When do I receive log in info?

You'll probably be okay in September, as long as you're not too particular. I've been doing some poking around just to get an idea of what availability is like across the resorts at different times of the year, and right now September is pretty much wide open everywhere, for almost all room types. If you want a studio at VGF or one of the very popular booking categories at a couple of the other resorts, you might be out of luck. Otherwise you'll likely have lots of options.

thanks for that info. We are going for a long weekend for our 30th anniversary.

In the past, people seemed to have gotten the membership number before the welcome packet. But my recent experience was the same as yours. I received our welcome packet nearly 3 weeks ago (January 13), after our deed was recorded on December 29. I *still* have not received a membership number in the mail. I was finally able to get access to the system by calling late last week (January 28, so nearly a month after the deed was recorded). My attempt to call a few days prior to that was met with "we can't find you in the system". Others whose deeds were recorded around the same time as mine, or even shortly after, have reported success in obtaining their membership numbers over the phone much sooner, in the more typical 12-14 day range. So perhaps I was just unlucky.

I do suggest calling, unless you're in no rush to obtain access. I wanted a reservation in March, so I was getting a bit anxious.

Thanks for the advice!! My wife called yesterday (26 days after closing). She told them we had received our welcome packet, but not the number and the woman told her to get a pen snd paper while she looked it up for her. We are officially in a planning our first trip as members!

For any locals waiting for their membership numbers, I was told by my realtor that you can go to the viewing center at SSR and get it. She has had clients get it 8 days after closing.

I wish I lived close

Has anyone whose deed was recorded around Jan 14th received their member #? Three weeks today & counting... :bored:

Has anyone whose deed was recorded around Jan 14th received their member #? Three weeks today & counting... :bored:
Our deed was recorded on 14th. We received membership package with magnets two days ago. We are anxiously awaiting member number :)

Our deed was recorded on 14th. We received membership package with magnets two days ago. We are anxiously awaiting member number :)
Update: This morning I called member services and they said that even tho I received the Welcome Package, the contract is still under the old owners name. She said it could be at least another two or three weeks til I receive my member information in order to begin making reservations. She said that it usually takes four complete months to complete the process. Little Discouraging :(

Update: This morning I called member services and they said that even tho I received the Welcome Package, the contract is still under the old owners name. She said it could be at least another two or three weeks til I receive my member information in order to begin making reservations. She said that it usually takes four complete months to complete the process. Little Discouraging :(

Gosh I hope not because we went from offer to closing in just over one month. :(

We closed on Jan 7th but Disney did not receive the closed contracts until Jan 21. I called yesterday and they said that we were still not in the system (still under the old owner's names), but said to try back again on Tuesday. From other forum posts, it looks like sometime between 2-3 weeks from when they receive the docs is the magic number.

4 months? That's what it appears they've been telling everyone, but the facts just don't show that. Now.. I do believe they are slowing things down, just because they can. The fact that they are now only giving estoppel two weeks before closing is absurd. Our deed was sent over on the 25th. I figured I'd call Sat/Sunday, as that would be the typical 12-14 days. Also, the fact that you got the welcome package and your not in the system doesn't sound right. Honestly it sounds like you reached a CM that just wasn't going to give you the number but didn't want to come out and say it.

I think no one knows for sure and CMs just tell a number in the hopes of cutting down the calls.

I ant to get ours done because I am looking at doing a member to member transfer with a friend. They are looking at selling. I need to get points for the fall and have bought from him before.

I got my membership number today!!!!!!!!!:yay::yay::yay::yay::yay: Letter was dated 1/29

sent to ROFR 10/23
passed 10/30
closing docs received 12/17
docs returned 12/22
closed 1/11
deed recorded 1/13
membership # in mail 2/5
Congratulations!! Did you receive your membership package yet? If so, when did you receive it? Our deed was recorded on the 14th - anxiously awaiting member number :)

logged on today and Disney reactivated my old membership number and log in. We closed 1/20.

I assume that we will get the new membership cards in the mail soon. :flower1::worship:

I called today, and I'M IN THE SYSTEM!!! The paper work went out this morning, so hopefully I'll get the letter by the weekend. The very nice CM wouldn't give me the number... but at least I know it's on the way.

I called today, and I'M IN THE SYSTEM!!! The paper work went out this morning, so hopefully I'll get the letter by the weekend. The very nice CM wouldn't give me the number... but at least I know it's on the way.

Great news.

Is it bad that I already did a member to member transfer with my friend and I have a vacation now booked for end of September for our anniversary.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter