When do I receive log in info?

Ours was closed and deed recorded on 1/20/16. Yesterday we called in the morning and were (mistakenly) given a membership number by someone at DVC member services. I think it was a slip up on their end. Later that afternoon I called and told someone I had my member number and could they please help me with online log-in so I could book... which they did. I have yet to receive my documents in the mail. DVC emailed me to say I should receive them in the next week or two. So, as others have said, it totally depends on luck, timing and the person on the phone at DVC. But you can get your log-in info before you get the info in the mail.

Did you call back and get your number? Was it Accounting, Admin, or MS that gave it to you?
I called MS. I said that I wanted to find out availability of some dates, but didn't have my # with me. She looked it up, and then checked the dates for me. Before I hung up, I asked for the number so I could set up my online account. I then hung up, and called Tech support. (option 6). I had just been put in the system a few hours before so my activation code was not ready. I had to call back this morning and get that so they could link my DVC account to my MDE account. I called in total 4/5 times, but never made it seem like I was calling just for the number. I had legitimate questions to ask even if I "wasn't in the system". Admin, and accounting wasn't going to give it to me. I think the only way it was going to happen was the way it did.

I called MS. I said that I wanted to find out availability of some dates, but didn't have my # with me. She looked it up, and then checked the dates for me. Before I hung up, I asked for the number so I could set up my online account. I then hung up, and called Tech support. (option 6). I had just been put in the system a few hours before so my activation code was not ready. I had to call back this morning and get that so they could link my DVC account to my MDE account. I called in total 4/5 times, but never made it seem like I was calling just for the number. I had legitimate questions to ask even if I "wasn't in the system". Admin, and accounting wasn't going to give it to me. I think the only way it was going to happen was the way it did.

:worship: Nice job!

I am not good at tip-toeing around things like that. My hands get all clammy and I start getting nervous worrying that I might slip up.

:worship: Nice job!

I am not good at tip-toeing around things like that. My hands get all clammy and I start getting nervous worrying that I might slip up.
Lol that's me too! I waited for the letter. I get too tongue-tied, especially over the phone.

Yikes! So for those if you at the end of the process like this, how long was your total process from when you made your offer to getting your number and abke to book? Thanks for the insight!

Just got my letter and introduction packet---but still no membership card. We closed on January 11th, and just got the letter/packet on Saturday 2/13. I've done this a few times, and this was a VERY VERY long wait. I'm glad I rented points for our trip in November, as all the rooms at our home resort of BWV for our timeframe are booked.

Just got my letter and introduction packet---but still no membership card. We closed on January 11th, and just got the letter/packet on Saturday 2/13. I've done this a few times, and this was a VERY VERY long wait. I'm glad I rented points for our trip in November, as all the rooms at our home resort of BWV for our timeframe are booked.
I received my letter, then my information packet. I have already made reservations. I can print a membership card online, expires 3 months from date printed.

Yikes! So for those if you at the end of the process like this, how long was your total process from when you made your offer to getting your number and abke to book? Thanks for the insight!

I made offer on 11/3 or 11/4. Accepted same day. Passed ROFR on 11/19, Received Closing Papers on 12/18, returned on 12/21, seller did not return stuff till Mid January and it took a number of calls and emails with company and title company to kick them in the butt. They told the company they mailed them in around Christmas. I don't believe they ever did.

Deed recorded on 1/20, Looked online on 2/8 and our old DVC log in was reactivated. On 2/9 my friend and I did points transfer through Member Services and I booked trip during same call. Got letter in dated 2/6/16 on 2/11/16 with Membership Number. No cards yet but letter said they are coming in separate package.

So if seller didn't delay the process I would say it would have taken just about two months instead of the three months that it took.

We need the number. Most reps won't talk to you unless you have received the number.

I have to admit I find it beyond comprehension that in this day & age they are using snail-mail & not a text or e-mail to send out the member number. I mean they have my phone # and e-mail. Even drop it somewhere in my MDE acct - we've all got one for crying out loud. Will be 2 wks waiting for me tomorrow :bored:.
Time for everyone to start complaining to Disney. We are paying dues we shouldn't have to wait on them to book, especially since it can affect availability if you are tying to use your 7 month window!

I called today and got my membership # and log in numbers! Booking our first stay now. Deed was recorded 2/1.

I called today and got my membership # and log in numbers! Booking our first stay now. Deed was recorded 2/1.

Which department did you talk to? And did you tell the truth that you have closed on a contract and are looking for your membership number or something else like you wanted to book a vacation but you cant find your membership number?

Our deed was recorded on 1/27 and we got our packet yesterday but it had no membership number included. Hubby used the Member Services chat option and was able to get the membership number by providing our contract number and the names of the sellers. Not sure if this helps, but maybe others can use this to get their own numbers that they are waiting for!

Which department did you talk to? And did you tell the truth that you have closed on a contract and are looking for your membership number or something else like you wanted to book a vacation but you cant find your membership number?

I talked to member services and told them I needed my membership number to buy the discounted tickets for our trip. I called 3 days in a row and it was finally there. I never had someone not look for it.

I talked to member services and told them I needed my membership number to buy the discounted tickets for our trip. I called 3 days in a row and it was finally there. I never had someone not look for it.

Would the discounted tickets be the DVC Annual Passes? Are those purchased on their website.

Would the discounted tickets be the DVC Annual Passes? Are those purchased on their website.

Yes you can buy the discounted annual passes through the regular website or member services. You would need to sign in to have it pull DVC pricing.

Yes you can buy the discounted annual passes through the regular website or member services. You would need to sign in to have it pull DVC pricing.

I wonder if the person at member services thinks a person is crazy if they ask for their number to purchase tickets and then they look it up and your not in the system.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter