When can we "borrow" points?

appleorchard

DIS Veteran
This may sound a little complicated, but bear with me if you can possibly help! Our use year is February, and we have a ressie this February which is using all but 10 of our annual points. We just decided we'd like to add on an additional night(we realize this may not even be possible, but we're gonna try!) but will have to borrow from our 2008 points to do it. The day we're adding on is after our use year, but can we make the ressie now, before we actually have access to the points? In other words, can we borrow points before we have them, if our ressie is after the date we'll get them? I know, really confusing, and we're making ourselves crazy trying to figure it out! This complicated scenario will actually simplify our vacation; the alternative is much more complicated, involving multiple flights from 3 different cities, so I hope we can do this--and I wish I'd thought of it yesterday, when Member Services was actually open!

You may borrow points from the Use Year that follows the date of the reservation you are making - in this case, you may already borrow from your February 2008 Use Year for a reservation in February 2007 (based on availability). You can only borrow when you are actually making a reservation so you'll be fine when you call on Tuesday.

Enjoy!

This may sound a little complicated, but bear with me if you can possibly help! Our use year is February, and we have a ressie this February which is using all but 10 of our annual points. We just decided we'd like to add on an additional night(we realize this may not even be possible, but we're gonna try!) but will have to borrow from our 2008 points to do it. The day we're adding on is after our use year, but can we make the ressie now, before we actually have access to the points? In other words, can we borrow points before we have them, if our ressie is after the date we'll get them? I know, really confusing, and we're making ourselves crazy trying to figure it out! This complicated scenario will actually simplify our vacation; the alternative is much more complicated, involving multiple flights from 3 different cities, so I hope we can do this--and I wish I'd thought of it yesterday, when Member Services was actually open!

I'm confused about what it you are actually asking, so correct me if I am wrong.

Are you saying you have a ressie in February 2007, and have used all but 10 of your 2007 points? Now you want to add an additional night to the end of that reservation, but you need to borrow points from your Feb 2008 points to do that?

If I interpreted your question correctly, yes, you can do that. You can make reservations at the 11 month window, even if it involves borrowing points from the following use year. The restriction is you can not BANK the points you'll receive in Feb 2007 to Feb 2008 until after Feb 1, 2007.

Good luck with getting that night on fairly short notice :)

If I'm understanding correctly, you have a Feb UY and you have booked a trip for Feb '07. You want to add another night to that trip, requiring more than the 10 points you have left in your '07 UY so you want to know how soon you can borrow the additional points you need from your '08 UY. The answer is, you can do that now provided there is availability to add that extra night to your reservation.

Good luck!

That's one hurdle down; we're pretty flexible and are willing to stay at any DVC property for a night. The night we need is Feb. 27th so if there's nothing available we'll put our faith in the waitlist and pray. Thanks for the help!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter