when did BOG get so hard to book??

Skipper's Canteen had forces working against it at first and so now people don't want to take a chance on it unfortunately.
It didn't allow for ADR's at first and it got a bad wrap for its food.
Thing is most people I talk to that went after you were allowed to make an ADR said it was amazing and I feel the same way.

I'm certainly glad to hear Skipper Canteen is good now. I have an ADR for it in November. The menu sounded good to me. I didn't even try for BOG for either trip. It seems overhyped to me.

I'm certainly glad to hear Skipper Canteen is good now. I have an ADR for it in November. The menu sounded good to me. I didn't even try for BOG for either trip. It seems overhyped to me.

BOG I a certainly not our favorite place for food but getting that 8:00 and being able to ride 7DMT several times at almost empty is so fun. Plus the 8:00 crowd is held a team the hub so you are in an almost empty fantasy land. Very worth it if you can get the adr

My booking window opened Monday, May 15. I had the help of Disney Signature Services too find an ADR as well, and I wanted BOG for our party night (Mvmcp) however, they said that those reservations haven't opened up yet for BOG, so I just need to wait. Hoping I will be able to secure one for our trip eventually. I have my TA and DSS looking out for it :) so just wait it out, eventually the reservations should be released. I am finding the same thing for a ROL package, they haven't been released yet.

This totally makes sense. I tried all the party days during our trip and could easily find adr. On party days nothing available all day., This gives me hope!!!

I was only able to get reservations using the reservation locator on touringplans.com. I put in a request for a date/meal and they texted me when a reservation opened. It took about a month, but I was able to book a dinner reservation. I would highly recommend trying this.

I got a notification last night from Touring Plans Reservation Finder about a 6:45 dinner ADR at BOG. I am so happy!!!!!

MVMCP closes MK at 7PM 4 nights/ week. September - December are the hardest months to get BOG dinner due to MK being closed so many nights for the parties

If you look at the MK hours on party nights this year, they are closing the parks down at 6pm. So, there will be even less availability than before.

My 180 day was to day for our 9 day stay. Last year we had no problem getting PPO BOG and we booked 60 days out. This time I could not find on until the last few days of our stay and could not get one dinner at BOG. CRAZY

Since it existed. It's been a tough adr since I started trying to get them. The number of adrs I've never gotten there (despite trying the whole time) outnumber the times I've gotten in.

BOG I a certainly not our favorite place for food but getting that 8:00 and being able to ride 7DMT several times at almost empty is so fun. Plus the 8:00 crowd is held a team the hub so you are in an almost empty fantasy land. Very worth it if you can get the adr
Is 7DMT the only ride they start running early? Just wondering if others nearby in Fantasyland start loading as well.

Is 7DMT the only ride they start running early? Just wondering if others nearby in Fantasyland start loading as well.
Only 7DMT was running early. It was totally worth it. One morning we rode 4 times back to back!!

Why would you say that? There's nothing about it that makes it Signature worthy. There's one character, and the food is mass produced.

I agree with you, so not worth 2 points, but I think Smcabee has a point, bcause it's so popular, I think it could happen.

We had no troubling booking a lunch today (our 180) which was for day 183. We tried for dinner on day 180 or 181 and couldn't find it. No other nights at MK at the end of our trip.

Good morning! We are staying offisite in December (as we usually do) and I've never had trouble getting BOG lunch reservations before, but I've been checking daily leading up to my 180 day mark and haven't been able to find a BOG lunch at any time. I've never gone during party season so I guess that's why. Is it worth me getting up at 6am on the actual day 180 to try, or will they already all be gone by onsite guests?

Thanks!

We'll be at MK the last week of June and have a 930am and 830pm res at BOG on the 26th if anyone has anything we could trade? By trade I mean drop res's at the same time and swap. Just a thought. My wife and I haven't fully decided which res we want to keep so help make it easy for us, :)

Last edited:
Good morning! We are staying offisite in December (as we usually do) and I've never had trouble getting BOG lunch reservations before, but I've been checking daily leading up to my 180 day mark and haven't been able to find a BOG lunch at any time. I've never gone during party season so I guess that's why. Is it worth me getting up at 6am on the actual day 180 to try, or will they already all be gone by onsite guests?

Thanks!
You'll get it if you're flexible on time, and keep checking. Use the Touring Plans free reservation finder if you don't find it on your own at 180 days.

Got hard when it opened for dinner, when they added ADR for lunch and when they added PPO Breakfast. He has never been easy BUT sometimes we have gotten lucky to pick up times 60, 30 and even a week out. I never took them as easy to get but that I got lucky. But Free Dining and holiday/special attendance times make it even harder.

Best bet keep checking and at the special times like 60 days when folks get their FP+ and drop the ADRs they have been holding.

Last edited:
If you look at the MK hours on party nights this year, they are closing the parks down at 6pm. So, there will be even less availability than before.
I'm wondering where you saw that MK is closing at 6 on party nights in September? I just checked the Disney site and it says 7.

I had no problem getting an ADR for dinner in September. However, my 180 days out was before they announced free dining. Also I am going for 8 nights so tried to get BOG first at the end of my trip. We ate dinner there last year and it was good. I don't understand why they don't have all of the rooms opened for dinner. There would be so many more tables available.

Based on MANY recommendations, I've signed up for the Touring Plans reservation finder to get that coveted BOG on November 14th. It's the last reservation we need, so here's hoping. Good luck to everyone trying to get spots this fall!

I'm wondering where you saw that MK is closing at 6 on party nights in September? I just checked the Disney site and it says 7.

I had no problem getting an ADR for dinner in September. However, my 180 days out was before they announced free dining. Also I am going for 8 nights so tried to get BOG first at the end of my trip. We ate dinner there last year and it was good. I don't understand why they don't have all of the rooms opened for dinner. There would be so many more tables available.

The OP is going to Disney in November for MVMCP not MNSSHP. If you look at the hours on Disney's website for November and the BOG restaurant page, the hours say 6pm close on party nights and nothing can be booked at restaurants past 6pm.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter