00 both AM and PM. They have about 15 of these channels with such movies. None of the movies are in Theater Now movies.

When do you find you have time to watch a movie? We have 4.5 sea days on our upcoming cruise:)

I've been on five DCL cruises (all on the Magic) and all but one were 7-days. No one in my family has ever successfully made it to a movie. I've never even stepped foot in the theater. :rotfl2::rotfl2: I figure that I can watch movies at home!

We are sailing on the Fantasy in October of 2014, and I doubt very seriously that I will see a movie then, but my daughter will be 12, and we are traveling with friends who will have another 12 year old and a 10 year old. I can imagine that THEY might go to a movie at some point! :)

Ya' know. I have yet to see a movie in the theater onboard yet. It's not for lack of wanting- just wind up doing other fun stuff. Going to have to next go 'round.

I never watched a movie in the theater (I'd seen all that were playing, so it wasn't a priority), but I did watch a few in my stateroom on the on demand channel.

I would watch a bit in the morning before heading to breakfast, some while getting ready for dinner and usually finish it at night just as I was falling asleep.

We were on the Fantasy in February and did not watch a movie in the theatre at all but REALLY enjoyed the movies that were shown after the Pirates in the Caribbean deck party late at night on the Funnelvision...something about sitting out under the stars that made it really special (of course it WAS Johnny Depp as Captain Jack Sparrow on the big screen!) :thumbsup2

I would probably watch more movies on the Magic and Wonder if the seats were more comfy. There just isn't enough leg room so DH and I sit on folding chairs in the back. And no, we aren't giants, but not every passenger is built like a dwarf either. I really hope they re-do the movie theatres during the upcoming refurbs.

On my 4-night Bahamas cruises, I watched movies on Nassau and Castaway Cay afternoons. DCL had very few adult activities onboard while the ship was in port, and movies saved my afternoons.

We typically go late in the evening also - after dinner and stage shows are over (unless there is a prim-ear at sea at TWD theatre)

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards

I went to "the late show" on the last night of our cruise. It was a nice way to wind down the evening. :cheer2:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter